What Music Did You Buy?Music 

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 817 comments
Yesterday I bought Daft Punk - 'Discovery' for only £1! Today I got Death Cab For Cutie - 'Plans', what an album! I can't believe I didn't buy it earlier. :eek:

Yesterday I bought Daft Punk - 'Discovery' for only £1! Today I got Death Cab For Cutie - 'Plans', what an album! I can't believe I didn't buy it earlier. :eek:

Discovery is a great album. 👍 If you havn't already, I definately recommend getting the dvd Interstella 5555.

Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem (インターステラ5555, Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem?) is a feature-length Japanese animated film originally released in December 1, 2003. The film is the visual realization of Discovery, an album by Daft Punk. Each track from the album has been animated as an episode in the story of the abduction and rescue of an interstellar pop band. The film was produced by the creators of the Discovery album, along with Toei Animation, under the supervision of Leiji Matsumoto. The film has no dialogue and minimal sound effects

i'm tempted to buy "Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High"...........any comments/recommendations about this CD?

viper
According to some friends who have it, it contains some very good songs, and some absolute rubbish songs.

Don't know if that's any help to you :dunce:

I completely did not mention it, but a couple of weeks ago I picked up:

• The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
  • The Clash - London Calling
  • The Killers - Hot Fuss
Have not gotten around to listening to Hot Fuss yet, but I plan on it sometime soon. London Calling is very good stuff and well Pet Sounds is just wonderful.

i'm tempted to buy "Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High"...........any comments/recommendations about this CD?

viper

It's a fair amount different from the last album. I'd recommend it, there's still some smart, funny stuff on there, and I wouldn't judge it off the first single, because there are some better songs on it. Do you like his voice? If not, stay away; they weren't kidding in all the pre-release interviews when they said his voice is the focus of the album. It suits the R&B influences on the album, and I wouldn't doubt that has something to do with Babyface having a hand in the making of it. If you can take a listen anywhere (Myspace, Purevolume, etc), listen to Thanks For The Memories, it's a catchy little pop song.

So, uh, yeah, that's the only album I've bought recently. Not that there's other things I don't want, because there's plenty... I'm just broke right now.

yesterday i bought:

~ Fall Out Boy - Infinity on high: not as good as expected, but nice
~ Ill Nino - One Nation Underground: i love it, for me a great album 👍

viper

Just bought: -

The Killers- Hot Fuss.

Already had Sam's Town but I heard Mr Bright Side in Borders and had to ask muself why I didn't have it already.

Going to get

Fat boy Slim - Why Try Harder (Greatest Hits)

soon aswell.

I have the album, but have yet to take the time to listen to the whole thing. I have listened to the first couple of songs on it and that is it. :banghead:

I think I will pass, even though I have already ripped it to my computer and its on my iPod. It has been on there since Christmas, and I have yet to listen to it. Maybe I will start listening to it on my way to class later today.

Kruder & Dorfmeister - G-Stoned

1624480112.jpg

Got lucky and found one used. It's amazing how much good music you tend to miss out on. This one's over 10 years old!

Kruder & Dorfmeister - G-Stoned

1624480112.jpg

Got lucky and found one used. It's amazing how much good music you tend to miss out on. This one's over 10 years old!

Good find 👍 - have you got The K & D Sessions? It's worth seeking out if you haven't.

Good find 👍 - have you got The K & D Sessions? It's worth seeking out if you haven't.
I don't, but after listening to this CD, you can bet on it. 👍 I had never heard their music before, but ran into it while searching for name of the group in the "Guess the Band.." thread.

Cut Chemist and DJ Shadow - Brainfreeze
Longwave - Endsongs
Longwave - The Strangest Thing
Luna Halo - Shimmer
Sponge - New Pop Sunday
Shiny Toy Guns - We Are Pilots
Sponge - The Man
Dispatch - Wide Right Turns
The Tossers - Agony

Swell.

Grateful Dead - American Beauty
I've always been a casual fan, but this album appeals to me more than most of their stuff. It's very mellow and acoustic, with some terrific songs, including my favorite, ripple.

Xzibit - Full Circle
Nothing too special, although there are a few stellar songs on it. I expected more out of Xzibit to be honest.

Tv on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
I already had "Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes" which wasn't bad, but I had heard spectacular things about this album so I picked it up. I haven't really gotten into it yet, but I think I'll enjoy it more after a few more listens to it. It definitely seems like one of those albums that has to grow on you.

Let's see I have recently bought:

• Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
  • The Eagles - Hotel California
  • Eric Clapton - Unplugged

With the newest version of iTunes, I was able to rip Kasabian - Kasabian onto my computer. I have had the album for a while now, but was never able to rip it to my computer because of the write protection crap on it. Apparently the newest version of iTunes has a way around that.

What do you think of the new Arctic Monkeys album Vash? I've had it since the day of release and I quite like it, but it isn't as listenable or fun as their first album.

Back