War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

You need to know opposite tanks specs and hit where armor is thinnest.. or get a bigger gun xD

I still haven't figured out how to take out tanks in one hit though. I frequently get taken out in one hit... :grumpy:
Aim for crew hatches and drivers' peepholes. The T-34 is usually one-shot-one-killed if hit in the driver hatch in front. The Panzers can be blasted by hitting the front panel with machine gun and driver's triplex.
Also, try using the X-ray mode in the hangar to learn the tanks' vulnerable spots (ammo placement, fuel tanks, etc).

shot 2014.10.31 19.43.48.jpg

shot 2014.10.31 19.45.21.jpg

Also, new American tank revealed by the Snails: M4A1 (76) Sherman.
%D0%9C4%D0%901-76-1a-ru.jpeg

%D0%9C4%D0%901-76-2-ru.jpeg

%D0%9C4%D0%901-76-3-ru.jpeg

%D0%9C4%D0%901-76-4-ru.jpeg

Which is the fastest version of the ki10? It is clearly the fastest plane for the PO2 race but which version has the slight edge over the others?

Grinding is not grinding when you are having fun. #BestQuote2014
Best quote, indeed :D

Gotta say, I kinda overreacted to the recent BR increases. The matchmaking didn't change much for me, to be honest. I added the D-13 to my line-up, recently, so having the A5/U2 at 6.0 has little impact on my matchmaking.

Either way, opinions on what's better? The D-9, the D-12 or the Ta 152?

The only difference between them all is the height that they were meant for IIRC. It went D9 at the lowest and the Ta 152 at the highest.

Thanks! So, for arcade, I'd go with whatever has the best low-altitude performance :lol: Dunno, I doubt I'll be flying a Focke Wulf in RB. I've got a bit of an obsession with the BF109 series :D

From the depths of Hell in silence
Cast their spells, explosive violence
Russian night time flight perfected
Flawless vision, undetected

shot 2014.10.31 20.36.27.jpg

shot 2014.10.31 20.34.58.jpg

I got the Polikarpov U-2 (a.k.a. Po-2) - the legendary broom of the Night Witches. Gave it a try in RB - it's kinda fun to lurk between the trees at 120 km/h (but it's so damn long before you reach the target). I was trolling a guy on Bf.109 - he tried to shoot me when I was cutting grass with my wings, spent so much time and ammo. But he didn't - I crashed into a tree :lol:

Which is the fastest version of the ki10? It is clearly the fastest plane for the PO2 race but which version has the slight edge over the others?
I think there's no much difference, I had a third place on the Ki-10-II, first on the 10-I-K, and another win on the 10-II. Take any Ki-10, install all the speed upgrades (fuselage, engine, etc) and fly smoothly.

Last edited:
Oh my, just realised that there's a 50% discount going on, currently :D I might actually get my F8F-1B for cheap if that lasts until Sunday. Won't make it in time for the K-4, though, but that's okay, I guess.

Also, just came back from a 10 kill game in AB. It's strange, but it really doesn't feel very special anymore. Getting a double kill in RB and surviving the match to boot feels like a much, much bigger achievement :lol: Still a great way to unlock upgrades, though.

Well, 90 day premium is 2500 golden eagles now if memory serves.. And 2500 golden eagles doesn't cost that much, does it now..? Also, mine's Leonidae.. Surprise!? :lol:

Also.. one of the better matches today in BR ;)

shot 2014.10.31 22.53.42.jpg

Last edited:
I just realized after all this time playing that I never used any of the crew points I had stored up. :dunce: Now that I've used those points, I should be better. :lol:

I've just started working on the F4U-1C.. Seeing that despite of being heavier plane, according to Gaijin it turns better than Mustang. And seeing that it has those lovely 4x20mm cannons it is damn right murderous for tier III plane.

I've just started working on the F4U-1C.. Seeing that despite of being heavier plane, according to Gaijin it turns better than Mustang. And seeing that it has those lovely 4x20mm cannons it is damn right murderous for tier III plane.
Weight isn't the only thing that determines agility. The one thing the Mustang was famous for was it's wings. Very low drag so it had great speed and range but the amount of lift they produced suffered.

F7F-1 has become my favourite fast bomber.. Works well against light cruisers etc and doesn't take as long as the B25 or B17/24

Anyone else attempt that special challenge they got going on? If so what plane did you get?

I got the HE. 51B-2/H

It's completely random. And it's nearly impossible to get 5 kills in any battle mode, it's vicious right now. :mad: :irked:

all that effort and I got a LaGG-3..

Peekaboo_3ef209_845541.jpg

Last edited:
And they say it's easy. :lol:

I'm lucky if I get one tank kill in a battle, and in the planes, I'm always targeting the ground units since that's the key to winning that mode.

Back