Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
I didn't find Mayan Red giving a white stripe? Certainly not on the MX-5's where the stripe appears when you paint.

The brightest red I've found so far which gives a white stripe isthe metallic Competitzione Red which I think is a Alfa colour.

No, that is Misano Red Pearleffect. From an Audi.

Which is the closest green I can get to match up with the green the Ford GT40 had on GT2:

Here a video where you can see the car and it's color

Try jaguars, or other cars that are traditionally green. I do know a car with that paint, just can't remember... Try the LFA or classic muscle cars

Try jaguars, or other cars that are traditionally green. I do know a car with that paint, just can't remember... Try the LFA or classic muscle cars
One of the premium Astons has a similar color I believe though not sure you get the chip.
Will check them out tomorrow when wake up, too tired for that now.

Redline 3-Coat (SRT Charger SRT8)
Gran Turismo Red Metallic (Mazda Furai Concept, and my favorite color in the game)
Gran Turismo Red Metallic seems identical to Red Fire Clearcoat Metallic. I'm not sure where I got the latter, but it must have been cheaper than the 1.25 million Furai!

Edit: There is one difference! Red Fire gives black stripes, while the Furai paint gives white stripes.

I have 29 reds that put white stripes on the Vioer.

Last edited:
Try Sassy Grass Green from one of the Cudas. May be too bright though. The one in the video is a pale green.
Checked out, and is way too bright, but thanks anyway.

From the suggestions, I think Almont Green out of the Premium DB9 was the closest I got.
gt40.jpg

Checked out, and is way too bright, but thanks anyway.

From the suggestions, I think Almont Green out of the Premium DB9 was the closest I got.
gt40.jpg
Ah well. Still a nice color to habe. I use it any time I want a "Crazy" hot rod.

Also, grabber lime from the mach 1. Aweslme shade of bright green.

Forgot totally about Aston though.

Ah well. Still a nice color to habe. I use it any time I want a "Crazy" hot rod.

Also, grabber lime from the mach 1. Aweslme shade of bright green.

Forgot totally about Aston though.
Yeah, I might use the green from the Cuda on some other of cars.

Great looking car. The one I was thinking of I think comes from the V12 Vantage. Viridian Green or something like that, but it might be too bright (or seafoam-y).

Which is the closest green I can get to match up with the green the Ford GT40 had on GT2:

Man, the AI was feisty as hell. Those 2 laps were surely more fun than all of the races on GT6 I've had against the grand masters of "no please after you - I insist".

Great looking car. The one I was thinking of I think comes from the V12 Vantage. Viridian Green or something like that, but it might be too bright (or seafoam-y).
I got that paint chip as well, I liked it but in my opinion was too bright for what I'm going.
Yet I think the color tone was great, just like it was meant to be, if only was more pale and less metallic-ish, would be perfect.

Man, the AI was feisty as hell. Those 2 laps were surely more fun than all of the races on GT6 I've had against the grand masters of "no please after you - I insist".
I play a lot of GT2 on my phone with an emulator, and is great fun, although the AI always follow the same line, even if you try to push them, they sure give us a tougher challenge than GT6 challenge that slows down let you pass.

If that's ford gt40 "linden green" (check google) then the closest I have in non metallic are GT OLD GENERATION 002-w which is a seasonal chip i believe and the next closest to that is fiftiesgruen from the opal dealership.

Have you tried "Light Green Metallic" from the Toyota Celica GT-Four?

Looks similar to this color
1920px-Toyota_Celica_%28T200%29.JPG

Last edited:
Some one will/might have a cry about "wire wheels" on the 2000GT.

My inspiration behind the color choice was 2 things.

My first copy of GT2 was the NTSC v1.0(the really buggy one) and for the first 2 weeks or so there was a GOLD 2000GT that only appeared once, inorder to get it you had to go through to the IB license test, get a cheap high powered car(Suprea MA70) then you had to do the Trial Mountain 30lap enduro.

If you are lucky you can win(as long as that Vector M12 wasn't in the race) you can get it.

Plus it looks rather nice in gold with wire wheels.

Tokyo R246_2.jpg

It is also a it came in gold.
jpf13-163.jpg

Last edited:
@Akwaaba I thought it worth noting that the Ford GT40 Mark IV '67 race car does provide a paintchip, however it appears to be identical to the one provided by the stripeless '05 and '06 Ford GTs as long as the two are used on the same subject for comparison. The Ford GT in Mark IV Red as its original color appears to be darker and 'richer' than a repainted one (regardless of which Mark IV Red paintchip is used), and the latter yields black stripes rather than the original's white ones.

I know @Jbaffoh will appreciate this information as well. Pictures coming soon.

Edit:

Here's the original Mark IV Red Ford GT '06, note the white stripes.

15157171966_f2af97f55a_z.jpg

Here's the Ford GT '06 painted Mark IV Red as it's acquired from the Ford GT '06 without any sort of stripes, it's not quite as deep and it generates black stripes instead of the original's white ones.

14993618778_53456d5e04_z.jpg

And here's the Ford GT '06 painted Mark IV Red as it's acquired from the Ford Mark IV Race Car '67--it appears to be identical, right down to the new stripe color.

15179830462_16f48ac2aa_z.jpg

All three images were shot at the Syracuse daytime photomode location, position 2, default camera position zommed in to the maximum value and focused on the bright white point just to the left of the headlight and above the accent line.

Last edited:
is there any blue (non metalic) that allows white words on base models cars?

kind of like this blue.

royalblue.gif

EDIT: the price of the cars isn't an issue. ;)

Last edited:
is there any blue (non metalic) that allows white words on base models cars?

kind of like this blue.

royalblue.gif
Baltic Blue from the Honda Civic 1500 3door 25i '83 looks like it could be a good match, barring any color discrepancies between my TV/PS3 and my phone. Solid color, white lettering, and and it's a mere 11,890cr. Tested on the Honda HSV-010 Base Model '12.

Thank you but the color is a bit too dark, I'm actually looking a color closer to "Cyberia Blue" (I don't know which car I got it from though) but that would allow me to have white stripes/letter on my cars.

Again, thank you for the effort. :)

Thank you but the color is a bit too dark, I'm actually looking a color closer to "Cyberia Blue" (I don't know which car I got it from though) but that would allow me to have white stripes/letter on my cars.

Again, thank you for the effort. :)
Yeah that's the issue--too light and lettering/stripes go black. If you look above you can see my Mark IV Red comparison; the Ford GT comes standard with white stripes on the car but applying that very same color on it renders black stripes...this is true for the SRT Viper GTS '13 in GTS Blue Pearl as well--white stripes at time of purchase but black stripes once repainted. Say the word and I'll check my Metallics/Pearls for a closer match. Oh and Cyberia Blue comes on the Mazda Autozam AZ1 '92.

Yeah that's the issue--too light and lettering/stripes go black. If you look above you can see my Mark IV Red comparison; the Ford GT comes standard with white stripes on the car but applying that very same color on it renders black stripes...this is true for the SRT Viper GTS '13 in GTS Blue Pearl as well--white stripes at time of purchase but black stripes once repainted. Say the word and I'll check my Metallics/Pearls for a closer match. Oh and Cyberia Blue comes on the Mazda Autozam AZ1 '92.
GT6 is weird ^^

Well, I would really like that if you could find a color close to "Cyberia Blue". At this point I'd take metallic/pearl. haha

I'm afraid it doesn't get any better than the aforementioned Baltic Blue, at least not with any of the 2114 paint chips I possess. Anything lighter yields black lettering.

Back