What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Destiny Beta I have been hooked on this since it came out. Reminds me so much of Mass Effect 3 and Borderlands 2. Also has some similarities to the Halo series.

Sleeping Dogs, GTA V and GT6 (all PS3) are my three main games right now, with most focus on Sleeping Dogs and the other two just getting periodic play for updates and such. Just got a Destiny Beta code so I'll be jumping on that soon. I'm also thinking about getting Ace Combat: Infinity.

I will prolly get this. Bungie makes good games.

Remember Marathon and Marathon Infinity on the Apple Power PC dating back to the early 90s? That's where it all started!

I will prolly get this. Bungie makes good games.

Remember Marathon and Marathon Infinity on the Apple Power PC dating back to the early 90s? That's where it all started!
Never played those.

My first introduction to Bungie was with Halo 2 on the original xbox. Bungie is still one of my top favorite developers. They did an amazing job with most of the Halo series. I didn't like ODST. Reach was okay. You could tell they were moving onto something else after Halo 3. Bungie was at their prime with Halo 3. I still love that co-op campaign. ODST and Reach just didn't have Bungies full attention and it showed. Now fast forward a few years later we found out why....because they were working on Destiny. ;)

With that said 343 did an incredible job with Halo 4. As much as I love Halo 3, Halo 4 is better in almost every single way IMO. 343 truly nailed it with H4.

Really looking forward to see what Bungie does with Destiny. The mp will be very hard to balance since everyone will be leveling their weapons and armor in different ways. That's going to be a huge challenge for them. My main focus will most likely be with the co-op modes anyway.

@CAMAROBOY69 I'm not too big on Halo, although I did enjoy the once playthrough in the H3 SP campaign.

343 did an excellent job on H4. I have yet to finish it, insane back log I've been meaning to get through!

It's worth reading up on Bungie's history. Do check out Marathon. Killer outer space first person shooter at the time. Most atmospheric shooter on the Mac back in those days.

You can (I think legally) play Marathon with the Aleph One source port on Windows 7 and OS X. It's still pretty great, runs a whole lot better than it used to on my old Performa, too...

@Speedster911 how about Escape Velocity? I loved that one, I still play EV: Nova every now and then. There are even nearly-official total conversion mods that turn it into EV and EV: Override, so that's pretty cool. Makes the $30 price tag (for a 12-year-old game!) a little easier to swallow if you're getting three games for the price of one...

PS3:
GTA V
MLB The Show 14
NBA 2k14

360:
Civ: Revolutions
GTA V

PS2:
GT 4
Bully

@Speedster911 how about Escape Velocity? I loved that one, I still play EV: Nova every now and then. There are even nearly-official total conversion mods that turn it into EV and EV: Override, so that's pretty cool. Makes the $30 price tag (for a 12-year-old game!) a little easier to swallow if you're getting three games for the price of one...

Nah, I don't remember that one. Will google it up!

Edit: $30 for this?!! NO way!

Edit: $30 for this?!! NO way!

Exactly, it's a shame that only people who were around at the time will know why it's such a great game, but then again I guess Elite: Dangerous and all the similar games in development will supercede it in every way anyway. X3 almost did for me but was far too complex and quite boring, Drox Operative was also close but I couldn't get to grips with it and S.P.A.Z. was similar but not quite the same. Oh and there's also Evochron Mercenary but it's kind of dull and doesn't feel right.

I started my annual EV:N playthrough after posting about it here, I must be improving because it only takes me a couple of hours to get up to a few million credits whereas in the old days I'd waste days trying to accrue however much I need to buy a frigate...

@CAMAROBOY69 I agree with you about Halo 4. I loved it. Campaign, multiplayer, everything. A lot of Halo players more dedicated than I hated it, though, and laud Halo 3 as the best in the series.

Anyone remember ATV Offroad Fury games? Been playing 3 a little bit, remembering some good old racing from my childhood.

Do I ever! ATVORF 2 was always my favorite, and I logged many hours in that game. 3 was also great, and had a lot of the things that made 2 great. 4 was pretty cool as well, though pretty different from the previous games. I think I still have 2, 3 and 4 in my collection. I never owned or played the first one.

@CAMAROBOY69
Do I ever! ATVORF 2 was always my favorite, and I logged many hours in that game. 3 was also great, and had a lot of the things that made 2 great. 4 was pretty cool as well, though pretty different from the previous games. I think I still have 2, 3 and 4 in my collection. I never owned or played the first one.

Awesome, my disc for 4 broke, so I'm stuck with just 3, been playing it a tiny bit off and on past week or so.

Back