What Anti-Virus Software do you use?

What Anti-Virus Software Do You Use for Your Computer?

• 360 Safeguard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ad-Aware Pro

• Agnitum

• AhnLab

• avast!

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • AVG

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Avira

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • AVZ

• Bitdefender

• BullGuard

• CA Anti-Virus

• Celframe Antivirus

• Check Point ZoneAlarm

• Cisco Security Agent

• Calm AntiVirus

• CalmWin

• Comodo Internet Sercurity

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • CyberSoft VSTK

• Dr. Web

• Dr. Web Curelt

• DriveSentry

• Element Anti-virus

• Emsisoft Anti-Malware

• eSafe

• eScan Anti-Virus

• ESET NOD32 Anti-virus

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Norman

• TrustPort Antivirus

• Other

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I don't use Anti-virus software

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters
Canada
Waterloo Region
NFSGUY
I've seen, and created, some polls that ask what you use for.... whatever! Well, this is my first thread on the Computers and Technology section.
Currently, I use avast! Anti-Virus, the free version. Why? I just can't pay for it.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Most severs I install at work get Avira Server Suite (whatever it's called.) Most workstations get Microsoft Security Essentials or Avira Premium.

I was running Avast for a while until it started getting bloated. I have recently (six months ago) switched over to ESET NOD32 Anti-virus and haven't looked back. Great performance, low system intrusion, and easy on the ram and processing. Pretty much transparent...it just works.

I use the free version of Avast with the pirate language. Been using it for the past 2 years and it's been a great experience.

Why isn't Security Essentials on there? My laptop came with McAfee on it and it's complete garbage. I installed security essentials after my computer started slowing down at times and it found 4 viruses....

I had McAfee doing a virus scan every week and I rarely do anything too risky on my computer. So Security Essentials it is.

Security Essentials, it's the only one I've found that doesn't completely ruin your computer's performance or isn't completely useless. I use to use AVG Free, but it doesn't do anything except use resources, I guess you do get what you pay for.

What's an anti-virus software?

An Anti-virus software is a program (software, which works with your computer) that help protect you computer from viruses, which may damage your computer. Some also offer that they protect your computer from hackers. Hope you find this helpful!
~ENDURANCEGUY
P.S. If you do not have one, just search it on Google. I prefer avast!, very easy to use.

There are actually loads missing from the poll.

I know. I didn't have much time to do all of the ones mentioned on Wikipedia. At least there is an 'other' option!
~ENDURANCEGUY

Last edited by a moderator:
Norton, McAfee, M$ Security Essentials... where are they on the poll? Arguably three of the biggest, most widely deployed AV programs (note: I did not say best).

Myself, my main antivirus is common sense.

McAfee, works really well and isn't overpriced and useless like Norton :D

PS: I hate Norton

Note: Did I say I hate Norton?

Microsoft Security Essentials. Free, and good enough if you have common sense.

None, I'm the one percent. (Linux).

I should have noted, on my linux boxes, I am running ClamAV. As a service to my customers, it does a pretty good job of catching most virus' before they even get delivered.

For my iPad I use nothing, not sure how it does it, but it supposedly doesn't get virus or malware. But for our laptops we use Webroot Secure Anywhere, and I gotta say it's awesome, we had Mcafee, after paying two hundred dollars to get the malware it couldn't get off, we switched, and never had a problem since, it's been five years.

Im using Norton now and im wondring why its hated?
I have an old laptop with Malwarebytes on it and was wonding if it where possable to transfer it to another computer?

EDIT
It's Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware 1.41 that i have on the old DELL with it massive 320mb of RAM :lol:

Last edited:
Since my PC got wiped for the 2nd or 3rd time, I've used none. Just the Norton Anti-virus 2005 on here & I'm pretty sure it's trail has expired. :lol:

Back