What is the fastest car in GT5 ???

I made at hotlaptest at Suzuka with the best cars in GT5:
Red Bull, Ferrari 2007/2010, Formula GT, Minolta, Sauber C9, Peugeot, Audi R10, Audi R8 Race Car, Bentley Speed 8, Toyota GT One.

Settings for all cars:
- Max. Tuning
- Max Aerodynamic
- Adapted Gear Box
- Standart Suspension
- Soft Tires

Here are the results:

1. Red Bull X2010: 0.59,147
2. Ferrari F2007: 1.24,944
3. Ferrari F2010: 1.25,374
4. Formula GT: 1.25,801
5. Toyota Minolta: 1.37,700

4WD: I cross the finish line in my ZZII at 59 second laps around High Speed Ring at 360 KM/HR which I guess is 225~ MPH, Le Mans Quattro and R8 / Murclieago might hit that. Escudo is insane but doesnt like over 200 mph.
same time with a Gallardo

Why does everybody call the Toyota 88cv the "toyota minolta"???? I thought Minolta was the main sponsor?

Why does everybody call the Toyota 88cv the "toyota minolta"???? I thought Minolta was the main sponsor?

It sounds better when it is referred to as Minolta, and not Toyota 88C-V.

People also tend to remember cars better with names instead of numbers.

And yeah it is a main sponsor. I bet a lot of people would refer to the Gulf liveried 917s as the Gulf Porsche if it were in the game.

Fastest in terms of top speed or fastest arround track?
In my oppinion Zonda R is the fastest (non LM/purpose built vehicle) arround track.
Fastest in the terms of top speed is McLaren F1 (394 km/h).
I haven't driven all the cars yet, but that's the top so far.

From what I've tested:

#1: Red Bull X2010
#2: Formula Gran Turismo
#3: Ferrari F1 2007
#4: Ferrari F1 2010
#5: Toyota 88C-V

Fastest non-purpose built car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 C6 RM
Fastest P car (excluding Group C and LMP cars): Pagani Zonda R
Fastest road-legal car: McLaren F1

The track I've used is High Speed Ring.
All cars were fully tuned (for McLaren I've used Sport Soft tires and Sports Exhaust) with racing soft tires.
Nissan R89C was 0.001 second faster than the Toyota 88CV.
I got the Sauber Mercedes C9 now, I will test it 'round the track now.

5th fastest car on GT5 has to be Group C car or maybe Toyota GT-One will take the illusive 5th place, only time will tell.

Tested the Minolta again, 1 second faster than the Sauber Mercedes C9.

Last edited:
Excluding F1 cars...

MR: Nissan R92CP Race Car has got the best acceleration, but the Toyota GT-ONE Race Car has the best top speed. I also get slightly better lap times on most courses with the GT-ONE, Nissan R89C Race Car and Audi R8 Race Car '01. If you want to talk about production cars only, then the fastest is the McLaren F1 in both top speed and overall track performance.

4WD: Veyron wins in pure speed, Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial '98 wins in track performance.

FR: I believe that the Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 RM has the best track performance, but the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 or Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR has the highest top speed.

As for FF cars, I don't care for them so I'm not the best person to ask about them. The fastest RR car is one of the RUFs.

Last edited:
Maybe i'm a purist but it does seem strange when people get an historical racing car such as the Sauber Mercedes for over 5MM credits, then feel the need to try to tune it further? Or maybe I am missing something? It becomes no longer about the awesomeness of the real car, but more what sliders you can move up in a video game. It becomes another X2010.

But different strokes for different folks I guess.

Regarding maximum speeds, of road cars at least, I have a bunch I still need to try but it seems strange many say the F1 is the fastest, when I remember (from testing some time ago) the Veyron being the fastest? I got the F1 up to 220-something (mph) at SSR7 but the Veyron hit 230 or 240 if I remember correctly.

Again I should say that I prefer the F1 to the Veyron, generally, but I still think the Bugatti is a faster car, not only straight line speed but beginning to think around a track in GT too, and perhaps in "real life".

Lol alright guys enough with the sarcasm, I think the dude realizes hes wrong. But anyways. I would think that the Lamborghini Murcielago SV has the highest base. Sorry, not sure about the base HP though.

yeah, appears so, for he didn't state, which car can you tune for max HP..

He asked how fast, two diff questions

which the Vettel fits in both cats

Regarding maximum speeds, of road cars at least, I have a bunch I still need to try but it seems strange many say the F1 is the fastest, when I remember (from testing some time ago) the Veyron being the fastest? I got the F1 up to 220-something (mph) at SSR7 but the Veyron hit 230 or 240 if I remember correctly.

Again I should say that I prefer the F1 to the Veyron, generally, but I still think the Bugatti is a faster car, not only straight line speed but beginning to think around a track in GT too, and perhaps in "real life".

I guess people just hate the Veyron because of its terrible cornering speed. It goes without saying and/or people don't think it deserves to be mentioned. Going by real world specs the McLaren F1 should be able to hit about 240 mph while the Veyron should be able to go over 250 mph (both stock). I don't know if they can do this in the game without upgrades. But I know I can get my fully upgraded McLaren F1 to push past 250 mph while the Veyron can go past 260 mph.

it really depends on the track. are you asking speed or time?

These speeds can be more if tuned right
X2010 353MPH
Veyron 270 MPH
Cien 250 MPH
Vette 250 MPH

It's clearly the Toyota GT-One Race Car

Over 314mph on the 10k offline with standing start says all. It's pretty much the same online, there's just a minor difference.

Btw, Veyron is good for 302mph

Last edited:
McLaren MP4-12C is very fast too, probably not the fastest but fast nonetheless. I managed to hit 300+ on Sarthe leading up to L'Arche with more to go. Not bad for a completely stock setup (Tuning prohibited room).
Will do a Route x test soon and post results :)

Last edited:
Of course, X2011 is the fastest
but if you're talking about the fastest MR car, I think it is the Formula Gran Turismo. Mine has 892 HP.

Why people keep referencing the X201x is beyond me..
Edit x2: The X1 doesnt count either because it obviously is the fastest car in the game, so just post what you think is the fastest, there are no wrong answers.

BTW, I am not saying that due to your post Ian (moreso Yev's & others that insist on including it). It just happened to come straight afterwards :)

Last edited:
McLaren MP4-12C is very fast too, probably not the fastest but fast nonetheless. I managed to hit 300+ on Sarthe leading up to L'Arche with more to go. Not bad for a completely stock setup (Tuning prohibited room).
Will do a Route x test soon and post results :)
With draft many cars can go that fast, or do you use kmh?
Of course, X2011 is the fastest
but if you're talking about the fastest MR car, I think it is the Formula Gran Turismo. Mine has 892 HP.
It drives faster than 314mph/506kmh? No

I use km/h, I'm Australian. I should have clarified the unit of measure in that post, sorry :)
300km/h is actually quite slow, other cars go over 500km/h in GT5. I know that km/h is used in Australia (same here in Switzerland), but you can change it in the options if you want. The number simply looked too low to be in km/h, but ok.

Like I said, Toyota GT-One does 506km/h on the 10'000m, even more with flying start over the full length.

"Fastest car" is too generic. Fastest in top speed? GT-One. Acceleration? Formula GT. Round a track? F2007. I thought this went without saying.

Top speed or around a track?

If around the track the X1 is the obvious answer if it's MR, otherwise a Formula car.

For top speed it still might be the X1. I've never turned down the downforce on my Pagani Zonda R, but I'm guessing it'd be pretty darn high. It has 956 HP fully tuned, or thereabouts.
What about the c7 prototype corvette

Back