What kind of headphones do you have? I got my XB 1000's

• Thread starter HE1RO
  • 205 comments

HE1RO

(Banned)
United States
Oklahoma
K_Beast_D
I had some Kicker-HP541's for awhile, but they wore out. I liked them alot, especially for the 40 bucks i paid for them. I have a friend who owned a pair of Sony XB-500's and was pretty impressed by how they sounded.

I have just bought some Sony XB-1000's, and im pretty excited about them XD

6774971658_efdc0e2d6c_b.jpg

Last edited:
I have a pair of Sony MDR-V600's for home use and Philips Marshmallow's for my MP3 player. Can't say I have any complaints about either.

Bose IE-2, Monster Tron T3, Apple Headphones.

As for an iPod dock i have a Bowers & Wilkins Zepplein Air, best dock on the market, ever.

I think beats by dre are junk, they break more than you can use them, as for v-moda headphones they are great.

I have AKGs on my wishlist, but I'm not touching this list until 6-9 years later as I already have 2 that already satisfy my needs, the AKGs are merely a want.

Wanted the XB-500's by Sony but sadly you cannot buy them in Ireland so I bought Beats Solo HD. Sexy pair of headphones ;)

I just have a lot of random headphones, but the best I own are just standard Apple headphones :guilty:

For Playing PS3 I used Turtle Beach PX21's, The have an adjustable Mic and have quality sound.

Other wise out and about I just use in-ear's.

I have a pair of Shure SRH440's headphones for proper listening and Sony MDR-EX35's earphones for when I'm out and about.

Sennheiser HD215s for everything. Having them on my iPod is kind of a waste of their potential but on my Yammy amp, they sound absolutely brilliant.

Audio Technica AD-700 for home, and some junky, but ok, Skullcandy's that my mate gave me for out and about.

I am happy to announce I am the proud new owner of a set of Sennheiser HD-650, other cans include some from the studio, three Sony MDR-7509's and a AKG K240DF's. For in ear while mowing the lawn, I have a set of Klipsch Image S4i Black In-Ear Headphones.

Sennheiser HD650
2012-02-15_21-55-39_573.jpg

Sony MDR-7509
2012-02-15_21-55-48_590.jpg

AKG K240DF
2012-02-15_21-56-33_317.jpg

Last edited:
Nb6Jn.jpg

I'm a Beats guy. The Tours are for working out and other activities. The Pros sound quality is second to none. Some of the best headphones money can buy.

Last edited:
I have a 12 year old pair of Sony earbuds(don't remember exact name). They still sound as good as the day i got them.

I have Senheiser HD202s for listening and travelling, and just use my ipod ones for walking and jogging as I need to order some new squidgy things for the ultimate ears I have.

I had some Kicker-HP541's for awhile, but they wore out. I liked them alot, especially for the 40 bucks i paid for them. I have a friend who owned a pair of Sony XB-500's and was pretty impressed by how they sounded.

I have just bought some Sony XB-1000's, and im pretty excited about them XD

I have to ask, how do you like the XB-1000's? I no nothing about them, but from pics on the web, those things are ginormous! :) They look super comfy like a soft pillow for your head.

Boffin
I have Senheiser HD202s for listening and travelling, and just use my ipod ones for walking and jogging as I need to order some new squidgy things for the ultimate ears I have.

Yeah that is why i love my Bose... I have cut the yard with them on... Riding lawn mower + Bose QC15s + ipod= fun

I once got a pair of Senheiser's for a gift (I dont remember the model), but they were probably in the 120$ range and they didn't have the sound I wanted, lack of bass. But i havent listened to many Senheiser's.

The best pair of buds that i "used" to own thanks to a thief, were the Skullcandy TiTan's. I looked at the latest models though and the features seemed to have dropped off slightly, they used to have the braided headphone wires. Now they just have normal headphone wires.

The one thing i find funny about Beats by Dre, is they don't advertise actual stats of their products, just that they come with an extra special studio cable with a gold plated mini jack lol

Im still excited for my XB-1000's to come in, there is just something about Japanese print being all over a box that makes it even more special.... and 70mm's of surface area, and also a range of 2-30,000hz lol

3000mW = 3 Watts right? or is my math backwards...

Looks like good math to me. :)

So you haven't got them yet. Well...70mm drivers should do the trick. :-) Lets us know how they sound when you get them.

:cheers:

Back