Well, it's been a year now: Was it worth it?

Did GT6 shape up in to what you were hoping it would be?

• Totes!

Votes: 63 14.4%
  • Almost there...

Votes: 133 30.5%
  • Just another update or two.

Votes: 107 24.5%
  • Nopes.

Votes: 133 30.5%

• Total voters
you can tell the people behind this game, love the game, love cars

when I play Forza 5, i can tell that the people behind it DIDN'T love making it and it was pure work... this is not the case with GT6

What aspects of GT6 tell you that the people that made it love cars?

What aspects of FM5 tell you that the people that made it hate their jobs? Do they hate cars as well, or do they just not like making games?

when i first fired up the disc a year ago at v1.0 i thought... this is b*ll****!

where's all the content??? got ripped son!

but a year later you cant tell me this hasnt been a great ride... all these added cars, tracks, seasonal events

you can buy GT6 for $20 now on the PSN store and thats a bargain is it not?

one thing i love about GT6 is how polished the interface is compared to GT5

the music, the way the menus swipe, it gets you excited about the experience every time, this was not the case with GT5

and the sounds are better now too

you can tell the people behind this game, love the game, love cars

when I play Forza 5, i can tell that the people behind it DIDN'T love making it and it was pure work... this is not the case with GT6

oh yeah, one complaint, B-Spec, where is it?
Okaaaaay... T10 doesn't like making Forza as much as I wouldn't like a date with Zooey Deschanel with all the trimmings attached (yes, including animal noises later on)

They do love what they do, people wouldn't try work for them if they didn't, and their CEO is definitely a car guy, same as Kazunori.

I'd say the argument of execution is valid to a point, because both have things which do and don't give the impression of car nuts but both companies are pretty much car nuts at heart.

As for B-Spec, does anyone actually want it back, like in GT5?

"Oh you have to guide a useless driver through the field with 3 simple orders which don't always work in order to get 100% and several prize cars."

"Oh you have to guide a useless driver through the field with 3 simple orders which don't always work in order to get 100% and several prize cars."

I understand about the 100% thing, but remote B-Spec was a nice way to make some money when I had to do other things. Also, what I really want is to be able to share a car with an AI driver so that endurance races can be done in stints with driver swaps just like IRL.

The GT5 implementation was a complete waste of space. GT4 was OK, being about to use Bob as a backup endurance driver, but that's pretty limited.

But I maintain that the concept of a driver management mode is one that could be made really interesting, just not in the way the Polyphony has gone about it so far.

What if there was some interface where you actually built your driver's personality and responses, like say the gambit system in FFXII, or by teaching him like Drivatars in FM1? That could be fun trying to create a driver that doesn't suck, and it would be less frustrating because it's not purely based on RNG and grinding.
What if there were more options than simply speed up/slow down, options that are more like what a crew chief might yell at his driver from the pit wall? "Take the inside!", "Drop back from his bumper", "Late apex that corner so that you can get a run on him!" What if you designed multiple racing lines for your driver, and could switch between them on the fly?
What if you had several drivers to manage at the same time? Managing one car might not be that hard, and a good way to get people started, but what if you're managing two, or four?

I think there are lots of things that they could do to make it an interesting mode and bring a real taste of what it's like to be involved in motorsports without actually being a driver. But for whatever reason, they don't. It's a shame, because it's potentially a great addition to the series.

I understand about the 100% thing, but remote B-Spec was a nice way to make some money when I had to do other things. Also, what I really want is to be able to share a car with an AI driver so that endurance races can be done in stints with driver swaps just like IRL.
Fair enough at the endurance race idea, not a huge fan about the second but that's just me.

I think there are lots of things that they could do to make it an interesting mode and bring a real taste of what it's like to be involved in motorsports without actually being a driver. But for whatever reason, they don't. It's a shame, because it's potentially a great addition to the series.
This part is sadly true, I do kinda hope that it is fixed if we ever get B-Spec.

I wouldn't tell if Turn 10 doesn't like to make Forza but even if they have less cars many of them would be really appreciated in GT (not only speaking for the FM4 Porsche DLC)

It's been a year No, and honestly as mean as that sounds it never will be.

Over the same time span I've played countless games ranging in price from $10-$60 on PC and PS3 even the Wii, and some PS4(don't own one yet).

Most of those games were better than GT6 by a wide margin it's not even close. After 1 year two major features still missing you don't get a yes that's still a no in my book. Those two were promised as if it was not long after the game came out.

Edit:

Looking at the poll just an update or two and Almost there technically same thing.

I think for some people it's more like maybe another 5-10 updates then it might resemble a game.

Well apparently I have an average of 4.4 hours a day on this game. :P
I was going to post a screen shot of my phones calculator just for some giggles. But. Mobile does not like me.

Nope.

For me, as a next installment in the series, I'd be totally happy w/the new cars and tracks in GT6, but the missing functionality (B-Spec mostly) kills it for me. Now I know most could care less about B-Spec, but I like to race, and hate to grind, B-Spec did that for me. Currently I only have the time to race for 15 to 30 mins here and there during the week, but never have enough cash to build up a good stable of cars, which is what I enjoy doing in GT.

B-Spec will arrive at some point in '15. I'm sure that will keep me satisfied until GT7 is out on PS4, but I wont be in a rush, no way no how.

Back