Weird advertisement forcing me to another page.

• Thread starter ImaRobot
  • 93 comments
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Lma_robot
lImaRobotl
I am being redirected to (I removed the link, just incase its malicious)Dotomi every time their ad seems to be loaded at the top of the page. I noticed it that it was the problem, because when any other ad is up, the pages load fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
Go premium and you don't have to worry about ads at all.

I myself had never seen any ads that automatically redirected me to another page on any site.

Like @Ken Koios just said, throw $15 at @Jordan and you won't have that problem for a whole year.

It's not the exact solution. Even if you are premium, the problem still exists. Being premium just lets you ignore the problem. A solution for one as an individual, but not for the group as a whole. But, you shouldn't have to worry about it soon. Hope that is more helpful.

I'm startin to wonder if its adware. I am on a work computer so I'm not sure what protection it has.

It only happens on this forum which is weird

I logged out and couldn't duplicate the problem.

EDIT: You shouldn't have issues if you log out and log back in.

That should never happen with any ad shown here. Unless others can report this, it is most likely due to malware.

That should never happen with any ad shown here. Unless others can report this, it is most likely due to malware.
That is what I figured. I'm not sure who uses the computer so its the only reasonable answer.

Either way, it has been fixed with the help of @Ken Koios

I can.

I am on the iPhone site (4) and I keep getting redirected to my App Store every 10 or so times I come on. Normally if I go to the main news page. This time it redirected me to bloom.fm app in the store.

I can.

I am on the iPhone site (4) and I keep getting redirected to my App Store every 10 or so times I come on. Normally if I go to the main news page. This time it redirected me to bloom.fm app in the store.

Same here, it's extremely annoying and it's starting to put me off from visiting the site on my iPhone. Sometimes it happens on every page visit here. In the last 5 minutes it happened 5 (!) times...

As much as administrators hate it and I understand why, that's the exact reason why I use AdBlockPlus.
Way too often ads automatically redirect to malicious sites.
Isn't there a similar solution for iOS? At least until the issue is fixed.

As much as administrators hate it and I understand why, that's the exact reason why I use AdBlockPlus.
I've tried looking for browsers with ad blocks on the App Store but never found any. I use ad block on my laptop but up until about 1-2 months back I was premium anyway here.

I can.

Thanks for letting me know about this, I have blocked that advertiser and notified the ad network about what they are doing. Please let me know if it happens again.

You could also use or recommend a Premium subscription. Ad-blocking software directly undermines my livelihood.

Thanks for letting me know about this, I have blocked that advertiser and notified the ad network about what they are doing. Please let me know if it happens again.

You could also use or recommend a Premium subscription. Ad-blocking software directly undermines my livelihood.
Nice work!

I'm planning on going premium again in a month or so but in the mean time if it redirects me to the App Store I'll make a note of the app.

I know, but the Premium sub was already recommended above and some people don't want to, or can't pay for internet forums (like myself). I thought an ad-blocker would be a better alternative than people stopping visiting GTP at all.
I'm planning on purchasing a lifetime membership once it feels feasible from a financial standpoint for me, not because of the ads, but because of the pretty cool Premium subforum (I got a 1 year Premium gifted before, so I experienced it once). But as long as I can't do this, I won't risk the security of my system through malicious ads.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw there's no lifetime membership option.
I thought there was one... looks like I confused it with another website.

Last edited:
I know, but the Premium sub was already recommended above and some people don't want to, or can't pay for internet forums (like myself). I thought an ad-blocker would be a better alternative than people stopping visiting GTP at all.
I'm planning on purchasing a lifetime membership once it feels feasible from a financial standpoint for me, not because of the ads, but because of the pretty cool Premium subforum (I got a 1 year Premium gifted before, so I experienced it once). But as long as I can't do this, I won't risk the security of my system through malicious ads.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw there's no lifetime membership option.
I thought there was one... looks like I confused it with another website.
There used to be? Was $25 if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure there is. Mine is from what I understand, and I didn't buy it.

thought an ad-blocker would be a better alternative than people stopping visiting GTP at all.

No, it really isn't. Using this site while directly halting any monetary gain from your traffic is directly taking money out of pocket, the bandwidth used isn't free, nor are the servers that run this site.

The slight inconvenience of ads surely can't be that much of an issue that you're willing to put the sites you enjoy out of pocket?

Back