What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
Okay, now I'm trying to figure out how to transfer music from my computer to my phone. Does anyone know how this can be done without using iTunes? The OneXL is an Android phone, so I'm guessing I should use Windows Media Player.

It's been a while since i've transferred music (because every single song was on my NAS which then committed seppuku) but if I can recall correctly, you can just drag and drop music into android.

Just look for a music folder in your SD Card/Internal Memory and drop them in there. Android should read it once you unmount the phone from the PC.

Once again, I think that's how it works. I'll edit this post once I find my GSII and try sending music over using the above way.

Okay, now I'm trying to figure out how to transfer music from my computer to my phone. Does anyone know how this can be done without using iTunes? The OneXL is an Android phone, so I'm guessing I should use Windows Media Player.

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII running ICS 4.0.3 so I'm pressuming it'll be the same for you. I simply plug it into my PC via USB, open the phone in Explorer (it shows up as GT-i9100T-Card) and I simply copy it to a floder I made called 'Music'. If you want, I could take a few screenshots if it doesn't make any sense.

Before you plug your phone into the computer, go into settings on the phone and make sure your phone is set to connect in mass storage mode. I'm not sure where this setting is on an HTC is though. Once that's done, just plug in the phone and it should be recognised as external storage.

As all of the others have said will work or you can use a programme called HTC Sync that is available from their website which will allow you to access your iTunes library and transfer what is there to your phone :)

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII running ICS 4.0.3 so I'm pressuming it'll be the same for you. I simply plug it into my PC via USB, open the phone in Explorer (it shows up as GT-i9100T-Card) and I simply copy it to a floder I made called 'Music'. If you want, I could take a few screenshots if it doesn't make any sense.
No, that makes perfect sense, thank you. I thought it was odd when the phone charger came in the shape of a USB plug-in and trasformer, but now I know what else that cable can do.

No, that makes perfect sense, thank you. I thought it was odd when the phone charger came in the shape of a USB plug-in and trasformer, but now I know what else that cable can do.

You can also use the HTC Sync Manager software.

You can also use the HTC Sync Manager software.

But why? Drag and drop is so much faster.

I'm now using an HTC EVO 3D that I picked up from a friend, mostly to replace my EVO 4G with a broken screen.

OWkTc.jpg

But why? Drag and drop is so much faster.

I'm now using an HTC EVO 3D that I picked up from a friend, mostly to replace my EVO 4G with a broken screen.

OWkTc.jpg

Two friends of mine have Evo3Ds but they got sick of waiting for the official ICS update so they rooted them and installed vanilla ICS. 2 weeks later, the official update was released. :lol:

Two friends of mine have Evo3Ds but they got sick of waiting for the official ICS update so they rooted them and installed vanilla ICS. 2 weeks later, the official update was released. :lol:

Sprint hasn't rolled the ICS update out yet. I've got mine rooted with CleanROM, so it works fairly well. If I get impatient I'll probably load a deodex ICS ROM and go to town with it.

Just went from this - Motorola W315
motorola-w315-cell-phone-battery.jpg

To this - Galaxy Nexus Samsung
galaxy-nexus-product-image-1.jpg

So far I'm really liking Android 4.0

just thaught ild say, at work we are already getting galaxy SIII's in, and nearly all of them eather wont read the sim card or have audio problems, some no sound at all, others just earpiece or headphone jack wont work, most other problems seam to be caused by water damage :P

just thaught ild say, at work we are already getting galaxy SIII's in, and nearly all of them eather wont read the sim card or have audio problems, some no sound at all, others just earpiece or headphone jack wont work, most other problems seam to be caused by water damage :P

Have you had any Galaxy SII's come in that lose up to 40% of its battery charge as soon as its taken off charge?

At the Verizon store the employee couldn't get the first sim card to read but everything ran smoothly on the second one. The sound works fine on the phone, haven't tested the headphones though.

Overall I'm very happy with it, and it has a very intuitive UI. One downfall though is that this phone seems to have a shorter reception radius with the towers. But living 1/4 mile away from the tower makes downloading quite fast, it's set to be upgraded to 4G this fall.

I'm one of the few against touchscreen-phones, so I've had a Sony Ericsson W995 for like 2 years now. A phone I'll keep on having.

Have you had any Galaxy SII's come in that lose up to 40% of its battery charge as soon as its taken off charge?

not noticed that one yet, ill keept an eye out but it sounds like a faulty battery, or the power managment of the phone is hugly wrong

not noticed that one yet, ill keept an eye out but it sounds like a faulty battery, or the power managment of the phone is hugly wrong

It only started doing it after a minor update on Friday. I think I've fixed it (factory reset) but I'll give it a few days and ifnl it hasn't, I'll get it replaced.

yeh its werid how many things get fixed by doing a factory rest...but even when it does fix it .. customers are never happy "oh you done nothing but update the software", yeh but it fixed it didnt it!

My Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i is getting on a bit now.
Does anyone have any experience with the new Xperia models?

^ Yep.

However it is a little bit of a battery burner while you're using it, but in standby it's the best phone I've had in many years (Desire, Galaxy S2). If I don't use it overnight it only uses a couple of % or so regardless of what you leave open on it. The screen is amazing too.

I decided to upgrade my iPhone 4 from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 (Jailbroken) recently. I'm thinking there won't be any more major iOS releases until 6.0.

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but won't be upgrading until the iPhone 5 comes out. Not really interested in the 4S.

Has anyone gotten the Galaxy S3 yet and care to tell me about it? I kind of want it, since I'm getting tired of waiting for USCC to get the iPhone and it seems like a good buy. And I wasn't really digging Apple's iCloud anyway.

Back