What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Are you enjoying it?

Yes. I am still mostly messing around in the Showcases trying to get a hang of flying a jet and helicopter. I think I have the jet decently down, especially after changing how the mouse worked with flying (it needed to be inverted).

I am starting to get a hang of flying a helicopter. I had to adjust all of the keybindings to match up to Battlefield. I just had too much muscle memory built in. After the change, flying has been better, but I still need more practice. Landing is tricky.

I have also finished a mission or two in the Campaign. Understanding what button does what has made that enjoyable.

@Brett I know exactly what you mean about the helicopters but you'll get it eventually. I remember when it clicked for me, it may have been the result of a lot of hours combined across Arma 2 (many hours of performing completely unrealistic stunts in Hinds, of all things) & 3, Battlefield 3 & 4, GTA IV, DCS World, Take On Helicopters and more but it's pretty fun being able to actually choose where to land and land there, and do it quickly! Combat is still iffy with me though, I sometimes struggle to line up on a target, always struggle to engage a target before it kills me and have a pretty poor hit rate when telling my gunner to use AGMs on things, but I blame the last two on the AI being braindead but extremely good at aiming.

For instance, I once ordered my gunner to open fire in the Hind-like gunship, he kept telling me 'cannot fire' until the sniper shot him dead despite the fact we were a) moving, b) nearly directly overhead and c) pretty high up. The same sniper then shot down my helicopter. Since then I just don't engage snipers or, well, anything with a gun.

I bought Divinity: Original Sin recently and I'm playing the crap out of it. Like, literally.

As of yesterday, I've played a good thirty hours - and I've barely scratched the surface. It's the first proper, classic RPG I've played in years and it's downright amazing. The sheer amount of content is so far beyond anything I've experienced in gaming in recent years - it's dizzying!

Seriously, go pick it up on Steam. If you're remotely into RPGs or if you've got a slight interest in tactical combat and such - buy it. It's rare for me to unconditionally recommend a game, but it's just that good.

PC: DayZ
PS3: GTA V, MGS2 HD (but probably not for much longer because the awful controls keep sending me into a rage).

Enthusia has been taking up most of my gaming the past week or so. I'm currently into my 8th in game year in EL Mode and trying to reach 40 upgraded cars to level ten.

Is a simulator.

As a game game, BF4 or BF3 are better, but ArmA III is far different from any cover based shooter, so there is that.

I prefer it over COD or BF or any other shooter IMHO.

Both CoD and Battlefield have their place. However, Arma is in a different category and from the few hours I have spent playing the game, it is going to be quite awesome. I am considering picking up a TrackIR just for Arma.

A simulator eh? Interesting.

I don't suppose we're ever getting an X1 or PS4 version?

No chance. The modability of the game would be ruined by the closed nature of the X1 and PS4.

PS3:
GTA V
GT6
GRID (occasionally)
PS4:
COD Ghosts (occasionally)because Watchdogs was meh and massively over hyped and NFS Rivals is just boring and no other game is worth playing to me apart from COD which shows the lack of big title games on PS4 and my lack of variety of games. (All I play is GTA and racing games :lol:)

• World Of Tanks- If you complete the training they give you 250 gold. Which is enough for 24 hours of premium. So we had a tanks marathon Friday night into Sunday night. I would guess I made almost 2 million silver in that time. Also somewhere around 50,000 xp. :)
  • Halo 4-Played a few games of BTB and Heavies.
  • Minecraft-Played some more of the Halo DLC.

Last edited:
Figured I will update my current play list

PS3. Skyrim, Grid Autosport and Dynasty Warrior Gundam Reborn

3DS Fire Emblem Awakening. ( bored of Bravely Default will go back to it at somepoint)

Believe it or not, I've actually kind of been playing Gran Turismo 6 a little more. I still turn on the PS3 to keep the 200% bonus going, but I mostly am nowadays playing a bit in the Online Lobbies just to kind of snoop around with fellow GTPlaneteers. I did a couple of races this past Sunday and Monday. I still play GT6 regardless so I can build up material and resources to post for my racing game blog.

I am also playing my old copy of the PC fighting game engine MUGEN. I had initially returned to try my hand at making either characters or stages. All original material, of course. Most of what I'm doing mostly is just setting up AI matches using various stages and characters in my collection.

osu!
Assetto Corsa
Race 07
Persona 4 (on hold)
Richard Burns Rally

Damn, I need to find a good non-racing game.

@Venny_ ^^ Was watching Race 07 vids the other day. Looked very cool. Gosh, you PC gamers sure have it GOOD!

Richard Burns Rally..never experienced that. But I hear it is an absolute classic and a must have.

Back