Watch Dogs

Hmm. Maybe its because so much time passed but compared to The Division or even GTA5 that doesnt look too spectacular regarding graphics, does it?

Not shunning the game as a whole tho, gameplay looks like it could be quite fun and unique.

Hmm. Maybe its because so much time passed but compared to The Division or even GTA5 that doesnt look too spectacular regarding graphics, does it?

Not shunning the game as a whole tho, gameplay looks like it could be quite fun and unique.

Well The Division is by Ubisoft too so it might end up the same way, but keep in mind it's not coming out on the old gen like Watch Dogs is so maybe it will hold up to the hype trailer.

Still looking forward to getting this game on PC and hopefully GTA V

Last edited:
Yeah I have to say the graphics aren't that impressive as I thought, gameplay looks fun though.

Good point @ chromatic, hadnt thought about Watch_Dogs releasing on old gen as well. That might very well be the reason for it to look just good while The Division and Order 1886 look bloody great.

A lot of open-world games have the GTA world mechanics. Where WATCH DOGS differs is that the hacking gives you control over the game world, which you can use to your advantage.

If you're wanted in GTA V, you can either run or hide. But in WATCH DOGS, you can use the hacking ability to manipulate the world - you can change traffic lights to block pursuers, open and close streets, and so on and so forth.

Another preview to add to the pile.

I'm actually tempted to pre-order the Dedsec Edition. But then I'd have to ignore my poor past experiences with game pre-orders. I haven't even settled on what platform I'll get it for, or if I'll bother going current-gen this soon.

Last edited:
Like a poor mans GTA trailer.

Still looking forward to the game though.

Agreed, also lighting aside, doesn't look visually that good, but having the engine making every person in the game unique is very impressive.

Planning on getting the PS4 when this releases, this and Infamous are enough temptation for me to take the dive.

This looks far far more interesting than GTA. GTAV is cool yes but it's still GTA. Watch Dogs looks completely new and unique and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

On Ubiblog

The game also looks great on both generations of consoles. On new-gen systems the game will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on Xbox One, at 30 frames-per-second on both consoles. While some new-gen games now offer native 1080p, Morin says it’s much more important to deliver an amazing next-gen experience than it is to push a few more pixels onto a screen. “Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number. All those numbers are valid aspects of making games,” he says. “But you make choices about the experience you want to deliver. In our case, dynamism is everything. Exploration and expression are everything. You want to have a steady framerate, but you want to have dynamism at the core of the experience. The same goes with resolution. People tend to look at corridor shooters, for example, where there’s a corridor and all the effects are on and it’s unbelievable, and they forget that if you apply those same global effects to an open city with people around and potential car crashes and guys in multiplayer showing up without warning, the same effect is applied to a lot of dynamic elements that are happening in every frame. So it becomes magnified in cost.”

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-next-gen-game-resolution-dynamism/

A little embarrassing for Sony to big up 1080p and 60fps although 60fps I would never think that was on the cards and must be a poor mistake somewhere.

Last edited:
Ubisoft are warning about fake reviews. The embargo lifts on 27 May, but there have been reports of false reviews being posted, most of them extremely negative.

I read they were early retail releases, but it was still technically in beta until the day one patch. Sounds like a potential excrement storm.

Having an embargo lift on the day of release is a worrying sign too, for a game that was delayed several months.

Yeah that's not looking good at all. To not want any reviews before release and saying any that are made are fakes is pretty telling.

The campaign looks like it will be a great time. The mp does not look very fun at all to me.

Last edited:
Back