What's the brightest car's headlights ?

• Thread starter lGNAl
  • 19 comments
Saudi Arabia
Riyadh
l1stPlacel
It's very annoying to have to turn up the screen brightness to almost the highest level from the start in an online race in order to see properly during pitch black tracks/areas. And I hate turning on the driving line just to see where I'm going (if it was allowed).

The brightest I've noticed were/are the LMP cars, especially the new ones. In order of brightest as a general category:
  1. The 'premium' LMP's.
  2. Other types of 'premium' racecars.
  3. 'Standard' LMP's.
  4. 'Standard' racecars.
  5. 'Premium/semi-premium' car's.
  6. 'Standard' car's.
What I'm most interested in are road car's. Which of them have the brightest headlights ? ... Some car's like the Alpine A110 '72 has three sets but only two work. So its not necessarily the number of light's.

What are the top three or five brightest headlights from each category above ?

I can only remember a few.
The Audi R18 was really bad, could barely see anything.
The Audi R8 LMP was pretty good, I had no issues with that one.
The Mercedes CLK DTM car seemed pretty good.
The Subaru GT300 Base Model was very good.

Bentley EXP Speed 8 has brighter headlights.
But the Renault Maxi Turbo 5 Rally Car has better headlights though despite being standard.

But in all seriousness, I think majority of the premium cars have good headlights if you turn the brightness on your screen up to the max. I typically tend to stray away from standard cars at night.

....As long as we are playing this game, my bit is: FGTs. I was gonna say Ferrari F1 cars, but since they are not in GT6 anymore, so....
I tried to drive one at night in La Sarthe back in GT5. That was fun.....

Seriously though? Several supercars seems to have the "brightest" headlamps, such as Bugatti Fatron Veyron, Zonda R, etc, etc. I could be wrong tho' because of late I haven't done a lot of night-time driving...

Can we get some actual answers, please?
No, because if we type down something that is exactly the opposite of what the thread is asking for, it's automatically hilarious!

In all seriousness, I've noticed that the majority of models of premium cars after 2007 have the brightest headlights. Even the 1986 Quattro, with all those damn lights can't light anything compared to something like a Mini Cooper '10 for example.

However, take into account that not even the car with the brightest headlights could take you around Willow Springs at night safely. The lighting engine, the reflective objects, and if the track offers street lights are a large factor to how well everything will be shown at night.

The Nissan Schulze GT3 and the Audi R8 Ultra GT3 - Team Phoenix probably have the best headlights for night racing...

It's very annoying to have to turn up the screen brightness to almost the highest level from the start in an online race in order to see properly during pitch black tracks/areas. And I hate turning on the driving line just to see where I'm going (if it was allowed).

The brightest I've noticed were/are the LMP cars, especially the new ones. In order of brightest as a general category:
  1. The 'premium' LMP's.
  2. Other types of 'premium' racecars.
  3. 'Standard' LMP's.
  4. 'Standard' racecars.
  5. 'Premium/semi-premium' car's.
  6. 'Standard' car's.
What I'm most interested in are road car's. Which of them have the brightest headlights ? ... Some car's like the Alpine A110 '72 has three sets but only two work. So its not necessarily the number of light's.

What are the top three or five brightest headlights from each category above ?

All of the Alpine's lights work. Two of the sets are only used in rain though.

The Lancia Stratos equipped with the extra headlights is probably one of the best.

Pretty sure there is only a small bunch of different ilumination capabilities within all 1200 cars. Lets say 5 or 6. And then there's the light colour (yellow, OEM yellowish, white and blue)

Back