• Thread starter a6m5
  • 816 comments

a6m5

#ChopOn
Premium
United States
OREGON
a6m5zero
I think it would be cool to find out what kind of CDs the members are currently buying. I'm always interested in what kind of CDs my friends are buying.

I just bought used copies of:

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily(I've heard this CD just once, when it was new)
White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan(It's OK so far, but doesn't sound as good as "Elephant" to me).

Depending on the popularity of this thread, I want to make one for the DVD as well. Also, I'm wondering if legal downloading should be added to this thread, like thru iTunes. Any feedbacks would be appreciated. :)

Edit: I changed the title from "CD" to "Music", so you can post songs/albums other than just CDs.

Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

THinking about picking up Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band soon.

The last CD I bought was Dead Prez - Let's Get Free and I can't remember the last one I bought before that. I don't buy CDs often.

edit: Just remembered I bought a CD of a friend's band the other night but I don't have it yet so I'd forgotten about it.

The last CDs I bought were Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon and The Ramones : Their Greatest Hits

Just bought Optimus Rhyme - School The Indie Rockers and the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer.

Tool-10,000 Days... I don't really buy. Usually just downlaod them. But I like to buy artists taht arn't very known. Thats why I buy Dream Theater's... Tool's.. Maybe some others.. really nobody knows who they are around here..

Master_Yoda
Tool-10,000 Days... I don't really buy. Usually just downlaod them. But I like to buy artists taht arn't very known. Thats why I buy Dream Theater's... Tool's.. Maybe some others.. really nobody knows who they are around here..

And where do you live that Dream Theater and Tool are not well known? Outer space? I like to buy cds to support the artists so that they keep making music. As I am not interested in a whole lot of artists and won't shed a tear if they go the way of 'tripping daisy' (just an example), I don't buy a lot of cds anymore.

Bought 2 cds yesterday though. The new Andromeda CD and the new Dramagods CD, Nuno Bettencourt's band.

I bought three at the same time:
Keane - Under the Iron Sea
The Feeling - Twelve Stops and Home
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

The Snow Patrol CD is awesome.

GilesGuthrie
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

The Snow Patrol CD is awesome.
Agreed, though I still like their "Final Straw" even more. I missed them in Portland(Oregon) recently, and still am beating myself up over that one. :banghead:

markj_87
The last CD I bought was The Offspring's greatest hits. I like it, it has all their biggest songs on.
And there you go. That's what this thread is for! 👍 I will be getting that. Now, someone please tell me that AC/DC released a greatest hits. :D

i bought Eagles of DeathMetal - Death by sexy........such a great CD, nearly the same sound as Queens of the Stoneage (Josh Homme playing in both bands) but a real great album 👍

viper

speedy_samurai
And where do you live that Dream Theater and Tool are not well known? Outer space? I like to buy cds to support the artists so that they keep making music. As I am not interested in a whole lot of artists and won't shed a tear if they go the way of 'tripping daisy' (just an example), I don't buy a lot of cds anymore.

Bought 2 cds yesterday though. The new Andromeda CD and the new Dramagods CD, Nuno Bettencourt's band.
I live in a place that everyone listens to rap.. Or punk... IT SUCKS.. I mean theres people that know of them, but not to many. like 70-80% of the people at my school listen to rap... I'm like whatever.. :P Only true hard cord listeners don't listen to rap :) I HATE IT

Bought a few CD's on Sunday.
-The Cream of Clapton
-Burton/Cummings Songbook
-Tom Petty - Highway Companion.

I wouldn't reccomend Highway Companion. It's got all of two decent tracks (Saving Grace, and Flirting with Time), and the rest is quite slow. It's very different from what I expected. The other two albums are sort of 'Best-Of' compilations, but good nonetheless. As I don't have the money to buy all the albums I want, they will do for now.

Slicks
Bought a few CD's on Sunday.
-The Cream of Clapton
-Burton/Cummings Songbook
-Tom Petty - Highway Companion.

I wouldn't reccomend Highway Companion. It's got all of two decent tracks (Saving Grace, and Flirting with Time), and the rest is quite slow. It's very different from what I expected. The other two albums are sort of 'Best-Of' compilations, but good nonetheless. As I don't have the money to buy all the albums I want, they will do for now.
Cream of Clapton is my favorite Eric Clapton CD. Classic rock at finest! I was told that not all of the lead vocal on the CD is Clapton. Anybody know more about this?

Saturday, I bought NOFX's Wolves In "Wolve's Clothing" and Anti-Flag's "For Blood And Empire" They're both pretty good. But "Wolves" just seemed like a bit of the same NOFX which isn't that bad, I just wish there was a bit of ingenuity there. "For Blood And Empire" was the better of the two IMO, really good stuff if your into punk 👍.

Back