Weird BUG after pit stops in ONLINE MODE!!!

• Thread starter Osr20_L
  • 217 comments
OL_APEX
Recently me and some friends encountered a bug during online racing on which our car's performance and rear tire wear was substantially affected after entering pits to change tires. This has hapened to me during practice, Qualifying rounds and race.

We ran an LMP Group C endurance race on La Sarte, using RS tires, i was runing with the MAZDA 787B and using a G25 wheel.
On my first stint i was running 3:03.*** constant and hiting a top speed of 375kmh on the mulsane.
After the 1st pit stop on lap 9 (on wich the tires were in good shape and same wear F/R, just neded fuel) I've noticed the car started handiling strange, very unstable during braking, lots of understeer, constant rear tire squeal even on straights, top speed down by 5kmh, and the rear tires only lasted 3-4 laps after becoming undriveable but with the front tire stil on 90%. My times droped to 3:07's on the 2nd stint, then to 3:09's on the 3rd stint with increasingly bad handling.

Afther that frustrating race, i went to another room (wardez room) on which they were in practice mode with the SHV GT500 car on zusuka. I did a few laps hiting a good time, then i decided to change tires, afther that the car was feeling really bad to drive (lots of underteer) and was doing 2.5 sec slower than my previous times, afther that i exited the track and re-entered and the bug was gone! was able to hit same times as before and the cars handlig was normal.

Finally did some testing alone to confirm this issue, on which the test results where positive :nervous:

So, am i alone on this? am i missing someting?
Is this "bug" or performance issue after pit stops is on purpose?
What is it caused by?
Does this bug affecting everyone?

Resume

Cause:
-this bug only affecting in online mode, afther a pit stop (tire change)

Consecuense:
-
Bad car handling (understeer, rear tires loosing traction, unstable under braking)
-Increased rear tire squeal.
-Decreased top speed.
-Rear tire wear increased by 150% (only rear)

PS: This bug is more noticeable with faster cars and using racing soft tires.

Last edited:
There is a thread on here somewhere. Too lazy to look for it myself. Prepare yourself for all the people that will tell you to learn how to drive better.

This isn't limited to just online, it's also present in the S class in career mode as well. 2nd set of tyres tend to last not even two thirds that of the first set.

There is a thread on here somewhere. Too lazy to look for it myself. Prepare yourself for all the people that will tell you to learn how to drive better.

I serched for it, but didn't find any treads on this.

This isn't limited to just online, it's also present in the S class in career mode as well. 2nd set of tyres tend to last not even two thirds that of the first set.

Ummmm, haven't got the oportunity to change tires offline yet. And as i sed, is only REAR tires that are affected, the front one's were completely fine, and this also affect the top speed.

Last edited:

I did the first 4 races (2 tonight) and had no problem with tyre wear after pit stops. Even though at the 24 minutes of Nürburgring I decided to go full nut and used for the whole race Racing Hards on my SLS AMG GT3. The 2nd set of RH´s during 2 full laps (one lap with rain at night and the last one with dry surface, quite fun to drive like that I must say)

Then in the other races I had no problem, some cars degrade the tyres faster than others. At least offline I had no problem.

If you see that tyres are doing well and think that you don´t need to change, that is a mistake because once they start to degrade, at higher temps the degradation is greater. (not sure if in the game you can actually keep the current tyres if you want, in GT5 you could...I need to check that up tomorrow)

If you see that tyres are doing well and think that you don´t need to change, that is a mistake because once they start to degrade, at higher temps the degradation is greater. (not sure if in the game you can actually keep the current tyres if you want, in GT5 you could...I need to check that up tomorrow)

If you want to try the glitch for yourself to see if it's hapening to you.
Go and make a online loby, use a LMP car, preferably the old ones, or some that has wider rear tires, i was using the mazda 787B.
Remember to set the grip reducction to "Real", aven't tried otherwise.
Go ahead enter the track, do several laps and see the tire wear.
Then without exiting the track, enter the pits, change tires and refuel.
Do the same number of laps as before and then compare the current tire wear with you're first stint.

There's definitely a long thread on this somewhere... but I can't see it either.

In short it seems there are some problems with the tyres. The GT5 "soft tyres better than wet in offline mode" thing is back, there are growing suspicions that some cars may have their "reversed camber" problems again, and in online mode the tyre compounds seem to become screwed up after a pit stop.

This being GT there are plenty of strange niggles but, unlike with any other game company I've seen PD come good on bugs like this... I'm sure they'll fix it fairly soon.

I can also confirm that there is a problem after changing tyres. We had a long race today and there was afew people noticed how bad the cars was handling after pitstop. Audi R8 LMS handling was improved after pitsop. Very weird.

Here is the other thread - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-tyre-bug-on-mr-fr-cars.293953/

Tha't tread is a mess, it begins with bad MR cars handling an then ends with the tire change glitch. That's why i over looked it! :rolleyes:

Tha't tread is a mess, it begins with bad MR cars handling an then ends with the tire change glitch. That's why i over looked it! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately some idiots didn't bother to read the original post (or misinterpreted it), and some of the message was lost in the following posts.

But the thread is about the tyre change bug after pit stops whilst on-line.

Seems confirmed if 2 people are reporting exactly the same issue independently.

Same here. Just noticed it in S-Class single player races. The rear tyres wear absurdly fast after a pit stop.

It seems that even the bots are affected. Not only my lap time goes down after a pit stop, the bots are also significantly slower. This might have different reasons, though (simulated "exhaustion" of the bots for example).

Could it have anything to do with the custom wheel glitch? The game might recognize the new tyres as custom...

Likely that accelerated clock that influences everything based on scale of time is miss calculating/falling out of sync?

This doesn't explain if there is a difference with front and rear...

On the bright side, perhaps pd knew and that's why we don't have scalable endurance races in single player... User controlled, like time and weather. I almost feel pd is forcing us online more that pushing micro transactions...

Should be an easy fix if its just math.

If PD properly modeled track conditions over the course of a race and put a rubber in affect, then I don't see how tires would wear faster then on that of a green track.

Yeah, I noticed that. the car got real skittish after I pitted. I was spinning the tires all the way into fifth gear, and that's with traction control.

The thing was, I only needed fuel, not tires, but there's no way to tell the game to NOT replace your tires. They need a gas-and-go option for pit stops.

If that effect "bug" after piting is made on purpose by PD, is completly absurde, cause no matter hoy well and clean you were driving, the moment you enter the pits you're screwed for the rest of the race.

NOTE. I replaced the word "glitch" with "bug" on the head post.

Last edited:
Also had same experience re rapid degradation after pitting in S races using racing softs or mediums. Overcame by using racing hards, job done!

Could it have anything to do with the custom wheel glitch? The game might recognize the new tyres as custom...

I've done the willow Springs "endurance" in an nsx Type R WITH Custom Wheels back then did not know about any glitches)... Everything was Fine ... Now here comes the strange part: in all the other races (where i had to pit) WITHOUT custom wheels, no matter racecar or not, sportstires, sliks, inters or wets... After piting ... As soon as i touched the throttle: constant tire squeal on the powered wheels. But without any actual effect on the car's behavior except for increased tirewear on said wheels... I've done That willow Springs Race pre v 1.02... The others after that patch. First Time that I thought: "good they did not include the real enduros yet" Hope to See that issue patched soon... And then bring back real enduros

I thought my tires were messed up in the S-Class races. Since its happening online too, I can't do a true endurance race. 24 minutes is too short!

I was casually lapping 1:59 around the Silverstone 10-lap Challenge in the S Class races with my Mazda Furai. With great care taken into throttle control, the car glided so easily around the track for nine laps with Racing Hard tires. I had to make a pit stop as my fuel was nearly emptied; my tires were far from worn out, though, with their wear meter stating an 8/10 for all four tires.

After the next set of tires was fitted and my car was refueled, my car seemed to behave a little more touchy than usual. I had to reduce my throttle even more and brake more often than usual. It felt like my second set of Racing Hard tires has even less grip than before. I had no idea what was going on; nothing could have gone wrong so I began to suspect a glitch.

I can confirm that there is indeed a bug concerning the player's sets of tires his car receives after pitting. It's not so bad for some cars, but it kills others and makes driving a select few an absolute nightmare.

This is something that PD needs to address asap does it have the same effect on cars with the same size and width front and rear ??
Well, for what i have tested, cars with wider rear tires are afected more than those with equal F/R tire width. But the ones that are mostly affected by this bug are the LMP's specially the old ones (minolta, sauber, etc..) The rear tire degradation on this cars after piting is insane!!

Just tried to do the S-class 20 minutes at apricot hill a few times using an R8 LMS Ultra:
-start on RH tyres and pit after lap 8 with about 7/6 on front and 5/4 on rear tyres while averaging low 1:20s.
-after pit stop for new RH tyres they don't feel much better than the old tyres and within 3 laps the wear is already down to 8/7 on fronts and 5/4 on the rears.
-in another race i had changed to RM tyres and within 2 laps my rears were already like 4/3..

I have a hunch that this could be similar to the 'custom wheel' tyre physics model where cars with staggered wheels end up with 4 front wheels after replacing the stock wheels.
In this case my guess is that with race cars (generally can't change their wheels) they start off with the correct tyres but during a pit stop all 4 wheels are effectively replaced with 4 front tyres which may explain the sudden change in car balance.

Although I haven't noticed any change in the tyre model's appearance during the pit stop I think my hypothesis can be tested with a normal road car (preferably a high power FR/MR supercar etc):
-Basically establish a consistent lap time and feeling for the car while on stock wheels.
-Repeat again with custom wheels.
-Change back to stock wheels and enter an endurance race with tyre wear/pit stops etc.
-If after the pit stop the car behaves and produces lap times similar to the test on custom wheels then my hypothesis may be assumed plausible/cannot be rejected.

Definitely something going on. I did the Apricot Hill and Suzuka races today, happened both times. The Suzuka one was worse because it started raining. In both races, the car was spinning tires all the way into sixth gear after the pit stop. And in both cases, I didn't even need tires, just fuel.

I also noticed a difference in tire wear. On Apricot Hill especially. In the first half of the race, it was my front tires wearing out faster (from hard braking). In the second half (after the pit stop), it was the rear tires wearing out faster.

At this point, I'm thinking of just ignoring the S-class (and eventual Endurance races) until they get this sorted.

I did some online testing on Suzuka with a GTR GT3 and also experienced this problem. pre-pitstop ran 1:58.5'ish, after pitstop times dropped 2-2.5 seconds. The tyres sound different, the car becomes sluggish (steering feedback feels heavier), becomes understeery and reaches a lower speed down the straight. This might sound stupid but it feels to me as if the car suddenly has loads of rear toe added, the rear "drags" along.

Latest Posts

Back