What Is The Best Car To ENJOY The Nurburgring 4 Hours?

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 475 comments
By specifying premium, it sounds like you want to drive it in cockpit view, in which case, you'll want something with a nice interior... like a Zonda F. You could also find something with right-hand drive, to make it a little more interesting. Or maybe a Ferrari California, with the top down :)

Nissan Falken R34gtr race car

I won this car for one of my prize car tickets. But I never used it, probably because it's a standard and I really enjoy driving from the cockpit view, especially in enduros. But now you got me thinking that I might try this one out since my next enduro is Suzuka so I'm almost up on the 4hr one at the Ring. I'm gonna test it out on the track at least and see how it performs.

Its not my thread but thanks for the recommendation.👍

But how much to tune it?
Also, do you mean these ones:
http://www.ausringers.com/images/24h/2010-N24-BMW-01.jpg

I swear I saw a car with this livery in GT5...
I just can't remember what it's called though.

I think you have seen this car:

klick

This is the BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 (E46). I bought it for about a million CR at the UCD. It is awesome on "the Ring" and I get 6:35 times.

The handling is perfect. 👍

The car on your picture is a M3 GTR '08 (E92). It isn't in the game :guilty:

I think you have seen this car:

klick

This is the BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 (E46). I bought it for about a million CR at the UCD. It is awesome on "the Ring" and I get 6:35 times.

The handling is perfect. 👍

The car on your picture is a M3 GTR '08 (E92). It isn't in the game :guilty:

Thanks BMWFREAK :D
Dammit, so the one in my picture isn't in the game, but I do believe that I own the on in your picture.
But unfortunately it's standard.

go with a zonda, there bloody fun to drive but still a challenge and there interiors are awesome. you can spend 4hrs trying to get better at driving it :)

STILL looking for your car...?!?!?!?

LOL :confused:

Have you actually test driven anything at the 'ring to see how it handles the bumps??

I will do very soon, at 10:45 AM, just letting my brother play FIFA 10 on his User, I said he could if he shut up whilst I was Golding the Sebastian Vettel Challenges, and he did, for 4 days...
I've decided on the BMW M3 '07, a BMW at the Nurburgring will be quite fitting too.

I've decided on the BMW M3 '07, a BMW at the Nurburgring will be quite fitting too.

Ok, amigo cool.. 👍

When you test, do it online as you get a better idea of tyre wear, the AI cars stop once every 4 laps.. I was stopping once every 3 laps in my GTR, so had to build a lead to cater for extra pit stops.

Ok, amigo cool.. 👍

When you test, do it online as you get a better idea of tyre wear, the AI cars stop once every 4 laps.. I was stopping once every 3 laps in my GTR, so had to build a lead to cater for extra pit stops.

Why online?
And every 4 laps? Seems a bit soon.
What's fuel use like?

On my first race I picked the RX7 LM (525 hp) and expected the race to be fun. Man, I was wrong! It just took me half a lap to put my opponents at a respectable distance. It was so easy I wasn't even trying to improve my times. I was cruising the Ring like a freakin tourist. I made a boatload of mistakes but still managed to win by a huge margin. Boring.

So I decided to redo the race with a M3 GTR (375 hp) bought at the UCD. Just did an oil change and slapped racing hard tires.

Although I didn't stand a chance for the win from the very beginning of the race, I enjoyed every moment as I had to focus really hard on being agressive without making too much mistakes.

It was a real pleasure to struggle in the middle of the pack with an underpowered car and no downforce, trying to squeeze the best out of it. Intense, challenging and fun.

I finished the race in 4th position, 1 lap behind 1st. Needless to say it tasted a thousand times better than a easy win :)

I definitely plan on another shot with the M3 to see if I can improve.

Thanks OP!

I used the Nomad Diablo GT1. Not a premium car, but a nice smooth drive round the ring.
Set it up soft, go easy on the throttle, and let the torque carry you away :)
One of my favourite cars for bumpy tracks. If you're getting too much wheelspin out of corners, use a gear higher.

But how much to tune it?
Also, do you mean these ones:
http://www.ausringers.com/images/24h/2010-N24-BMW-01.jpg

I swear I saw a car with this livery in GT5...
I just can't remember what it's called though.

There's a pretty similar one that's the beast of the German Touring Championship, but I too forgot the name, almost bought it. Actually, check the online dealership right now, that may have been where I saw it. Dudley (Bob) is busy right now, so I can't check.

The Audi R8 LMS is the fastest opponent. The Amuse S2000GT1 Turbo is fast too, but in every race I have done at some point it tries to do 5 laps with a set of tires, which goes of course terribly wrong and it loses minutes on that 5th lap.
The Audi runs tuned with a lot more HP than it has stock. But it's still quite slow on straits and acceleration, so if it starts from the back, it can take a while till it makes it to the front where it can unfold it's true speed. In one race I had the Audi behind the Amuse for half a race till the Amuse made his tire mistake. For the best race I'd recommend choosing a starting grid with the Audi in one of the first positions.

Last time I did the race I chose a McLaren Mp4-12C stock with just custom suspension for my driving pleasure and on race softs. My laptimes where pretty close to the Audi, but the Audi used more tires and therefor always lost a few seconds on the 4th lap of a stint. The Audi used more fuel too (the game doesn't care for diesel obviously), it had to refuel for about 10sec longer than me every stint. Given you can gain ~25 seconds by driving the fuel tank empty (what the opponents wont do), I still won with >2 minutes advantage and didn't get the close fight I was hoping for. Will try racing medium next time...

So I'd say, every supercar (below the godlikes like McLaren F1) with tires and tuning fitting to the desired level of competition will be fine here. I'm so glad that this race can now be done with more than a stock Elise like in GT4...

The 4hr race at the 'Ring is quite difficult to set up. If you're up against the S2000 GT1 Turbo, you need some power to compete without the race getting too risky, but if it's not around. the fastest car you'll be racing is the S2000 GT1 '04, the non-turbo version which is considerably slower, especially so because the AI isn't going to drive that thing near the limit.

Personally, I'd just restart the race if the GT1 Turbo turns up. It's going to be the races rabbit car for the whole two hours and the only car you'll be racing against, while completely destroying the opposition.
That said, the field is pretty nice if the GT1 Turbo isn't there. Given the overall pace of the AI, I quite like the RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 or the Amuse 380RS Superleggera. You can make them match your skill level pretty well by tuning them accordingly.

The RS is potentially faster, by a lot, actually, but the RX-7 is incredibly balanced and easy to drive and enjoy, so I'd recommend that, even though it's a little on the heavy and underpowered side of things at first glance.

I intend to use an upgraded ARTA Garaiya '08. Probably the best cockpit view in the game, only 500hp but grippy as hell and fun to drive. It shouldn't run over the competition easily either.

I used the Astra Super Touring Car. It is more car than needed for sure but I really like to drive this car on the ring so I used it. After I lapped all the other cars I pulled over and had a smoke while waiting for all the cars to get back on the lead lap then went out and lapped them all again.

After lapping the field the second time I pulled over and parked for a while and waited until the second and thrid place cars had over taken me [about 15 minutes] Then I went back on the track and chased them down again and finished the race.

I ended up actually driving about 3 1/2 hours with a best lap of 7:35 in the Astra. My avg lap was roughly 1 minute faster than the fastest AI car in the race which was the Amuse GT1. Not sure if it was the turbo or not. I think so but not sure.

How fast are the opponents in that race and what cars do they drive? And what tires?

I am actually planning to use the RM IS-F much like Kaz-san....But I also want to drive my Amuse 380RS...

But if the opponents are full race cars then I may need to rethink my approach.

They are not to fast. About the same as the tuner car grand prix. Seemed like the fastest car was turning laps in the 8:30 area or somethign close to that when I ran it though it is possible that there could be a faster car show up. The real contenders are the Amuse GT1 turbo and the Audi R8 LMS

The Lexus should be able to smoke them.

This one
Castrol%20Supra.jpg

They are not to fast. About the same as the tuner car grand prix. Seemed like the fastest car was turning laps in the 8:30 area or somethign close to that when I ran it though it is possible that there could be a faster car show up. The real contenders are the Amuse GT1 turbo and the Audi R8 LMS

The Lexus should be able to smoke them.

Do you know if they use race tire? I think tuner GP was the only "street car" race that had AI using slicks...

I might do this or the Suzuka 1000 this weekend...either way it'll be somewhat challenging just through the track and shear duration....

Latest Posts

Back