What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
I've been playing a bunch of games I picked up for cheap recently. Some are new to me, some I've wanted for a while, and some I have lots of experience with but never owned (until now).

Games completely new to me:

Burnout 2: Point of Impact (PS2; the last Burnout game I needed to complete my collection)
Midnight Club II (PS2)
Need for Speed Carbon (PS2)
Need for Speed Undercover (PS2)
Mercenaries (PS2)

Games I have lots of experience with but didn't own until recently:

Project: Snowblind (PS2)
Ratchet: Deadlocked (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

Games I've owned for a while but am also currently playing:

Minecraft (PC)
Pokemon Platinum (but now on a recently bought DSi XL to replace my aging phat DS)
Super Smash Bros. (N64)

I need to get back into Sleeping Dogs (PS3), GTA V (PS3) and GT6 (PS3) and start on the PS3 copy of GTA IV I also just picked up for $5. I've also been planning on starting a fresh GT4 save for a while now.

I downloaded Freedom Cry, the expansion to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. It's weird - the gameplay feels like it's designed for newcomers to the series, but the plot is meaningless unless you have played ACIV first (also, you can't play it without ACIV).

The Evil Within.

Wasn't completely sold on it based on reviews, mrs bought me it as a surprise after seeing me pick it up and putting back on the shelf like 3 times lol

Absolutely love it! One great example that reviews don't really mean much these days.

Purchased OlliOlli for the PS3 from PSN the other day. Brilliant, addicting and punishingly difficult. Worth every penny so far.

Don't forget to press X to land.

• Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise (Free this month on xboxlive)
  • Halo 4 - had a great time in the multiplayer over the weekend with friends and family.
X1
  • Minecraft
  • Forza Horizon 2

Wwe 2k14 picked it up for 20 bucks. 30 years of wrestlemania is absolutely fantastic!

Super hegagon
Insane, can't say more about it

I've had a game of Cookie Clicker running for 105 hours. I've also been playing Resident Evil 5 a bit with a friend, we played through it when it first released on PS3 and have been meaning to play the PC version for years and we finally got around to starting it.

I managed to digitalize my Final Fantasy IX disks and got it to run on my phone 👍 A tough not to crack, but well worth it for the condensed childhood memories and nostalgia!

Aside from that, I'm still hooked on War Thunder.

Currently playing through DiRT3, once again and I'm hooked (I'm almost too ashamed to admit how much I like the Gymkhana stuff). I'm (sort of) amazed how good the game still looks, and not to mention the engine sounds. I'm also seriously considering getting the Monte Carlo DLC now.

Currently playing these games, different titles every few days for about 30 minutes :( So many games, so little time :lol:

PS3 : Last of Us ( NG+ ), Beyond 2 Souls, Aliens Colonial Marines, GTA V, Demon's Souls, Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen, Sniper Elite III, Uncharted 3, Red Dead Redemption GOTY, Mass Effect Trilogy, MGS V GZ, Fallout 3 GOTY, and GT6 when I have time.

Got sucked into World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor. Big time.

template.jpg

@Brett: It absolutely is! It's great! I'm just spending way too much time on it. I'm playing WoD instead of a bunch of other games that I've been looking forward to. But WoD is the best fun I've had in WoW since... Well, since Burning Crusade, I think. Protection Warrior (my main) feels stupidly good with the current rotation (and I'm looking forward to Gladiator Stance, DPSing with sword and board, now that's something!), Dungeons are very well designed, the Garrison is awesome and very fun to manage, professions are far less annoying than they were in the past.

The biggest upside is the questing, though. In previous expansions, it was a chore, imho. Something I did in order to get to max level while waiting for dungeon invites. This time, I'm actually not queuing for dungeons because the questing is fun! Feels more like a single player role playing game with all the cut scenes and the fact that the story telling has improved so much from previous iterations of WoW.

Oh, and there's a chance for loot you get from quests to upgrade in terms of quality - which makes completing quests all the more addictive.

Even without the raids - which are yet to be implemented - there's a lot to do. Plus, there's the 10 years anniversary. Which means you'll get to do a level 100 version of Molten Core... But the best thing about WoD:

18764-molten-corgi.jpg

You'll get this little bugger just for logging in during the 10th anniversary event! The Molten Corgi!

@Luminis I got back in again as well and I think I agree with pretty much everything you've said above. I'm absolutely loving WoD so far and getting to see all the burning crusade locations before they were messed up has been really cool.

Back