War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Just wait till the 190 A5-U2.. Whenever I ran into one, my wings would be blown off couple seconds later.. :irked:

My A5 and A5/U2 are aced already :D I love using them in Arcade, where guns > everything. The gun pods do slow it down a bit, though. However, you don't need to know what you're doing, just fly into the furball, do headons with everyone who's stupid enough to not break away, rinse and repeat. Easy lions, easy life.

I find Germany to be an extremely dominant nation overall, to be honest. In arcade, they out-gun everything and my BF109s can outclimb a lot of opponents even in RB. I might be quite bad at RB, but being able to engange at will is incredibly helpful. Even against the supposedly undertiered planes around. I'll just have to make my way to the G10 and K4, I guess :lol: Still, the F8F-1B Bearcat is the next thing on my shopping list. And it's going to take a bit of time to unlock and upgrade it.

I may be the only one who doesn't really like Germany or most of the American planes bar the F8F.
I want a little bit of agility in my planes. I also don't like it to be overly slow climbing though so my most used tree is the Japanese which as long as you are smart are ok with both.

Yeah, I also plan to get into the Japanese planes. I will disregard the jets though..
Why? The F86 is like the US ones and the bomber is actually ok. The Kika is like a more agile 262. The only one that is worse is the ki200 which is worse then the ME163.

Why? The F86 is like the US ones and the bomber is actually ok. The Kika is like a more agile 262. The only one that is worse is the ki200 which is worse then the ME163.
And the R2Y2 can turn with Zeroes...
I'd disagree with you about the Kikka: it has half the thrust of the 262 combined with worse stock maneuverability and an upgrade needed to get a second 30mm cannon.
Best plane to grind Japanese up to end of Tier IV has got to be the Fw 190 A-5. :P

I prefer the acceleration and agility to overall speed.

If they don't they just climb again and try again before you have a chance at shooting them.

Isn't Gaijin revisiting the matchmaking in 1.45? It's currently utterly stupid, anyway. There are so many scenarios in which a player is getting utterly clubbed, it's not even funny.

You know sometimes I feel like the only guy who hates ground forces. I just can't tank. Even in ground battles I always take a plane and do ground strikes.
:sly:
I feel in reverse. I'm a much better tank fighter than a pilot. I wasn't so good at World of Tanks, but here...

Was playing an RB just now, on my KV-85, three shots = three kills. Two Tigers and one Panzer IV G. :D
You have to know the weak spots of the enemy tanks. An AP shell to the hull side just under the turret rear - and the cat won't bite anymore. The 85mm can pierce the Tiger's front, too.

However, the balance seems to be biased to German tanks now (on the trird level, at least). It's pretty hard to win for Soviets here, but when I take my Jagdpanzer IV, I dominate quite often (if my team doesn't suck too much).

Also, I have to master calculating the distance quickly in RB. I know how the horizontal scale works for calculating the distance to the target, but I just have to be quicker with that. Because on flat maps like Kursk or Mozdok, it's very important.

Grinding down to the Tu-2S tonight as well as the Bearcats and Tempest II. Also tomorrow and day after (exams are over). Anyone wanna play?

Ugh.. It's impossible to win with low tier Brits or Ruskies.. yes, brits have gazillion guns but my BB gun has larger calibre and hurts more.. and then the Russians have next to NO guns and catch fire when someone even looks at them..

Ugh.. It's impossible to win with low tier Brits or Ruskies.. yes, brits have gazillion guns but my BB gun has larger calibre and hurts more.. and then the Russians have next to NO guns and catch fire when someone even looks at them..
U W0T M8? Brits set all fighters and light bombers on fire with their 7.7's. And the Russian ShVAK's rip things apart. They also have plenty of ammo for that one gun (120-150)...

They just don't work for me I guess. I know I know, later in the Brit tree there's monsters with 4x20mm cannons etc.. But 8x7.7mm is but like blowing bubbles. Damage is done, yes, but nothing critical. Especially not without alternative ammo belts.

Edit: Grumman F7F-1 Tigercat has been added to my collection. :mischievous: Anything that happens to be in front of me will get 'rekt' as they say on the streets.. :lol:

Last edited:
Yes the British early planes have rubbish guns but they are good enough for a couple of kills.

The Russians get the ShKas "minigun" early though and although it jams easily that fire rate means it does a lot of damage.

Last edited:
The early Russian planes seem quite good, though. The I-153 Chaika, the I-16 and the LaGG 3 are all at least decent.
Edit: Grumman F7F-1 Tigercat has been added to my collection. :mischievous: Anything that happens to be in front of me will get 'rekt' as they say on the streets.. :lol:
Lovely plane, that! And yeah, it's amazingly good at head-ons. German pilots seemingly like to engage everything that way - and they seem shocked when an American plane beats them at their own game :lol:

On the topic of upgrades: How do you guys deal with stock planes? I usually just grind arcade until I get at least some upgrades... Gotta say, though, I do miss the German firepower. Even moreso in arcade than in RB. So easy to get double digit kills :embarrassed:

I do just Arcade for now. RB is bit too much for mouse control. I do have a joystick but it's not too good, the throttle calibration is funky.

Never tried War Thunder with a joystick. Would like to, though. Mouse aim causes my plain to sometimes wiggle around a whole lot in RB - which seems like an artificial disadvantage to mouse aim, imho. Probably necessary to give joystick pilots a fair chance, I guess.

After a go at RB.. I'll stick to arcade for the foreseeable future. I'm apparently rank IV in arcade, but just II in RB.. So yeah :P

Back