What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
Do the android skins really affect the phones? I know it will make them slower but with the flagship specs on the last year or so, don't think you can notice it.

Well, my Galaxy Note 3 runs on an average of 1.6 GB of ram of its total 2.7 GB. Whereas my Nexus 7 (LTE Model) runs at an average of 300 mb of its total 1.5 GB.

Well, my Galaxy Note 3 runs on an average of 1.6 GB of ram of its total 2.7 GB. Whereas my Nexus 7 (LTE Model) runs at an average of 300 mb of its total 1.5 GB.

Meant in terms of lag and what not, but yeah that's a big difference in terms of ram usage.

Another question, If I get a phone with only 16 GB of storage, will it be enough ?

Meant in terms of lag and what not, but yeah that's a big difference in terms of ram usage.

Another question, If I get a phone with only 16 GB of storage, will it be enough ?
There can be especially on older Samsungs. Newer ones are running a leaner version that is a little bit closer to stock Android in looks and is better on the backend. Personally I run Nova Launcher on my HTC One and don't have any issues with the extra skin on top of the HTC skin on top of Android. And that's with 2gb of ram.

For todays apps and stuff I really don't think 16 GB cuts it anymore but I also have a lot of my music on my phone to avoid losing my entertainment when I run out of data range.

There can be especially on older Samsungs. Newer ones are running a leaner version that is a little bit closer to stock Android in looks and is better on the backend. Personally I run Nova Launcher on my HTC One and don't have any issues with the extra skin on top of the HTC skin on top of Android. And that's with 2gb of ram.

For todays apps and stuff I really don't think 16 GB cuts it anymore but I also have a lot of my music on my phone to avoid losing my entertainment when I run out of data range.

Yeah, I have a feeling a few month in 16 GBs will be an issue. Non expandable memory card phones are such a good idea.

I preordered. They initially told me it'd take about five to six weeks, but I'll probably habe it in about three weeks in total. Surprising, but who am I to argue with the good thing? :D

I preordered. They initially told me it'd take about five to six weeks, but I'll probably habe it in about three weeks in total. Surprising, but who am I to argue with the good thing? :D
Nice, they also said 5 or 6 weeks. Hopefully, I'll get an email saying something similar. The hype is real! :D

Hype indeed! I got my mail earlier today. Was utterly surprised to see it. Good thing I ordered two phones, one's for a friend of mine. Might be that that's why I'm getting lucky :lol:

/edit: Any idea how long the express shipping could take?

nokia-6120c-1.jpg

I'm 24 and have had this for 8 years.
Almost everyone my age has an iPhone or Galaxy or whatever.
At least no one is gonna rob me for my phone, lol.

My choice is the Nexus 5. But I'm a little bit suspicious, since I've been with android for almost 4 years..

They are both good choices, but it depends if you prefer android or iOs

RJS
My choice is the Nexus 5. But I'm a little bit suspicious, since I've been with android for almost 4 years..

I haven't used either. I need a really solid, no gimmicks OS, and I want it to (preferably) stand the test of time.

I currently have an old Iphone 3gs passed on to me by my mother in law who loves her gadgets. She currently has a 5s I think. This 3gs is pretty good and covers every personal need so I'll run it to the ground. Before this one I've had the all the lower end Nokias, all of them answered calls and sent texts without a problem and also had batteries that would last nearly a whole week.

I haven't used either. I need a really solid, no gimmicks OS, and I want it to (preferably) stand the test of time.

It's really up to you. Anyone of them is a good device. Nexus 5 is really confirmed to have the new Android and the 5C has the iOS 8... It's like choosing between PS and Xbox...

RJS
It's really up to you. Anyone of them is a good device. Nexus 5 is really confirmed to have the new Android and the 5C has the iOS 8... It's like choosing between PS and Xbox...
Probably going to go with the iPhone 5C, simply because it's a smaller device.

I recently purchased new phones for both my girlfriend and myself. I had an iPhone 4 (for 4~ years or so) and she was sporting the old blackberry.

Moving overseas and not wanting to commit to anything (or pay the ridiculous prices for a contract every month) I started looking into sim only deals and buying my phone separately.

This led me to buying a Chinese smartphone straight from China. I ended up buying two phones, the Jiayu G4S for my girlfriend and the Jiayu G6 for myself.

These phones are top of the line quality (octa core, 1080p screen etc) but the prices are way better. The G4S only cost $180 and my G6 was $300. They work really well and I saved a bunch of money compared to getting any fancy samsung or apple phone.

3DkJgR6.jpg

The one of the left is a 5.6 inch G6, the one on the right is the 4.7 inch G4S.

Our experiences with these phones are very positive and I can really recommend buying them directly from china. Please feel free to ask me anything about them! :)

RJS

Everybody's saying the battery is really bad, what are your thoughts?

Everybody's saying the battery is really bad, what are your thoughts?

It's possible. I don't have a Nexus 5, but I'll ask a friend of mine how does the battery behave. We has one and gives it a similar use that I give to my phone.
All I can say is that I have a Moto G (2014 model) and the battery is good for a day, with wi-fi and mobile data on.

RJS
It's possible. I don't have a Nexus 5, but I'll ask a friend of mine how does the battery behave. We has one and gives it a similar use that I give to my phone.
All I can say is that I have a Moto G (2014 model) and the battery is good for a day, with wi-fi and mobile data on.

I ordered a Moto G 2014 for my younger brother should be here next week, good to hear that 👍

I ordered a Moto G 2014 for my younger brother should be here next week, good to hear that 👍

And it's going to be even better, with the upgrade to Lollipop. No real dates announced, but I believe that we'll still see that on this year.

My OnePlus One arrived just now! The DHL informed me via parcel tracking that my elderly female neighbour signed for it. It's gonna be a long day at work today.

Latest Posts

Back