Want a greater variety of Paint Chips? Try these Cars & Share your Favourite Paint Chips

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 809 comments
Which is the closest green I can get to match up with the green the Ford GT40 had on GT2:

Here a video where you can see the car and it's color

Try fiftiesgrun from an Opel Corsa Comfort, that's the color I have in my gt40! :cheers:

I'm afraid it doesn't get any better than the aforementioned Baltic Blue, at least not with any of the 2114 paint chips I possess. Anything lighter yields black lettering.

Actually, it does. Sea Blue from the Volkswagon Beetle '66 is actually a sort of light blue that gives a white stripe. My GT40 was painted that color for a while. :)

Any purple similar to the infamous US-exclusive Edge Camaro? :)

chevrolet_camaro_ss_edge_special___f02_by_m2m_design-d670546.jpg

I saw a friend in his M5 with a lovely blue on it which he said was called Midnight Blue, he could be wrong. Anyone know where to get it? Seems like a Nissan colour... Thanks in advance.

I saw a friend in his M5 with a lovely blue on it which he said was called Midnight Blue, he could be wrong. Anyone know where to get it? Seems like a Nissan colour... Thanks in advance.
Either of the 69 Camaros I think. If not, try other classic muscle cars.

In real life the factory midnight purple available on the m5 was called Monacoblau Metallic. In the game you can get it on the 135, 330, z4. It looks more midnight purple IRL than in the game.

Actually, it does. Sea Blue from the Volkswagon Beetle '66 is actually a sort of light blue that gives a white stripe. My GT40 was painted that color for a while. :)
I'll have to check again then. VW was one of the first "major" dealerships I cleared thanks to its limited number of models and therefor limited number of paint chips. Hard to believe I missed it unless it's tucked among drastically dissimilar thumbnailed colors and I just scrolled past.

I got that paint chip as well, I liked it but in my opinion was too bright for what I'm going.
Yet I think the color tone was great, just like it was meant to be, if only was more pale and less metallic-ish, would be perfect.

I play a lot of GT2 on my phone with an emulator, and is great fun, although the AI always follow the same line, even if you try to push them, they sure give us a tougher challenge than GT6 challenge that slows down let you pass.
GT2 on your phone? How?! I must know!

Where can one like myself find the color called New Sherwood Toning? Sorry if I am being redundant/ignorant/off-topic but I'm literally in need of that specific color and I have no idea where I could find it

I only have 1 red (I think it's "rot red") that allows white stripes on cars, can someone tell me if there are other reds (non-metallic) that allow white stripes on cars?

reds similar to this one:
5477-logo-red-zoom.jpg

I only have 1 red (I think it's "rot red") that allows white stripes on cars, can someone tell me if there are other reds (non-metallic) that allow white stripes on cars?

reds similar to this one:
5477-logo-red-zoom.jpg

Misano Red Perleffekt I think it's called - available on some of the Audi cars, gives a white stripe. Was covered earlier in the thread. Even though it's a pearl colour, it's relatively solid and nice and bright.

However it took me a while to find an Audi that actually gave you the paint chip - in the end I think it was one of the Audi R6 ones that gave it.

Reds that give a white stripe.

vw rot uni, fiat rosso corallo, are brightest solid paints other is the misano pearl mentioned above

Solid paints
"Dark Red"
"Salsa"
"Rot Uni"
"Rosso corallo scuro"
"Sunrise red"
"Regency Red"
"Prugna"

Metallic
"Radiant red (pm)"
"Bordeaux red metallic"
"Rosso rubino"
"Rouge de mars"
"Competizione red"
"Imperial red"
"Caviar"
"Rosso proteo metallizzato"

Pearl
Canyon red
Muranrot perleffekt
Copper red mica

Reds that give a white stripe.

vw rot uni, fiat rosso corallo, are brightest solid paints other is the misano pearl mentioned above

Solid paints
"Dark Red"
"Salsa"
"Rot Uni"
"Rosso corallo scuro"
"Sunrise red"
"Regency Red"
"Prugna"

Metallic
"Radiant red (pm)"
"Bordeaux red metallic"
"Rosso rubino"
"Rouge de mars"
"Competizione red"
"Imperial red"
"Caviar"
"Rosso proteo metallizzato"

Pearl
Canyon red
Muranrot perleffekt
Copper red mica

Add Diamond Red (Mitsubishi VGT) and Cranberry Red (S13) to the list :)

Then that is probably where I got it.
But I have two and one gives white and one gives black.

Good catch, I went and bought them on another account and the active red from nismo gives white stripe and the active red from Nissan is a black stripe

Edit: The nismo color is awesome I've painted 3 cars already :)

Back