Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
The Matte Blacks:-

View attachment 133551
Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12: Matte Black

View attachment 133553
Toyota FT-86 Concept '09: Matte Black

From these two shots (unedited) it looks like the LFA's Matte Black is darker ....

View attachment 133554

... But make a swatch from similarly lit panels and the Toyota Matte Black turns out to be darkest.

Both are unusual and look great on certain cars don't you think ?? :)
Try testing both on both cars, neither match either original. One appears to have been buffed out a little more on the cars as-purchased (I forget which) and that doesn't carry over when repainted on either car, it's just a difference in saturation.

Try testing both on both cars, neither match either original. One appears to have been buffed out a little more on the cars as-purchased (I forget which) and that doesn't carry over when repainted on either car, it's just a difference in saturation.

Very true ... i've played with Mattes on the old test mule RX-7 and all of them look completely different when sprayed on that ... but then most paints are like that .. rarely turn out as expected ... lol.

The latest Seasonal Paint Chips:-

GTMETALLIC008-W400_MatteBrown800x215.png

SubaruImprezaCoupe22B-STiVersion98GTMETALLIC008-W.jpg

Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-STi Version '98 sprayed with: GT METALLIC 008-W (Nice colour - i've got a few uses this)

BMWConcept1SeriesTii07MatteBrown.jpg

BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07 in the Matte Brown (Hmmmm ... an acquired taste ???)

PS: Getting the Ferrari FXX Super Lap: GT Japanese 007-W is driving me crazy!! ... i gave up for now before my poor 'ole DS3 bounced off the wall again !! .. lol ... so if someone beats me to it feel free to post a pic :nervous:

I like the brown, haven't gotten it yet still trying out tunes from the tuning thread for seasonal events.

Whats the best approximate for Matte Blue?
I Like the Yas Marina Blue from the new M4 Coupe - anything more matte in this shade?

I love the Matte Red from one of the previous seasonal event

Hello does anyone know where i can get a gloss purple similar to the one in my profile picture?
Try African Violet from the Mercedes-Benz A160 Avantgarde '98~ It's the closest shade I know of that matches~ 👍

Pourpre and Midnight Purple won't cut it, I'm afraid.

Here's the regular Plum Crazy.

13550358364_fe31562285_o.jpg

A little too bright, but it's close, that's for sure.

Another question about red. Which car has the brightest red that will still produce a white stripe?
This doesn't really answer your question, but do you have confirmation that the car doesn't make a difference? To be safe it might be wise to state the car you're most concerned with so that it can be checked by responders. I went so far as to buy two GT-R Black edition '12s to compare wheel color for someone.

This doesn't really answer your question, but do you have confirmation that the car doesn't make a difference? To be safe it might be wise to state the car you're most concerned with so that it can be checked by responders. I went so far as to buy two GT-R Black edition '12s to compare wheel color for someone.

The problem is it doesn't make sense that PD would go through the trouble for making different variations for each striped car.

The problem is it doesn't make sense that PD would go through the trouble for making different variations for each striped car.
With 233 posts on these forums, surely you've seen plenty of evidence of PD doing things that don't make sense. If you'd give an example of at least one car you want to paint the lightest possible red and either obtain or retain a white stripe, I just might apply my obscene number of red paints to it and see what I come up with. The real problem is that I don't actually have any striped cars (that came with stripes, anyway), and if I'm actually going to buy one to test this (because I'm just that willing to help), it would be nice to buy one that you actually want to paint and end up with this result.

With 233 posts on these forums, surely you've seen plenty of evidence of PD doing things that don't make sense. If you'd give an example of at least one car you want to paint the lightest possible red and either obtain or retain a white stripe, I just might apply my obscene number of red paints to it and see what I come up with. The real problem is that I don't actually have any striped cars (that came with stripes, anyway), and if I'm actually going to buy one to test this (because I'm just that willing to help), it would be nice to buy one that you actually want to paint and end up with this result.

The best one for your money that is awesome(excludes MX-5's) is the Shelby GT350.

Jeeeeeeeeeesuuuuuuuuuus, I'm done. I have something on the order of 30 million credits and have bought and sold many hundreds of cars solely for their paint chips. I said I would buy the car you actually want to paint for the desired result, and it's like you're going out of your way to not say--so this is me no longer going out of my way to help you.

Who's next?

Jeeeeeeeeeesuuuuuuuuuus, I'm done. I have something on the order of 30 million credits and have bought and sold many hundreds of cars solely for their paint chips. I said I would buy the car you actually want to paint for the desired result, and it's like you're going out of your way to not say--so this is me no longer going out of my way to help you.

Who's next?

Been there, done that. 👍

Who's next?
I still need paints matching any of the '73 Camaro ones for my Pozzi Camaro. Preferably not black, as the hood is black, and I' d like to keep it distinct.

@Akwaaba The SLS AMG road car's 'designo mysticweiss 2' is filed under Pearlescent, and appears to be such. In case I haven't said yet, great OP and great thread.

Back