War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Today was a good day. :D :sly:

shot 2014.12.19 20.41.33.jpg

I just got lucky. Usually I go for ground targets with my Tier IV planes, but since the opportunity presented itself.. And remarkable is that neither of the planes I killed managed to land a hit on me. :eek:

Was a pretty good round considering I was using the M13. I'm glad the tow hook is in the game as well. Start of this round I hit a bomb crater straight on and got knocked up onto my side.

B5VQAq_IYAAUqRv.jpg:large

Ugh.. No more tanks for me until those OP Shermans etc are nerfed..
I completely agree with this statement. Remember last night?

U.S Tier 1 = A New Hope (not)
German Tier 2 = The Shermans Strike Back
Russian Tier 3 = Return of the Tigers

Played again today in my Russians, suffered 3 consecutive defeats. I stopped playing after that. I'll go back when Tier 2 U.S tanks are added for everyone.

One is probably going to be the Sherman, unless they need more time to optimize it's battle performance.

But, this is Gaijin, so it's probably going to go in as the most OP tank ever considering how it was in real life.

I do a lot better in my F8F 1B than in any Rustang..

Edit: Now researching Tiger :D

Last edited:
Don't have a screenshot of it because I quit out after I finally got destroyed to join friends in PvZ, but I had nearly 8000 score, no kills and no assists. Had a ton of hits, got hit a ton. Got double teamed and flipped onto my side and it still took them a while to kill me. Nearly ran out of ammo as well.

The M3 Lee might be a tad bit OP in terms of armor.

Found a guide that's suppose to help make the DS4 better with controlling vehicles. I've definitely noticed more control of the plane now, but I'm gonna have to relearn how to handle them. Have ended up in a spin quite often in test flights, but on the other hand, I'm able to pull off maneuvers that I wasn't able to before changing my settings.

Hm, still not feeling much of a desire to play with the tanks :indiff:

But I started researching the F2H-2, supposedly the most seal-clubbing, undertiered aircraft in the game :lol:

Any tips for a newbie starting out in this game? I downloaded it a while ago, but have been busy with work and a couple of other games (DA: Inquisition).

Any tips for a newbie starting out in this game? I downloaded it a while ago, but have been busy with work and a couple of other games (DA: Inquisition).
Some quick tips:
1) At the start of a match, hang back and try to get some altitude.
2) A lot of players will dive and engage the first target they can lock on; don't do that. Instead, let others engage and pick of easier Targets.
3) Alway mind your engergy state (a combination of the altitude and speed you have). The more energy have, the longer you're able to maneuver. Running out of energy first in a dog fight with another plane will likely get you killed.
4) If you've dropped down to the floor, try to regain altitude (and thereby energy) first before engaging another target.
5) Don't do head-on attacks with other planes. If someone wants to force you into a head-on, try to barrel roll out of the way (rolling the plane and pulling back on the Elevators).
6) Speaking of elevators, make sure to map buttons for maximum and minimum values for them. Being able to manually pull up as hard as possible will give you an edge over Players who can't do so.
7) Know your planes strengths and fly accordingly; a Spitfire, for example, climbs well and is great at turnfighting, but it's slow and loses energy quickly. As such, you want to force opponents into a dog fight from superior altitude and kill them fast, then disengage (which is caled turnfighting or turn and burn). A Bf 109 doesn't turn well, but it has great energy retention, speed and armament, so diving on your opponents, putting a few bullets into them and pulling up again ist a good way to fight (which is called boom and zoom, BNZ for short).
8) When upgrading a plane, it's usually best to go for perofrmance enhancing upgrades first. They help a lot with making your plane more maneuverable and help with your energy management.
9) If you're playing arcade, keep in mind that all planes in your line-up will influence your matchmaking; it might therefore sometimes be counterproductive to add a new plane to your line-up as it might make you face opponents that your other planes are inferior to.
10) Don't get disheartened if you have a tough time competing at first. A lot of planes are a bit rubbish without upgrades, so it naturally gets better over time.

/edit:
I think there are quite a few American players on here, so getting in a squad with them might be a good idea 👍

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back