Not open for further replies.

HP

Team Manager, Green Hell Heathens
Premium
Australia
Adelaide
Heathenpride
Greetings all 👍

I am on a mission to break the 6 minute barrier on the 24 hour layout of the Nurburgring in the Ferrari F2007 and to make it interesting I would like to invite the wider GTP community to join me in the attempt.

At this stage I am not even certain that it can be done but I intend on trying and if it is not possible then so be it, I still intend on having a blast and I would love it if I had some of you along to enjoy the trip :)

To that end I am inviting you to join me on the track once a week for a race on the 24hr layout of the Nurb. The time of the races will be set to 8am on Sundays in Adelaide, South Australia - your time conversion can be found here. Bear in mind that it will be the same time every week so ignore the bit that says it's only this Sunday.

This will be a casual racing series so you are not required to attend every week but it will be restricted to 12 drivers per race each week; I will post here early each week to ask for entrants that week and the first eleven get a spot on the grid with me, you can race every week or once every few weeks there are no restrictions, I will be happy to have any of you on track so feel free to come along for the ride!

Casual racing is honestly some of the most fun you can have. Free from the constraints and pressures of a lot of the non casual events you will find you are free to have fun and "let loose" without fear of catastrophic consequences, it is pressure without pressure and allows you to really aim high without fear of crushing defeat because if you do lose the race it won't have you despairing at your loss, at least not much!

Having said that this is not for the rage quitter... Those with anger management issues are best going elsewhere because, whilst it is fun, it will be a huge challenge so you grumpy folks need not apply!

I invite everyone from the very fastest to the most casual, the learned to the new - think of this as a great way to learn from others or to impart some valuable knowledge on these most challenging vehicles.

It will also be a great way to meet some of those GTP'ers that you may not normally encounter :)

The winner of each race, or 2nd place if I win, gets their choice of any of my 24 tickets and 5 paints of my choice.

Cars allowed:
Currently it is possible to race Ferrari F1's with the FGT so until that is rectified I will allow the FGT, F2007 and F2010 formula cars.

Aids:
SRF off - All other aids will be off preferably but it is open to discussion, I will racing with only ABS1 though.

Track: Nurb 24hr - No weather change yet but it will come.

Damage: Light for starters, heavy damage will be introduced if enough regular entrants agree.

Penalties: TBA - I am thinking light, thoughts? Personally I am fine with heavy so it is up to a general consensus.

Qualifying: One out lap and one hot lap then park off track at a designated area.

Race Length: Roughly 2 hours, approx 18 laps.

Location: Public online lobby. I will post the room number here an hour before race start and you are free to enter from there. Any non entrant will be asked to leave the room and ejected if they do not comply,

That's roughly it for now. Please feel free to post here with any questions or ideas or your confirmation of attendance.

Thanks everyone :)

HP

Leaderboard and next race info:

Fastest lap thus far: 6:22.449 - chatty
During Qualifying for race 1 on 1/4/2012

Next race: Sunday 1st April at 8am ACST, refer converter in OP

Last edited:
Entrants for race 1:

1: Heathenpride
2: BNGTracer
3: SagaSpeedLab
4: quavers - Pending confirmation
5: chatty

Entries will be accepted right up to race start. Anyone who misses Quali starts at back of grid.

Remember there's your pick of one of my 24 tickets for the winner or 2nd place if I manage a victory!

Last edited:
BNGTracer
I'm in HP, should be pretty alert Sunday morning.

Brilliant!

The proverbial ball is rolling now folks so get involved! Great chance to learn F1 driving or the Nurb or just a great opportunity to have some fun on a Sunday morning/Sat night 👍

First run is this Sunday 8am Central Aus Time :)

That's Saturday 5:30 pm for me, that's what time I get home, I will try to make it this week. I've been looking for some formula racing. I only have the FGT but I'll get enough cr soon to buy the Ferrari sometime soon hopefully.

SaGaSpeedLab
That's Saturday 5:30 pm for me, that's what time I get home, I will try to make it this week. I've been looking for some formula racing. I only have the FGT but I'll get enough cr soon to buy the Ferrari sometime soon hopefully.

Hey mate, good stuff thanks for posting 👍

If you need us to hold off for half an hour then that's no problem :)

Heathenpride
Hey mate, good stuff thanks for posting 👍

If you need us to hold off for half an hour then that's no problem :)

That's would be gladly appreciated! I replied to your message! Thanks for the hospitality!

Deleted.

Last edited:
No worries bro, we will delay Qualifying for you and will kick off at 8:30am here.

Best double check your times though as our clocks go forward at 2am Sun morning making it immediately 3am - We have found that in CRAP the events timing has gone a bit haywire, today it is a hot topic, as other global zones change as well so we will keep a close eye on it and I will wake early to send PM's at about am so roughly 2 hours prior :)

Edit: Updated entrant list

hey man id love to race to race with you guys my psn is chattimusmaximus, if you just let me know when and where and what car iam there man and i can run a 5 flat on nordschleife but on the 24 hr i have no idea what is fast we can find out though. thats for sure

chatty
hey man id love to race to race with you guys my psn is chattimusmaximus, if you just let me know when and where and what car iam there man and i can run a 5 flat on nordschleife but on the 24 hr i have no idea what is fast we can find out though. thats for sure

Good stuff mate thanks :)

I'll be in touch via PSN and will put the room number up here a couple hours before hand too 👍

Still on to race guys but there may be a half hour delay, if required we can skip quali 1 Stay tuned for more info :)

Room is up: room number 1472-6118-3701-4252-6805 👍

Well, it was an excellent start despite only having 6 starters.

Six turned in to 5 when some dude called Vinnie, who arrived last minute, bailed after a lap but the rest soldiered on!

Standings:

1st: Chatty - in an F2007 01:05:xx.xxx - Best lap a 6:17.xxx

2nd: Heathenpride in an F2007 - +3min - Best lap 6:31 (last lap I had to go "peepee" and lost a minute+.

3rd: Knukken - in an F2007 + Lots - best lap a 6:56 i think- Used a DS3 and did very well, shaved 46 seconds off his PB

4th: LV in an F10 (rest of name escapes me at moment) - + lots - Had big issues with stability, is a far better driver than these results indicate.

5th: Hooliohall - + Lots in an F10 - His first time in the F10 and he did very well considering.

I want to say a huge thanks to those who stuck it out, it's not a walk in the park and I appreciate your time :)

The question is this: Is it possible to do sub 6 minutes? I asked Chatty and he said that "you'd have to be 🤬 flying" and I agree, but it might be possible.

With that in mind it is clear that we need the fasted F1 drivers, the guys that are in the top echelon of talent.

Is that you? Are you the type of driver, in an F1, that smashes the opposition every time? Do people tell you that you're "untouchable" in an F1?

If so then I need you in on this because it's no normal challenge; that much is clear. This was about me breaking 6 minutes, which I will try to do even if it takes a year, but it is obvious now that it requires the highest level driver so I invite you all, nay I challenge you all, to come and try to break this most ridiculous of records.

So there it is, a challenge to all GTPers, dare you take me up on it?

Cheers guys 👍

Last edited:
I am again in this weekend its tommorow afternoon my time if i remember correctly. How early will you have the room up? Iam gonna do some testing today I havent driven that course but once since we went around it last sunday. Anyone is welcome to join me!!! The more the merrier and this is a great group of guys..

Iam doing some testing now I have a room up and that 6.17 is fast man. Cause Iam pushing it and only getting 6.18 on 2nd lap. And iam doing flat fives on nordschleife.

Hey mate

Yes it will be your afternoon I think, Quali will start in 24 hours from now :)

I'll try have the room up an hour early & will post it here.

I just ran a 6.12.4 on this course man on the 2nd lap of the race. So were getting there man I know we can get below 6.10 we just gotta keep pushing!!!

Where are you at man. Well i got a room going with my friends man were starting now ill update on here how it turns out..

chatty
Where are you at man. Well i got a room going with my friends man were starting now ill update on here how it turns out..

Coming mate, it's 7:18 here so we start in 42 min!

hahaha MY BAD MAN THIS TIME DIFFERNCE STUFF REALLY MESSSES WITH ME SOME TIMES I SHOULDA KNOWN YOU WOULDNT BE LATE FOR YOUR OWN PARTY...

We're on again for tomorrow!

In exactly 24hrs we will kick off :)

I'm on breakfast duties for my nephew & niece so we can't start late so make sure you're all on time :)

I'm possibly going to have to miss tomorrow morning, I'll know in morning but it's not looking good, if I'm not on by the scheduled start then feel free to start without me if there's enough drivers.

Is this still going on? It just so happens that Nurb 24 is the final race for my F1 series, so this may be interesting.

MajikTom
Is this still going on? It just so happens that Nurb 24 is the final race for my F1 series, so this may be interesting.

Still on dude but I wasn't available this week.

This Sunday morning at 8am Aus Central Standard Time is kickoff. Room number will be posted here an hour before :)

Huge apologies to all for my tardiness on this. I have simply been swamped with life in general and the CRAP group plus a 2 week Dead Island bender.

I will be shelving this for now due to lack of free time but I would love to get back on it again.

Huge props and thanks to Chatty for his efforts and his blistering time of 6:17.xxx which was crazy, you can drive dude no doubt!

Thanks again to all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back