What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
I used a Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69. Tweaked the brakes and suspension, and limited power to 425BHP. It was bloody exciting and I won by 3.4s. AMAZING!!!!!

Damn I could barely do it with a fully tuned one.

lotus elise with race mod is a good choice, too

+1 👍

For a better driver this car may be 'overpowered' (with the GT1 Turbo in the field). Goes 2 laps on RS easily, 3 if you're easy on tires but typically not worth the time drop. Sips fuel, less than 10L per lap.

I used an Enzo first time round. What a nightmare to start with.

Quite enjoyable though, once you get used to the handling.

Something that it isn't too fast or too slow either so the AI can keep up with you. It wouldn't be worth getting in first place in the first turns of the first lap.

Also remember it's 4 hours, so pic something that's easy to drive around the ring. I find big AMG Mercedes like the SL55, E55, CLK55 or even the SL65 with the stock suspension to be very forgiving in the never-ending bumps and irregularities of the Nurburgring.

I'm planning on doing this race in a Race Modified Camaro SS (the 2010 model) tomorrow. It should be enough to win without too much trouble. I figure I might as well enjoy the race since it's timed.

I'm planning on doing this race in a Race Modified Camaro SS (the 2010 model) tomorrow. It should be enough to win without too much trouble. I figure I might as well enjoy the race since it's timed.

I'm getting some time off starting next week, might have to attempt this as well. The 2010 Camaro sounds like a nice choice to.

Does anyone know the number of laps the AI does?

Check the N4 companion thread in the race reports forum. The last few pages are full of info about the N4 after the tire wear update.

Dont pay any attention to the info at the beginning. That's old stuff from before the update.

Last edited:
I know this thread is old but its a great one. I just entered with my 07 M3 (GTS replica but w/562ps with max upgrades) and I was ahead of the pack a minute and a half into the race but I wanted this event to be challenging because its is the 'Ring after all. That's when I decided to use my Integrale Evoluzione, maxed @ 423ps. Its is a hill climb inspired build and is plenty fun to drive especially when toying with the torque split around 15/85. Awd drifts have never been so epic to me.

I just finished this recently using the Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car, and it was as smooth as silk. I usually prefer to use premium cars whenever possible, but of all the cars in my garage, the GT-R had the right amount of PP without making the race too easy.

Nice ride. Comfortable, quiet, easy to handle. Since it's a standard, it's not the prettiest looking rendition especially when viewed during pit stops, but oh well. I was thinking of using it for the Tskuba 9-hour endurance too.

I ran a Wedsport Celica. Didn't face the GT1 Turbo, but my-oh-my what a nail biter. Had to rely on pit strategy I won by less than a second. Excellent car to drive on the 'Ring.

The GT1 Turbo is incredibly overpowered in this race, not really worth the effort since that's the only car that you'll be racing with.

Use the R8 LMS after all it's a 24h Nürburgring winner. So it might be the only car in GT that ever won on this track in real life and is still used in active racing. Yesterday I let bob drive the car in B-Spec Mode. It's fastest lap time did match it's real life counterpart in the 24h race this year. (8:30 to 8:32) Not bad!

Yeah, Audi R8 LMS is a win win:gtpflag:. It can beat the s2000 turbo, and you have a lot of fun with it too! It's nothing like the X1, but I like to use the team playstation version because of it's decals. They are a lot of fun, and you get some competition too, but it's not too hard to win. My only warning is that you don't use it on b spec mode because bob will just try to be as careful as he can and he will never be close to the s2000, or any other R8 LMS's.

Awesome I'm going to try out that car.
For OP, I'm going to assume your pretty fast on the ring and beating the AI is probably not going to be a huge challenge, in that case I would pick something that is not too easy too easy to drive. Maybe a fast sports road car vs a Super GT car
Firstly, I'd ask for your definition of "official". The R33 has long had the reputation for being one of the first sports under 8min around the 'ring.
cars
And then I'd point this out:

Back