What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
Starting the process of whoring myself to Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3). Also still play War Thunder (PS4) and War Frame (PS4) with my friends.

The legend will never die! I loved that game (Soul Calibur, I mean).

I've been playing more Forza 4 and BF4, I managed to complete quite a few assignments yesterday to unlock the SR338, Unica 6, riot shield and 3GL, and I'm now a stone's throw from the UMP-9 (another 16 repair ribbons - I started the day needing 29). As for Forza, I feel like I'm barely making a dent in all the stuff I have left to complete, it's kind of frustrating in a way especially since when I finish one event I go to the next and it's just different layouts of the same circuits. Also the fantasy circuits are awful, they're so gimmicky.

Hahaha... "gimmicky" yeah! That's partially true. Go back to the fantasy tracks from FM3 for a moment: Maple, Sedona, Camino, Kaido etc. ALL looked noticeably better and more eye pleasing. But we all know why track detail and visual zeal had to be toned down for FM4.

Yes, it can get annoying, but having so many different cars to choose from, different tunes to experiment with.. trying out different driving styles.. that's what keeps me going anyway. Here's a neat trick though: go back to FM4 after a few days.. and it's a breath of fresh air. Is it the tracks? Definitely not. The physics, audio and how every aspect comes together to suck you in. To me, no matter what track I'm driving on or how many times I have to drive over it, every race is different, every race somehow feels fresh. I think that's largely due to..yep you guessed it, how the game draws you in with it's audio and physics. For a 360 game, FM4 is still quite the looker (for a circuit based driving game).

I honestly think if T10 wasn't limited to just consoles, they can probably trash some of the best PC sims out there with their physics and audio alone.

Lately I've been playing Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2 (About 41 or so percent in, NOT actually 43), and Tomb Raider on the PS4. I'm about 57 percent through the single player campaign, though I have yet to make a point of searching for absolutely everything I can find in the game.

I played another 10 hours of Borderlands 2 in two days, I don't know how it keeps sucking me back in but it really does. I finished off all the non-reward quests from UVHM+ (level 60-61) and started the Captain Scarlett DLC with Gaige. I think I need to respec her skills because UVHM is hard enough without her 'hard mode' skills making it even more difficult, also she'd benefit from elemental buffs considering all I use is a Chuliann, corrosive plasma caster and incendiary plasma caster. I also just swapped a Pocket Rocket from my Salvador which should be fun.

How is Borderlands as a shooter? Anywhere as good as GOW, MP3 or COD?
It's a superb game indeed but I still think that you would get disappointed "as a shooter". Alot of weapons are kinda weird, underwhelming and with a weak sound. It's not like firing an LMG in Ghost Recon: Future Solder with the flame and the sound and the stuff :). That's a TPS, but still.

Last edited:
How is Borderlands as a shooter? Anywhere as good as GOW, MP3 or COD?

It's nothing like any of those games, really. If you imagine a Quake-style arena shooter mixed with an ARPG - bullet sponge enemies, randomly generated loot, that sort of thing - that's pretty much it.

Just acquired GTA III again after all these years. It must be over ten years since I last played it.
It holds up quite well, in my opinion. I still remembered all the locations but had forgotten the controls and gameplay. But after half an hour I'm really into it again.

A great big smile on my face to once again see my beloved Autocrusher down in Harwood, "They can always squeeze you in".

When you get down to it not all that much has changed since III, it's all here. Claude could just as well have been Niko and all the little things that make the series good are already here. Pedestrian comments, vehicles and dear old Lazlow.

One thing I had completely forgotten about was how the controller shakes everytime you hear the thunder during a lightning/rainstorm. Great stuff.

I also found this great back alley at the docks where the cops never show. I must have mugged and murdered fifty odd people so far for four thousand bucks with the aid of my trusty wooden bat, and not one officer has bothered me! Bliss.
I know, I'm a terrible human being.

After just over one day passed 'in-game' I have already wasted 87 people (+ 1 criminal), blown up 2 cars, crushed 4 cars : ), travelled 22,37 km, seen 21 mm of rain fall and jumped 36 metres with a station wagon. Pretty busy day, really.

Last edited:
I'm playing Front Mission 3 on my Vita while waiting for several large (>100GB) data transfers to finish. I forgot how good this game is... When it lets you play. I get bored of all the talking between the combat (which I'm really bad at), but I think it's well-suited to the Vita since you can suspend it when it gets dull and start it up again with no loading or anything as you would if you were playing on Playstation.

Muramasa on Vita, and having a challenge with Napoleon:Total War.

I have become a bit sucks for RTSs since World in Conflict, or maybe 1800 strategy differs from the one I'm used to.

About to sell Watch_Dogs on PS4, never falling for hype again, getting Wolfenstein in change for it in a few days, looks way more interesting.

Just acquired GTA III again after all these years. It must be over ten years since I last played it.
It holds up quite well, in my opinion. I still remembered all the locations but had forgotten the controls and gameplay. But after half an hour I'm really into it again.

A great big smile on my face to once again see my beloved Autocrusher down in Harwood, "They can always squeeze you in".

When you get down to it not all that much has changed since III, it's all here. Claude could just as well have been Niko and all the little things that make the series good are already here. Pedestrian comments, vehicles and dear old Lazlow.

One thing I had completely forgotten about was how the controller shakes everytime you hear the thunder during a lightning/rainstorm. Great stuff.

I also found this great back alley at the docks where the cops never show. I must have mugged and murdered fifty odd people so far for four thousand bucks with the aid of my trusty wooden bat, and not one officer has bothered me! Bliss.
I know, I'm a terrible human being.

After just over one day passed 'in-game' I have already wasted 87 people (+ 1 criminal), blown up 2 cars, crushed 4 cars : ), travelled 22,37 km, seen 21 mm of rain fall and jumped 36 metres with a station wagon. Pretty busy day, really.

Still my favourite GTA game to date, maybe its because it was the original 3D GTA.
Played this one the most of any game in the series that's for sure.

Ahh the memories might have to dig out my ps2 for another go at this ... :D

Been playing loads of FIFA 14 (PS3/PS4) lately, and with less than a month until FIFA 15, it's fun with the practice.

Also played quite a bit of SimCity 5, with the Cities of Tomorrow expansion, which makes the game very fun.

Still my favourite GTA game to date, maybe its because it was the original 3D GTA.
Played this one the most of any game in the series that's for sure.

Ahh the memories might have to dig out my ps2 for another go at this ... :D
I didn't have the physical copy anymore so I purchased the game at the Playstation Store. Real cheap right now, too. $5.15 or £3.10

I play-tested both Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, both games I bought yesterday. My experiences were chronicled a bit in the General Fighting Games Thread. I may spend more time with each game and get to experience all there is to experience for both.

Dialbo 3. Sadly, not on PC, instead on the PS4. I'm not much of a PC gamer, and I prefer to keep it to console whenever I can. Throw in some MW3 and GT6 on the PS3, Battlefield 4 and Madden on the PS4 as well, and some Pokemon on the 3DS and you have generally what I play.

Back