What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
I finally replaced my Sony-Ericsson T610 today.
w600.jpg

It certainly isn't newest or the best, but as far as free phones go, this was the best I can do. RAZR V3C was much more portable and also was free($50 -$50 rebate), but I went with the phone with more toys. :D Also this is my 4th Ericsson/Sony-Ericsson phone, so I know what I'm getting into, as far as the ups and downs go.

This also meant a switch from T-Mobile to Cingular. T-Mobile has great service and thrifty plans, but their phones in my market downright sucked. I tried to haggle with them to give me a free RAZR(which I'm glad they didn't give me, now), but they wouldn't. I think they told me that the best deal they can give me for the RAZR(the old, stripped model too) was $79, and I think it was after the mail-in rebate. Today, when I cancelled my service, it was $49 with no rebates. :rolleyes:

Most impressive feature of my phone so far has not been the loud MP3 player, but the reception! From where I sit at work, I got 1 or 2 bar on a good day with my T610. With W600, I'm getting 4 to 5 bars. :eek:

Congrats, man! Is that the W600 or the W550? I think they're the same except for the batery?

I considered buying this one when I was looking for a new cell phone. 1.3mp camera and it seems great to play games, I just decided to spend a bit more cash and get a W800. It seems you got it on a good deal too, have fun with it. 👍

FatAssBR
Congrats, man! Is that the W600 or the W550? I think they're the same except for the batery?

I considered buying this one when I was looking for a new cell phone. 1.3mp camera and it seems great to play games, I just decided to spend a bit more cash and get a W800. It seems you got it on a good deal too, have fun with it. 👍
Thanks, Felipe. :) I guess it's called W600i. It's my first 2-year contract, so I just hope it lasts that long. :nervous:

I've had my T610 for almost couple of years(it felt a lot longer), but ever since I started using aftermarket battery, it started glitching bigtime.

PERFECT BALANCE
: Nice phone! I looked at V325 too, when I was shopping for my new phone. Very, very sleek looking unit. 👍

a6m5

PERFECT BALANCE
: Nice phone! I looked at V325 too, when I was shopping for my new phone. Very, very sleek looking unit. 👍
Thanks for the compliment, I didn't think it was anything special really, although I have to admit it looks very "sleek"

Your phone is also very awesome looking, I like those sort of phones.

I guess I suck then... I've got the good-ol' NEXTEL i730 from Motorola. It is pretty simple and rather robust, and being that I pretty much use it only for phone calls (well, really thats all I would plan on doing with it), it works out great.

3090_MotImage.jpg

When my plan goes up pretty soon, I think I'll pick up a camera phone from NEXTEL, otherwise I've considered a switch to T-Mobile. Only problem is, T-Mobile still sucks in Michigan (really, NEXTEL isn't much better in some cases), and they don't offer the NASCAR and GPS features that I occasionally use on my phone.

I've had the nokia 3650 for almost 4yrs now, still running strong. It'll be time for a new one in the next year or two... I still remember my family's old radio shack bag phone we'd put in whatever vehicle we were taking. The thing weighed about 25lbs and was annoyingly huge. Ahhhh the good old days!

nokia_3650.jpg

4 years! :scared:

YSSMAN
When my plan goes up pretty soon, I think I'll pick up a camera phone from NEXTEL, otherwise I've considered a switch to T-Mobile. Only problem is, T-Mobile still sucks in Michigan (really, NEXTEL isn't much better in some cases), and they don't offer the NASCAR and GPS features that I occasionally use on my phone.
I was with T-Mobile for years. Great service, great plans. For $45, I was getting unlimited wireless web access and 1000 anytime minutes. Only downfall to me was the coverage area. In Oregon, it's the smallest/worst amogst the major providers, and sounds like it's the same way in Michigan as well. I finally switched when I couldn't find a single phone I wanted to go with. I mean they wanted $80 for the stripped version of RAZR! :grumpy:

I replaced my old Sagem a few weeks back with a Sony Ericsson D750i, and I like it. It has a 2 megapixel camera and some other cool features, and it's nice to have a fairly modern phone for once.

I also got a new T-Mobile price plan as well, in which texts to any network only cost me 3p. So it's doubly good really. :)

a6m5
I was with T-Mobile for years. Great service, great plans. For $45, I was getting unlimited wireless web access and 1000 anytime minutes. Only downfall to me was the coverage area. In Oregon, it's the smallest/worst amogst the major providers, and sounds like it's the same way in Michigan as well. I finally switched when I couldn't find a single phone I wanted to go with. I mean they wanted $80 for the stripped version of RAZR! :grumpy:

Well it isn't that it is all that bad, but the problem is that the signals get lost quite quickly even in the areas that should have awesome reception. I switched from Verizon to NEXTEL last year because of the NASCAR features and the GPS systems available on the phones, as I thought it would be nice to have when I'm looking for somewhere where I have no idea where I am going.

I've been happy with NEXTEL for the most part, as it works well in town and out-and-about for the most part. The only times I've ever had a problem with it was when I ventured out into the "Great-White-North" near the "top of the hand." Signals were pretty much non-existant in some places.

T-Mobile has the same reputation as NEXTEL for pretty much going out of service when you head north. But for the most part, the signals are fine as long as you stay on the highway corridors and in the larger cities, of which for the most part, I do anyways.

The possible switch to T-Mobile would be to get better phones instead of the rather business-oriented NEXTEL models. It isn't that they are horrible, but I'd like to have a phone that actually looks nice at some point in my life...

YSSMAN
Well it isn't that it is all that bad, but the problem is that the signals get lost quite quickly even in the areas that should have awesome reception. I switched from Verizon to NEXTEL last year because of the NASCAR features and the GPS systems available on the phones, as I thought it would be nice to have when I'm looking for somewhere where I have no idea where I am going.

I've been happy with NEXTEL for the most part, as it works well in town and out-and-about for the most part. The only times I've ever had a problem with it was when I ventured out into the "Great-White-North" near the "top of the hand." Signals were pretty much non-existant in some places.

T-Mobile has the same reputation as NEXTEL for pretty much going out of service when you head north. But for the most part, the signals are fine as long as you stay on the highway corridors and in the larger cities, of which for the most part, I do anyways.

The possible switch to T-Mobile would be to get better phones instead of the rather business-oriented NEXTEL models. It isn't that they are horrible, but I'd like to have a phone that actually looks nice at some point in my life...
For my purchase, I looked into wirefly.com(I think it was called). They carry all major carriers, and deals were way better than what anybody offered locally here in Portland, Oregon area. But I ended up getting my Sony-Ericsson thru Amazon.com. On that paticular phone, they had the best deal. I didn't even know they sold cell phones. Only thing that kind sucked was Amazon and Cingular doesn't have their phone number transfer thing cordinated. So after I bought my phone, I found out that I had to get a new number, or the $50 rebates were no good!

Ive had my K700 for about a year and a half and the joystick has become dodgy, its really annoying :grumpy:Anyone else had this problem with their K700?

Slick Rick
Ive had my K700 for about a year and a half and the joystick has become dodgy, its really annoying :grumpy:Anyone else had this problem with their K700?

Apparently this is a common problem with this series of phonwe. I was actually advised not to buy my D75Oi because of it. I'll let you know how mine goes on, I've only had a month or so.

Aren't most phones in the UK designed for texting? Funny, as it still hasn't really caught on in the US completely.

Slick Rick
Both of the Sony-Ericssons I've used that had sticks had issues with them. I think dust gets in there or something, and had trouble moving in certain direction. My new one, W600i uses new buttons that works WAY better than regular directional buttons found on other phones.

Dead thread! Dead thread!

I just picked up a RAZR V3M at Verizon yesterday... so far, I love it!

Previous phones have been (in reverse chronological order) :

Samsung a670
Motorola 120e
Motorola v60
Kyocera 2035a

I purchased a Sony Ericsson K800 about a month ago which i still have and i also use a Nokia N91 which i have had for a good 3 and a half months now.

errr.... the list of handys I had:

- Motorola What-The-Heck-Dunno-Cont-Care: Sucked as hell... never wanted a motorola again for a long time... more later
- Siemens S10D: Very huge handy, got it from my dad. Dropped it very often very hard, but it never took any damage
- Nokia 3230: Good phone for my opinion in that time.
- Nokia 8210: Good phone too, but too small for my big fingers^^
- Motorola RAZR V3: I'm very happy with this phone, very lil space and no card-slot, but I dont need a smart-phone with lots of software atm... and I really dont see any need in a mp3-handy, to shoot photos with or sth. like that.

I hope to get a Blackberry soon, else I'll get me one of Sony Ericsson P9xx series.

I have the same problem with me T630. Usually if I smack my phone against my leg enough times it works. :dopey:

Appart from my cash shortage at the moment, it's the only thing niggling me about getting a K750i.

It's a common fault with Sony Ericssons, the joystick can be the first thing to break, doesn't cost much to fix though, you could probably do it yourself if you tried, depending on what's at fault if it's a switch you'll need a new one (switch that is, not phone) if it's a connection problem then thats easilly rectified.

It's a common fault with Sony Ericssons, the joystick can be the first thing to break, doesn't cost much to fix though, you could probably do it yourself if you tried, depending on what's at fault if it's a switch you'll need a new one (switch that is, not phone) if it's a connection problem then thats easilly rectified.
Where would you take it to be sorted?

Other than opening it up yourself there's got to be a phone shop that does repairs in your area, you don't need a high street shop, any that has the tools for the job will do it for you.

Other than opening it up yourself there's got to be a phone shop that does repairs in your area, you don't need a high street shop, any that has the tools for the job will do it for you.
I don't see how the main cover comes off :confused:

Only problem is I don't know of any independant phone shops. Ah well, I'll make the effort if it ever becomes too much of a problem.

You need tools for some of them, though sometimes a drawing compass works wonders :lol:.

Ditto here. I stopped using my K700i about 3 months ago, and sold it to one of my friends. I was using it the other day and the joystick nearly drove me insane...

i have a motorola razr v3x on contract

👍

Same here. By any chance is yours stupidly unresponcive when pages are loading or when exiting the browser? I also had a weird thing the other day when I charged it. It'd been plugged in for about a day, and it said "fully charged" so I unplugged it. It then started flashing the charging light and the battery level was at zero... Otherwise it's been great, but there's a few bugs that I've never had on Nokias or SEs.

Just replaced my Nokia N70 with a Nokia 6233 on Vodaphone Contract, so far I think Vodaphone is better than 3.

6233.jpg
6233_back.jpg

It has a 2 Megapixel Camera, MP3 Player, Video Recorder etc. But it also has Sudoku on it which I think is pretty cool. Oh, and of course, it has Snake on it.

Overall it's a very easy phone to use, much easier than the N70, even if it isn't as good overall, I prefer it, it's got a more of a 'Classic Nokia' feel to it which I like.

I'll probably end up selling my Nokia N70, but I really don't know what price I'd get.

Back