War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Yeah.. While it might be such a 1-2 boxer killer like F4U-1C, it makes it up with agility.. then it's all about landing those 37mm shots. :sly: :mischievous:

Launched GT5 recently and found some familiar planes in the Red Bull Hangar:

GBcUX4afWD0.jpg

Pc_R0PYdueQ.jpg

7nL3KpS6bKo.jpg

I want to get them out of this hangar, by having their WT skins for the Lightning, Mitchell and Corsair. :drool:

Spain [Operation] for Tier 1/2 German/Russian planes is awful. I hate getting put into that battle because it means flying forever with no action and most likely getting shot down as soon as I encounter anything.

Edit: Oh boy.. I really suck at hitting other planes, even with firing in bursts.

Last edited:
Ok so I am doing the racing event and want to know which is best for it. I have pretty much decided on either the LA5FN or the Yak 3. Which is better?

There's a racing event going right now? Maybe I should check out those events more often...

Decided to try out a simulator battle. Ended up with around 100 points in both just by dodging AA fire. :lol: I think I'll go back to realistic though.

Had a Hurricane chasing me just now while I was around 10000ft. Decided to try to get him off my tail by diving to about 3000ft.

He didn't make it, and probably couldn't keep up with the 400-450mph I was going at in that dive as it was.

Launched GT5 recently and found some familiar planes in the Red Bull Hangar:

GBcUX4afWD0.jpg

Pc_R0PYdueQ.jpg

7nL3KpS6bKo.jpg

I want to get them out of this hangar, by having their WT skins for the Lightning, Mitchell and Corsair. :drool:
There are Red Bull skins for many planes, the F4U among them... :) Check out War Thunder Live and search #redbull

*gasp* I actually got an airkill in F8F-1B! .. and then got shod down by an IL-10 out of all things. American planes.. best.. HA! *smh* That battle lasted less than a minute for me.

*gasp* I actually got an airkill in F8F-1B! .. and then got shod down by an IL-10 out of all things. American planes.. best.. HA! *smh* That battle lasted less than a minute for me.
What mode was this? The F8F 1B is amazing.

RB. F8F is the "best" tier 4 turnfighter US tree has, not counting the premium spit.. I'm just getting rid of my tier IV american planes and replace them with tiers II and III because I get better fights with those..

IL-10 1946 has 4x 23mm cannons + 1x 20mm gunner. Is your F8F stock, because the F8F suffers badly from stock syndrome...

Well done! That thing clubs early jets better than the D-13! :D

Well, I've reverted my US lineup to mostly tier III planes because tier IV sucks.. And I get better matches thanks to that. I've also started to piss off the opposition in a funny way.. Well, funny to me. after successful bombing run, I turn to home base, and if theres fighters after me, I let them get just outside firing range.. and hit the silk. No kill points for them. :sly:

Some say, that B17's are flimsy for flying fortresses, and fall apart as soon as Ki-43 Hayabusa looks at it. Not really.. This one survived an attack from 4x30mm carried by J7W1.. and landed successfully in the base and repaired. GO ME! Oh, did I mention that I also took out a carrier while fighting to keep the damaged plane in air? :D

shot 2014.11.16 22.06.01.jpg
shot 2014.11.16 22.06.08.jpg
shot 2014.11.16 22.06.17.jpg
shot 2014.11.16 22.06.24.jpg
shot 2014.11.16 22.14.07.jpg

Some say, that B17's are flimsy for flying fortresses, and fall apart as soon as Ki-43 Hayabusa looks at it. Not really.. This one survived an attack from 4x30mm carried by J7W1.. and landed successfully in the base and repaired. GO ME! Oh, did I mention that I also took out a carrier while fighting to keep the damaged plane in air? :D

View attachment 257405 View attachment 257406 View attachment 257407 View attachment 257408 View attachment 257409
The term "flying fortress" was coined by a reporter based on it's looks, not its combat history (shot down by the hundreds). But nice work surviving the 4x 30mm's! :D They spark quite a bit but are the reason B-57's aren't that common these days...

Anyone here play this with a flight stick? Wondering it it's actually worth getting one. There are some that are apparently compatible with the PS4, so that got me interested.

Anyone here play this with a flight stick? Wondering it it's actually worth getting one. There are some that are apparently compatible with the PS4, so that got me interested.
Try asking around on the official forums, plenty of dedicated PS4 and Sim players to help you out! :)

Personally I've had no experience with flight sticks in War Thunder, but do make sure it is compatible before buying...

Found a whole thread about flight sticks for PS4. :D

With my setup for the PS4, I don't have room for KB/M, so a stick would be more viable for me. Looks like the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X is fairly reasonably priced at ~$45 and mostly works on PS4. Might look into that at some point. Also the separate throttle stick

Until then I probably should mess with sensitivity settings to see if I can get the flight movements more to my liking.

I've fallen in love with the big old "Jug", P-47D-28. 11 weapon presets, and can take down 2 destroyers when fully loaded, and then finish off landing crafts if left to work in peace :D

Back