Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
I wonder...could you make a list for the most awesome metallic choices for each color? That would help...A LOT. :)

Have a look through Akwaaba's original list back at the start of this post ... it's a great source ...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...cars-share-your-favourite-paint-chips.294421/

... plus in the MEGA LIST there are a lot of great non blue paints that have caught my eye as i've wandered around:-

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...are-your-favourite-paint-chips.294421/page-13

Mazda demio sport 2010 16200cr has a really nice metallic green... Spirited green metallic

Also is anyone aware of how to get a matte dark grey? I want to match the colour on the r32 touring car so it looks like one uniform colour.

Mazda demio sport 2010 16200cr has a really nice metallic green... Spirited green metallic

Also is anyone aware of how to get a matte dark grey? I want to match the colour on the r32 touring car so it looks like one uniform colour.

This is a great idea ... sadly though there is no real Dark Grey Matte ... so i trawled through all sorts of other dark greys but nothing i have matched ... Hopefully somebody knows of one ... meanwhile i sprayed mine in Matte Black to see what happened ....

NissanSkylineGT-RR32TCMatteBlack2Gemasolar.jpg

.. it doesn't match but does highlight the Dark Grey of the rear of the car.

NissanSkylineGT-RR32TCMatteBlack2.jpg

Out on the track it proves that the car would look good if we could find a colour match! :cheers:

I'm looking for a color to match any of these '73 Camaro colors, to paint the Pozzi in.

http://www.nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro73.html
Difficult to match to simple swatches rather than something in-game or at the very least depicted on a car, but I'm pretty sure the two Dodge Chargers (not the SRT) can account for a number of those, plus they're of the same era and should have the appropriate finish. Light Green is tricky because I see some blue in there, but try the V12 Vantage.

Difficult to match to simple swatches rather than something in-game or at the very least depicted on a car, but I'm pretty sure the two Dodge Chargers (not the SRT) can account for a number of those, plus they're of the same era and should have the appropriate finish. Light Green is tricky because I see some blue in there, but try the V12 Vantage.
Thanks a lot! And I inow, but that's the only thing I could get, instead of finding a Camaro in each color :lol:. I'll look at the Dodge stuff later, thanks 👍.

• Mazda RX-7 (FD) Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Special Stage Route 5
    Period of Availability: 04/09/2014 23:00 – 05/07/2014 23:00
    Gold: Cr.70,000 Silver: Cr.33,000 Bronze: Cr.23,000
From the new seasonal events 10-04
  • Gift: Matte Dark Gray
Might make someone happy :)

My Shots (bad ones) of the GTR 32TC - Looks liek we need a Very Dark Gray ;)

Gemasolar_GTR TC32 Matte Dark Grey
by Malc01, on Flickr

Gemasolar_GTR TC32 Matte Black
by Malc01, on Flickr
My first thought is Gun Gray Metallic from an R32 (for obvious reasons) but you might try Audi and Mercedes as dark grays are prevalent. I don't think it has a matching color but be warned that the R8 road cars don't provide chips; the R8 LMS Race Car '09 does, however.

Anyone have thoughts on a particularly "Honda-ful" paint color, apart from Championship White? I just bought the HSV-010 Base Model and want to paint it a color that says it's definitely a Honda, but I don't want it off-white. :lol:

Last edited:
This is a great idea ... sadly though there is no real Dark Grey Matte ... so i trawled through all sorts of other dark greys but nothing i have matched ... Hopefully somebody knows of one ... meanwhile i sprayed mine in Matte Black to see what happened ....

View attachment 136779

.. it doesn't match but does highlight the Dark Grey of the rear of the car.

View attachment 136780

Out on the track it proves that the car would look good if we could find a colour match! :cheers:
The fixed grey on the rear third of the car is far more pearl than anything else (according to my paint selection anyway), and certainly isn't matte. I just spent the last couple hours spraying and respraying, as well as checking and rechecking, and found something really quite good in Arrow Grey Pearl Effect available on the Audi TT quattro 1.8T '00. Bonus, it's only about 55k and you'll get 30% back if you sell it. I hope others find this helpful.

ahhh! didnt realise it would prove this tricky to find a colour match, after getting that matte dark grey, i tried it, but i think a matte dark silver would prove to be a close match, thats if it even exists!! Thanks for the suggestions though! ill have to give them a try...!

ahhh! didnt realise it would prove this tricky to find a colour match, after getting that matte dark grey, i tried it, but i think a matte dark silver would prove to be a close match, thats if it even exists!! Thanks for the suggestions though! ill have to give them a try...!
I have that color, not a match unfortunately. Ill share a pic soon.
20140417_161340.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but for a nice Candy Red, purchase the 1998 Audi S4 in Hibiscus Red Pearl or purchase the 1970 Chevy Nova SS in Black Cherry Metallic.
For a sexy black that shifts to a hint of cream, purchase the Alfa Romeo MITO in Etna Black or purchase the Nissan GT-R Spec V in Ultimate Opel Black Pearl.
For a nice calm shade of blue, purchase the Eagle Talon in Bright Jade.
For a nice red color that gives white stripes on a vehicle that supports stripes, purchase the SRT Charger SRT8 in Redline 3-Coat.

Anyone have a purple color to match the P on the side of the R32 TC?
Lavendar from the Lexus LFA '10. It also works well as a match to the graphics on the Opera S2000 or the plates on the Opera 350Z.

Anyone know where I can get a metallic/Pearl Light blue that will turn stripes white on a viper/camaro etc.?

Cosmic Blue Pearl is not particularly light, but looks amazing. I painted my GT40 with it and it has a white stripe. I think it comes on one of the Volvo's.

Any good brown color for rims? Those from cheaper cars are preferred. The color is like this:

work_meister_M1R_brown.jpg

I tried Sepang Bronze, Silica Breath, and Millennium Jade; all of them look terrible. :)

Hot coffee or something like that. It's on the mini cooper s '11

Anyone have thoughts on a particularly "Honda-ful" paint color, apart from Championship White? I just bought the HSV-010 Base Model and want to paint it a color that says it's definitely a Honda, but I don't want it off-white. :lol:

The "Spoon" Yellow - always my fave Honda colour

Imperial Blue (found on Focus RS '02)? Blue NART (Ferrari. Maybe 458, maybe 430 or 430 Scuderia. I'm 100% it's on one of those, possibly on all three)?

These are answers without comparing though, straight out of... the blue :D

Back