What is the best Le Mans car?

• Thread starter Mattern
  • 83 comments
Norway
Norway
Matthew9-
Hello guys. I have one simple question: What do you guys think is the best Le Mans car in GT6? Hopefully some of you have already tried more than 1 of the Le Mans cars and know which one is good and which one is bad! And maybe some of you got some experience with the Le Mans cars from GT5? im pretty sure it is almost the same ;)

Yesterday i bought the Mercedes Benz Sauber C9, and i am pretty happy with it, but im currently at the super series and i have trubble with some of the races (Its insane) xD So I want to know if there are any cars that is even better?

@Mattern

The Bentley is just awesome!! It exceeds my expectations. I used one in GT5 for the Le Mans 24 hours. So when I saw it as a premium it was top of my purchases list!!

You have to treat the throttle with love on the exits of corners - as with most of the LMP cars (with ABS 0 TC 0).
Handles really nicely - predictable and tucks into the corners well. Buy one, you shouldn't be disappointed:tup:

I still love the Jag XJR9, and the new premium Sauber C9 is also pretty special. I guess I'm struggling to answer the OP with 1 car. :nervous:

I'm still debating which one to get. Anyone try to delta wing yet?
Its a strange beast for sure. It seems (unless there's a good tune out there) that all braking and accelerating needs to be in a straight line - sounds kind of obvious but getting on the gas early mid corner will make spin round very quickly. Braking is the same. Brake on the turn and it will swing round towards the scene of the accident!

However, it has the downforce to coast through the corners at a higher speed - reminds me of the Red Bull in that regard.

So I think its good - but I certainly need to adapt my driving to drive it well. Tearing down Mulsanne on my own is electrifying, but under race conditions I found it a bit frustrating - for now at least!!👍

the Peugot is very tame n easy to drive.Plus it is paintable but it seems a little slower than my Perscarolo C60 Hybrid

I just need to get the silver Deltawing. After seeing it in the ALMS of 2013 i just started liking it more and more.
In GT5 i drove the Peugeot 908, was very stable and fast.

Its a strange beast for sure. It seems (unless there's a good tune out there) that all braking and accelerating needs to be in a straight line - sounds kind of obvious but getting on the gas early mid corner will make spin round very quickly. Braking is the same. Brake on the turn and it will swing round towards the scene of the accident!

However, it has the downforce to coast through the corners at a higher speed - reminds me of the Red Bull in that regard.

So I think its good - but I certainly need to adapt my driving to drive it well. Tearing down Mulsanne on my own is electrifying, but under race conditions I found it a bit frustrating - for now at least!!👍

Yep after driving it completely stock (the nissan) it seems to handle exactly as it has been described in real life! Straight line braking is definitely key.

In response to the OP, our of the cars I've driven so far the Speed 8 seems to be the best without a setup change...

I just need to get the silver Deltawing. After seeing it in the ALMS of 2013 i just started liking it more and more.

If you do, please note that it requires a different approach to driving.

"You have to drive it like an old 911." Chris Harris

If you do, please note that it requires a different approach to driving.

"You have to drive it like an old 911." Chris Harris

Well i bought it, and after 30 mins of driving i had to sell it. It just isn't controlable enough with a DS3. Not realiably atleast. I am sure i could make it work when driving timed laps on my own, but not in the heat of battle.
I am sure it will be allot easier to drive with a wheel and pedals, as it gives you that extra refined sensitivity that this car needs.
I think it wil be very fast for those who master it though, as it really has some great speed.

I have a really great handle on the DeltaWing, but I think there is still more to get out of this car.

And yes, a wheel would be a good way to get a better understanding of the car, I recommend the Thrustmaster T500 RS.

If memory serves me correct, back in GT5 the Audi R8's had stable handling, i am a wheel user but it was exceptionally forgiving even so.

Well, I have the Sauber Merc C9 (love it) Bentley Speed 8, BMW V12 LMR, and Nissan R92CP so far.

My favorite so far is definitely the R92CP. It's a BEAST. Very easy to push to the limits, and forgiving when you start to push too hard. Great rear grip when driving w/o TCS.
Also, it's fast as 🤬!!! I've hit 240 coming up to the first chicane on Le Sarthe, without tuning parts or draft (@ 695 PP stock w/ oil change)

The BMW V12 LMR is also superb and seemingly overlooked by many, imo has the best handling of all of them. (maybe second to the Audi R8 '01) Very very stable over bumps and camber changes, eats the Nurb for breakfast.

The Bentley didn't really impress me much for some reason. Very tempermental and somewhat unpredictable imo.

Love the Sauber too though, it was the only Group C/LMP car missing from my collection in GT5. Glad to see it got the premium treatment this time around along with the Speed 8. Wish the rest of the Group C/LMP's had were premium too though.

Haven't tried them yet in GT6, but the Jag XJR-9 and Mazda 787B were great in GT5. Fastest GT5 time trial laptimes at Le Mans was the Audi R8 '01 though, by about 3 seconds.

Just re-read the OP, and for the S-Class events, you may want to consider the Light Car Company Rocket. It's a prize car (not sure what for at the moment) or, only costs 100,000 credits, and can be tuned to 650 pp. It may not be the out-right fastest, but with only a four cylinder engine (only weighs 390kg) powering an open-wheeled body, you'll have an enormous advantage in making far less pit stops (if any) compared to the AI, due to it's incredible fuel economy.

Sorry for the double post, mods.

Cool ;) I was thinking of maybe getting the Bentley speed 8 or something. Anyone tried it?

*raises paw.

@Mattern

The Bentley is just awesome!! It exceeds my expectations. I used one in GT5 for the Le Mans 24 hours. So when I saw it as a premium it was top of my purchases list!!

I used it in GT5 extensively. I would drive it just for the fun of driving it - the Enduro at El Capitan was a staple run for unwinding.
First LMP I bought (though not the first I owned) in GT6. (Second was the 787B Stealth. Next the Pescarolo C60 Hybride. :D )

I guess I'm struggling to answer the OP with 1 car. :nervous:

:lol: That, I guess, is what makes the discussion interesting.
IMO - the top half-dozen cars would suit different racers equally well - sort of like a shoe doesn't fit every foot. Unless there is a huge leap in performance in any particular car we throw in as camparison (say we throw a RedBull X in there for example) those top half dozen cars will fare equally well in the hands of drivers who mate successfully with the car - meshing their skills and inputs to the particular LMP's responsiveness, turn in, get-away, and gusto.
I see that those cars all have been mentioned here - cars we have been used to in the previous GTs : The C9, V12, R92CP, 88C-V, GT-One, Pescarolo C60 Hybride . . . R8s, 787B . . .
Hm. That's more than half-dozen, dang it.

Yep after driving it completely stock (the nissan) it seems to handle exactly as it has been described in real life! Straight line braking is definitely key.

In response to the OP, our of the cars I've driven so far the Speed 8 seems to be the best without a setup change...

The stock Speed 8 feels best all-round to many gamers. It's a great starter LMP, and is a good primer towards testing and tuning any other LMP to suit one's style; obviously it is not going to be the fastest car for everyone.

The Toyota MINOLTA was my fav from GT5, but I have not tried in GT6 yet.

There was good reason the 88C-V was a prize car in GT4. This was where the money was. ;) Stable, satin smooth, stunningly fast, and ever reliable.

They can be amazing if you get a good setup on it.

There is no doubt that the Bentley can be tweaked to taste, though over-tinkering with it is what takes away from the original feel of the Bentleys rock-solid stability, precision handling, and gentle but powerful responsiveness.

A better question is: what is the easiest Le Mans car to drive with the DS3 controller? :lol:

:scared:

Are the Audis good? (R18/R10/R8)

I've seen a lot of praise for them since GT5, I'm not sure which one was especially praised but I think it was either the R10 or R8. According to GT6 the R8 has the highest PP. Also how is the GT-One? I heard it has an amazing top speed even though not the highest bhp.

Also the Interior view plays a part... I like a nice interior.

Are the Audis good? (R18/R10/R8)

I've seen a lot of praise for them since GT5, I'm not sure which one was especially praised but I think it was either the R10 or R8. According to GT6 the R8 has the highest PP. Also how is the GT-One? I heard it has an amazing top speed even though not the highest bhp.

Also the Interior view plays a part... I like a nice interior.
At 650pp, I got the R10 to go the same speed around Silverstone as the R18. Haven't tried the R8 there yet though.

Back