What Music Did You Buy?Music 

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 816 comments
The last full album I remember buying was about 3 months ago, but I bought the "mp3 album" just the songs from Amazon. Entire album of "Batavi" from the Dutch band Heidevolk.

Don't care anymore for the album cover, and lyrics I can get and print online.

325593.jpg

Well I've been busy buying albums recently.

I pre ordered Edguy's new album, Space Police.

24485.jpg

Being my favourite band, I of course went for the limited edition with bonus tracks... Now 20% MORE METAL!!! :lol:

I was extremely disappointed come April 21st when the album released, and I got instantly put to backorder, which gives me a feeling I'm going to get another email telling me they won't ever be able to provide me my purchase. :grumpy:

And in the excitement I got a vital Edguy album.

Edguy_-_Tinnitus_Sanctus_-Front-.jpg

Tinnitus Sanctus.

And along with that I got three Coheed and Cambria albums.

Afterman: Ascension

coheed.jpg

Along with Afterman: Descension of course.

The_Afterman_Descension_album_cover.jpeg

Was happy to receive both of these ones on the same day, so I can listen to both halfs in one sitting. :D

Also got the one with an absolutely massive album name...

b22681b0c8a0b9fffd22a110.L._SY300_.jpg

Yeah, that...

Along with Queensryche's Promised Land.

Queensryche_-_Promised_Land_cover.jpg

Unisonic's self titled album. (new one coming later this year :D)

unisonic.jpg

Two Threshold albums.

cover_363816582009.jpg

Critical Mass

cover_443916582009.jpg

Subsurface

And lastly, I got a Judas Priest album, because I've been wanting it for ages...

$_35.JPG

Point of Entry.

So yeah, I've spent quite a lot of money on CD's over the last few weeks. :lol:

i want to find a nice newish copy of sticky fingers on vinyl to commemorate my college graduation. only problem is i can't find a newish copy at a reasonable price.

Aenima.jpg

My sister took me to some trendy second-hand music shop downtown and I managed to find Tool's Ænima album. I've never seen any of their albums before in stores so I'm pretty pumped. My neighbors are going to love this album whether they like it or not ;)

Monument's 2012 album "Gnosis" since their newest album doesn't release in the states until July 8th and I want that physical copy!
gnosissmall.jpg

No regrets. "Blue Sky Thinking" is legendary. :D

Last edited:
tumblr_n61zilOPBZ1qezzczo1_1400892430_cover.jpg

You can listen to the full album on YouTube for free anyways, but I enjoyed it enough to put a Fiver down for the download.

15076331767_a6e894a9de_z.jpg

I was feeling a bit mellow so I bought four classic albums from the '60s and '70s. The very first album from Peter, Paul & Mary from 1962, the very first album from The Association from 1966, the very first album from The Mamas & the Papas from 1966, and Side 3, the third album from seminal power pop group the Raspberries from 1974.

My most recent on was P.O.D. - Testify, and before that it was Metallica - Ride the Lightning.

have purchased this as a cassette at least 9000 times, great album

fabric live 37 - caspa and rusko (dubstep ftw!)

caspa and rusko (MADFACE)(MADFACE)(MADFACE) BIG UPS FABRIC CREW !!!

Having actual CD cases is more fun though and looks cooler(imo) than a couple CD wallets

cant quite put my finger on it but i cant pass up cheap cds, even if they are not relevant to my interests / there is just some magic about having the cd with the jewel case and insert

Corrosion of Conformity - Deliverance (1994)

this was the album that got me into CoC and i recommend it, great album

so about two years or so (?) ago most of the pawn shops in town and near abouts started selling used cds for fifty cents sometimes a dollar if a double cd / most recent visit to pawn king i located these gems :

bee gees - greatest (double cd - bunch of goofy disco hits i grew up on and like)

papa vegas - hello vertigo (not bad, thought it was papa roach or something when i grabbed it ? idk)

fear factory - obsolete (THERE IS A FEAR FACTORY IN THIS SECTOR !!! ;-) awesome)

mariah carey - emotions (not bad)

mariah carey - merry christmas (perfect for my little nieces when we put tree up few days ago, there was ACTUAL xmas spirit for a minute / they love xmas trust me)

metallica - st anger (never owned it IRL so i purchased it, was missing audio cd but has a dvd / was only fifty cents, now i know why 1001)

the digital encyclopedia of sound effects - "This CD features the renowned retrieval system that allows you to instantly access each effect. This random access feature that allows this instantaneous selection is as important a development as CD technology itself." / O'RLY?!?! / i collect these silly things (mostly) for the catfight sample = used to crank it up at my (catlady)moms house behind a closed door and take the piss with the cats ;-) the guy working the pawn king was a younger hipster dude, was funny he didnt want me wasting fifty cents on it he was very politely trying to push me away from the purchase "you can probably find way more stuff on the internet, i wouldnt get too excited about that particular cd sir"

;-)

last cd i actually shelled big cash out for (brand new) was : the dub funk association - sounds of the heavyweight

it was somewhat LE pressing and i had to go to the 'cool' record store downtown to order it, waited couple weeks to get it / the finest reggae dub i have ever known

@Shaun @Small_Fryz @Robin. @Pinkintron I thought I would call you all here for a chance to grab a HD audio album free.

I have had an email today from Linn Audio to say their 24 Bit Christmas album can be downloaded free of charge. While I know you will want to spend the time with family and friends who can pass up quality free music.

Just go to this link - http://www.linnrecords.com/recordin...d38005d59-318027861&__utmv=-&__utmk=213908183

I'm not sure if you have to register or not but its 25 tracks from different artists all in HD studio quality FLAC files, they even have a high quality PNG cover. Let me know if it works for you and hope you all have a good Christmas and new year.

Thanks for that @Sprite, I have listened to a few and wow it's beautifully clear. If these were also 7.1 mixed it would be very impressive.

Now I can have a HD Christmas, none of this low definition nonsense :lol:

Not an Xmas goes by where a guest doesn't say "say Robin, don't you have any 24bit 192kb Flac encoded Xmas music?" Now I can say yessss! :lol:

OK I think I'm pissed already, have a good one 👍

@Sprite downloading now, will give it a listen after the kids go to bed.
Thanks again mate. 👍

Not a problem. I've flicked through it and some of the recordings are fantastic quality. It's a mixed bag of music.

Last edited:
Just couple of songs from iTunes:

My coworker told me that X-Files was his favorite show, and "Home" was his favorite episode. I'm now afraid of him, but this song by Johnny Mathis & vintage Cadillac was epic in it. :nervous:

@a6m5 I thought I recognized those horrifically ugly faces in the Youtube thumbnail. :lol:

-----------

Anyway, I got a voucher for a music store, so shopping spree!

Bruce Dickinson - Tattooed Millionaire

220px-TattooedMillionaire.jpg

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

Blackparadecover.jpg

My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

Danger_Days-album-2010.jpg

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World for Tomorrow

Coheed-And-Canbria-No-World-For-Tomorrow.jpg

Judas Priest - Turbo

Judas_Priest_Turbo.jpg

And I still have enough for one or two albums. :D

Latest Posts

Back