What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
So my iPhone 4S is finally startling to go wobbly after two and a half years, I was due an upgrade back in April but I like this phone so much I decided to switch to a sim-only deal on a monthly rolling contract until I decided to upgrade.

It's stopped syncing with my laptop over the last two days, the battery life is just getting worse and worse... Those are the only two complaints I have, though. I tried a friend's Xperia Z3 and was very impressed, so I'm thinking I might upgrade to that - I have absolutely no desire to get an iPhone 6 at this point, I had a look at one yesterday in an Apple store and I just wasn't impressed. I think it's time to try Android. The HTC One M8 seems nice but the reviews I've read suggest the differences between that and the Xperia Z3 are so marginal that it really comes down to which one you prefer aesthetically, and although the HTC has that dot matrix case I prefer the design of the Sony. I will try out the HTC before I decide, though.

I've recently bought a Xperia Z2 and it is astonishing, so a Z3 would be a safe bet, also great time to get into android with android L getting very high praise. Either way you can't go wrong with both phones.

Edit: you need to try the sizes though, the z2 took some getting used too because of how big it is.

If you're lucky enough to get an invite or if they have another one hour sale, you'll love it.

Yeah, from what I've saw, it's amazing, especially for the price. I'm just a little indifferent about whether I should get the OnePlus One or wait for the potential successor.

Yeah, from what I've saw, it's amazing, especially for the price. I'm just a little indifferent about whether I should get the OnePlus One or wait for the potential successor.
The OnePlus Two is scheduled for mid/late 2015, if I'm not mistaken. Given OnePlus' way of distributing their phones, it might take a bit of time on top of that to get one. Personally, I can't ask for much more than what the One does for me, so it was a good choice, especially since the Two might or might not be the same bang for your buck offer. But that's just me, of course, and my needs might be entirely different than yours when it comes to phones.

When you go into the battery stats in settings, what uses the battery the most?

Display uses the most, and second is Android OS. But the thing is, I use the display on lowest brightness and also the display time isn't really alot. Maybe the Display is just out of time and an energy sucker? It's one of those Super-AMOLED screens with 720*1280 pixels.

Or maybe it's just the Android OS which is too old... it's 4.3
I have rooted the phone, maybe another idea would be to put a custom Rom.

Display uses the most, and second is Android OS. But the thing is, I use the display on lowest brightness and also the display time isn't really alot. Maybe the Display is just out of time and an energy sucker? It's one of those Super-AMOLED screens with 720*1280 pixels.

Or maybe it's just the Android OS which is too old... it's 4.3
I have rooted the phone, maybe another idea would be to put a custom Rom.
Using a black background might help too and yeah, a custom ROM will breathe new life into your phone, and a custom kernel too.

Sony Ericsson Yari. I can sometimes hear it laugh when people are complaining about how their smartphones runs out of battery very quickly. Another great feature is that it has never heard of auto-"correct" (or auto-sabotage, as I call it), so the risk of sending misspelled texts is very small.

sony-ericsson-u100i-yari-b.jpg

TB
"Not all" is still more than the "none" that Apple offers.

The lack of replaceable batteries never bothered me with iPhones. I have no intent to ever carry 2 batteries with me, and by the time the batteries show signs of wear, I'm usually ready to upgrade anyway.

Replacing the batteries on the iPhone has been much easier since the iPhone 4.

I have no intent to ever carry 2 batteries with me
Nor do I.
by the time the batteries show signs of wear, I'm usually ready to upgrade anyway.
A few months ago I'd likely agree but I still liked my RAZR when the battery went. If I could have easily replaced the battery (keyword being easily ) I almost assuredly would have.

Question gents, getting random google search has stopped working (while not using a browser) also not sure if related but when I told google now to wake me up at 7:30 instead of creating an alarm as usual it set a reminder.

For example, my phone had a battery which very clearly had a sticker on top saying the battery was not user replaceable. And once you took the sticker off it took about 30 seconds to replace the battery.
Meanwhile on the OnePlus One:

"The battery is not removable on this device. If there's any issue regarding the battery, please contact a OnePlus customer service representative."

And if you saw this phone in person, you definitely don't want to open it. :lol:

Well, those of you with Nexus devices that haven't upgraded to Lollipop yet, don't. Mine just stopped being able to play videos. And it sounds like this is a major issue for everyone not on one Nexus device but ALL Nexus devices. Google better do something fast.

Well, those of you with Nexus devices that haven't upgraded to Lollipop yet, don't. Mine just stopped being able to play videos. And it sounds like this is a major issue for everyone not on one Nexus device but ALL Nexus devices. Google better do something fast.

Eh?

No issues here at all on a Nexus 5.

No problems here in the UK on my Nexus 5!

Gents, I have a quick question. What difference does the different class types make when purchasing a SD card, I know a class 10 is faster than a class 4 but what significant benefits does it also have?

@Saidur_Ali

Last edited:
Gents, I have a quick question. What difference does the different class types make when purchasing a SD card, I know a class 10 is faster than a class 4 but what significant benefits does it also have?
That's it. The "class" is a speed rating, nothing more nothing less. No other benefits, significant or otherwise, are implied.

@Saidur_Ali
Faster sustained writing speeds, good for high quality video recording, some slower cards might not be fast enough to record at highest quality for example. If also you can move apps to SD, should load quicker than slower SD card. I have one of these which are very fast and reliable: Link

That's it. The "class" is a speed rating, nothing more nothing less. No other benefits, significant or otherwise, are implied.
Faster sustained writing speeds, good for high quality video recording, some slower cards might not be fast enough to record at highest quality for example. If also you can move apps to SD, should load quicker than slower SD card. I have one of these which are very fast and reliable: Link

Thanks guys, is it worth spending the extra cash though (I have an offer of a 32 gb class 4 for one third of Saidur's link) I don't mind the extra loading times for apps and will record my 4k videos on the internal storage.

Thanks guys, is it worth spending the extra cash though (I have an offer of a 32 gb class 4 for one third of Saidur's link) I don't mind the extra loading times for apps and will record my 4k videos on the internal storage.
Depends on brand and model, if it is this one: Link then probably worth buying if memory cards are expensive in Egypt. Personally I think it is better to have extra space and speed and maybe the 64GB price might come down further as it seems it is much more expensive for that one compared to the 32GB one in comparison to UK prices.

Back