What's the hardest event in GT history?

• Thread starter SCER
  • 431 comments

Which is hardest?

• Total voters
I don't remember them all, but the historic cup in GT5 was super hard. The only cars that could do it were super expensive and there was like 1 cheap car that could do it, but was a 1 in a million shot. I played it for hours and finally beat it.

I don't remember them all, but the historic cup in GT5 was super hard. The only cars that could do it were super expensive and there was like 1 cheap car that could do it, but was a 1 in a million shot. I played it for hours and finally beat it.
I don't know, i did b-spec and season a-spec and b-spec, i got the redbull vettel with level 35.
Did the b-spec like the wind, got the toyota 7, and did the historic cup with that one.
After buying the chaparrel 2j, i did it again, but the toyota 7 is faster, but the 2j handled better.

We should add to the poll:
GT6 kart 125 shifter championship.
Just impossible no?
I had troubles with the 100cc karts, but when i found out how to set my controller and kart
i did all kart events, only troubles i had was the GT-arena, but the key is, don't go too fast into the corners.
The 125 shifter was fun, only needed three more tries to gold the arena.
But i had lots of troubles with the senna kart.
Still have to retry the senna WSR and senna lotus, no gold yet.

GT4 Mission 34 hands down. I could never get better than 5th. If I retry it though with a wheel (if I had one :() I can get it done because the physics are more forgiving in GT4 from GT6

I don't know, i did b-spec and season a-spec and b-spec, i got the redbull vettel with level 35.
Did the b-spec like the wind, got the toyota 7, and did the historic cup with that one.
After buying the chaparrel 2j, i did it again, but the toyota 7 is faster, but the 2j handled better.

I had troubles with the 100cc karts, but when i found out how to set my controller and kart
i did all kart events, only troubles i had was the GT-arena, but the key is, don't go too fast into the corners.
The 125 shifter was fun, only needed three more tries to gold the arena.
But i had lots of troubles with the senna kart.
Still have to retry the senna WSR and senna lotus, no gold yet.
Yea , GT5 B spec I thought was fun but it was difficult to complete the Historic cup. I waited until my Bob was at lvl 40 and then did it, didn't win by much though.
I also agree with the karts in general. They're fun but hard to drive. It's like one wrong move and that's it, game over. But if the 125 shifter wasn't championship based, then it would be much easier to do as I wouldn't have to keep repeating the championship to get the gold.

Yea , GT5 B spec I thought was fun but it was difficult to complete the Historic cup. I waited until my Bob was at lvl 40 and then did it, didn't win by much though.
I also agree with the karts in general. They're fun but hard to drive. It's like one wrong move and that's it, game over. But if the 125 shifter wasn't championship based, then it would be much easier to do as I wouldn't have to keep repeating the championship to get the gold.
Wait...GT5 Historic b-spec monaco, that one was hard. always the b-spec driver would drive into the wall at one of the chicanes.
The chicane after the tunnel, or the chicane before the finishline.
Yes..b-spec monaco historic..........10 laps, and then at the 9th lap, he hit the wall and let 5 cars pass.

This Eiger Nordward challenge was harder to get gold on than the S.Vettel Challenge in GT5 (to me personal). The Eiger Nordward challenge was the last event i needed gold on to platinum GT5. It took me a weekend to gold medal S.Vettel on Monza, Suzuka & Nurburgring using a DFGT but it took me more than a week to get that Eiger Nordward gold medalled in the Alfa 8C using a T500RS.

S.Vettel Challenge on Suzuka was easier than Nurburgring imo. Could be because i've driven Suzuka a lot more than Nur F1 layout.

Event: Grand Tour
Track: Eiger Nordwand
Car: Alfa Romeo C8 Competizione
Transmission: Manual
Aids: TCS 2, ABS 1
Controller Sensitivity: 0
Time: 1:16:853

I would say a hard one is Mission 34, that 2 minute wait on the ring with the benz.
There is also Mission 22(skylines on test course where you had to work with the AI to get infront).

GT1: License Test in Trial Mountain using the Skyline. 🤬 when you're turning, you need to stay around the 50-60mph mark to win. I can only do 45-50.
GT2: Rome Circuit using the Alfa 155 Touring Car, man 🤬 test. Touring car + Track with sharp corners= :banghead:
GT3: Professional League Vitz Race. Ughhh, its terribly long especially the Test Course. EPIC FAIL.
GT4: FGT Championship
GT5: Grand Tour Eiger Nordwand with Alfa 8C, I almost threw my controller out of frustration but I shouldn't get angered that quickly. Even when I turned off the assists, the car suffers too much understeer so Eiger is not good for the Alfa.
GT6: The last Goodwood event with the X2011, Low speed track with this car, another EPIC FAIL event.

So of all the events I hate, I think the Vitz Race really ticked me off. :dunce::grumpy:

Wait...GT5 Historic b-spec monaco, that one was hard. always the b-spec driver would drive into the wall at one of the chicanes.
Yes..b-spec monaco historic..........10 laps, and then at the 9th lap, he hit the wall and let 5 cars pass.
Yep, excatly. Almost threw my PS3 aganist a 🤬 wall because of that event.

Yep, excatly. Almost threw my PS3 aganist a 🤬 wall because of that event.

I fixed that once i knew i had to slow the driver down in the tunnel and before the right corner before that other chicane.

But i now know what you all mean with the monaco , you mean the B-spec...
because a-spec monaco was simple with the 2j or the toyota 7.
My hardest events were and are always the full nurburgring above 600pp, then i get scared and twitchy.
I really really hate that narrow long track.And in GT6 it is even harder then in GT5.
yup, nurburgring is my nemesis. I like the Nurburg GP/D or the GP/F, not the big track.

The Sebastian Vettel X Challenges were definitely difficult, but it is hands down Mission 34 in GT4, particularly if you had the NTSC version of the game, where the mission was significantly more difficult than for PAL users. I wouldn't consider myself a slouch, but that mission took me days to finally get done. Having to be so fast and having to avoid making any mistakes at all on such a track in such a far was extremely difficult. Also, having to sit still for 2 minutes waiting to go again after each failure was incredibly frustrating and killed your rhythm.

Another one that's sure to give you a surprise that people seem to forget about is the Opel Speedster One Make Race in GT4. Bring a stock Opel into that race and to your shock you will find it to be a 200pt race, with opponents fully tuned and on Super Soft tyres. Even when you level the playing field it wasn't easy. One of the few times the AI have ever given me trouble in any GT game.

Last edited:

Yeah, you had to interact with Bob and cool him down a lot more in this race than any other.

The only event I've ever not been able to gold in the Gran Turismo series is the Suzuka Sebastian Vettel event on GT5. I don't know if it's different on a wheel - times are quite often a decent bit quicker for wheel users when settings are unchangeable - but on a DS3 at least it was very hard. Monza was fine, only took a few attempts; Nurburgring was difficult and took a few hours to gold, but I probably put in getting on for 20 hours at Suzuka to end up with a best time of 2:11.8xx. A properly hard challenge that made me forget about going for the GT5 platinum.

Second would probably be the Alfa 8C at Eiger Nordwand, which was quite a frustrating one, probably more so than the Nurburgring Vettel X Challenge, and I vaguely remember one of the GT4 missions being a bit of a pain too, but I can't remember which.

I'd say the B-Spec Monaco races were more based on luck; if he wasn't going for an overtake into the chicane he was generally alright, so you just needed him to clear cars early and end up in some free space on that part of the track. Frustrating, but not necessarily difficult.

So far I think GT6 is the easiest game of the series, both in terms of average game difficulty and in terms of outright hardest events. It's a shame, really...

Vettel Challenge in GT5 definitely, but what should be on the list is also the second Top Gear challenge with the Lotus Elise on CH-tyres (if you didn't turn on SRF).

For me it's the Special License with the GT-One @Monaco from GT3. I mean, compared to some other challenges here it's a piece of cake... But GT3's S8 test holds a special place in my heart as it was the first time in my life I really felt cheated by a game. I was like, "you can't be serious! There's no way a human being drove this car on this track so fast!". Oh, how naive I was...

Anyone else remember getting the kiddie prize in gt2? Scariest smiley face I had ever seen.

I haven't played GT1 or GT2, and I have golded everything in GT4, 5 and 6. One thing I never golded in GT3 was a license test using a C5 Corvette, simply going around in a circle. A skidpad test! At the time I didn't have a wheel, and being a newbie at driving games may have hampered me a bit.

The Sebastian Vettel X Challenges were definitely difficult, but it is hands down Mission 34 in GT4, particularly if you had the NTSC version of the game, where the mission was significantly more difficult than for PAL users. I wouldn't consider myself a slouch, but that mission took me days to finally get done. Having to be so fast and having to avoid making any mistakes at all on such a track in such a far was extremely difficult. Also, having to sit still for 2 minutes waiting to go again after each failure was incredibly frustrating and killed your rhythm.

Another one that's sure to give you a surprise that people seem to forget about is the Opel Speedster One Make Race in GT4. Bring a stock Opel into that race and to your shock you will find it to be a 200pt race, with opponents fully tuned and on Super Soft tyres. Even when you level the playing field it wasn't easy. One of the few times the AI have ever given me trouble in any GT game.
I had to cheat my way through that one. But won the R89 after that so I guess it was worth it.

GT5 Vettel at Suzuka... Mission 34 GT4 was hard at first, but after a while I just enjoyed beating that challange as a routine. 8C Eiger Nordwand in GT5 was damn hard too.... Despite beeing a Alfaholic, that Challenge made me hate the 8C, luckily Alfa have 4C as an alternative now ;)

Sorry if I'm bumping an old thread again, but this was a very interesting topic that should be resurrected.

Here's my hardest challenges:
  • The one license on GT PSP at where you have to pass an Enzo... with a Countach... on Monaco.
  • GT5 Vettel Challenges (never even bronzed)
  • GT4 Mission 34 (took 2 weeks)
  • GT6 Tomahawk X seasonal (Red Bull in steroids around the Green Hell)
  • GT5 Formula GT Championship (very long and boring, and at least the GT4 one gives you a Sauber, not a rubbush Caterham!)

Never saw this thread xD

Looking at the poll... had to be the RUF on Complex String for me. I was pretty young when I was trying that and I learnt the meaning of ragequit over and over and over...

Sorry if I'm bumping an old thread again, but this was a very interesting topic that should be resurrected.

Here's my hardest challenges:
  • The one license on GT PSP at where you have to pass an Enzo... with a Countach... on Monaco.
  • GT5 Vettel Challenges (never even bronzed)
  • GT4 Mission 34 (took 2 weeks)
  • GT6 Tomahawk X seasonal (Red Bull in steroids around the Green Hell)
  • GT5 Formula GT Championship (very long and boring, and at least the GT4 one gives you a Sauber, not a rubbush Caterham!)
IMO GT4 FGT is much harder and longer than GT5...

The infamous Mission 34, those 1 lap magic missions in general, waiting alone every time you fail is annoying. I have done only the first one. Mission with Skylines on Test Course, after many tries and tutorial videos I made it. Many of those were really hard, licences especially, there were only a few tests that I done gold but I'm really bad at driving to this day. Tried Mission 34 today, without component cable. Graphics were a mess. :lol: Speedster Race is pretty much impossible as well to me.

I'd have to go with the Vettel Challenge. I bronzed it, and that was that. I never wanted to touch that test ever again. I don't have quick enough reflexes to gold that bad boy with the DS3.

Mission 34 is easily runner-up for me. It's the only test/race/challenge I haven't beaten in the GT series other than the Vettel Challenge (GT3 on as I've never played 1 or 2). However, I feel like I could probably go back and beat it at some point if I really felt like it. It might take some time to get used to the old physics in GT4, but I reckon I'd be able to eventually pass it. After having driven so many miles around the Nurb since GT5, I know the course like the back of my hand now.

Honorable mentions:
GT3 Toyota GT-One at Monaco. Being younger, I had trouble with this one. Can't touch the walls, easy to spin out...
GT4 Nissan Skyline at the Test Course. Seemed like it would be simple, but I had to look up a tutorial to figure it out...
GT5 B-Spec at Monaco. I have never wanted to kill B-Spec Bob any more in my life. :lol: I don't know about you, but when trying to overtake someone at the chicane after the tunnel, I generally don't turn into the wall 3 feet too early. If I did, I think I would have learned my lesson, not turn into the wall early again, and again, and again....:mad:

It depends on what degree this question is asking. It was hard for me to get gold in GT5's Vettel X Challenge but I bronzed after like 2-3 tries.

However B-Spec races at Monaco were absolutely HORRIBLE! I don't think my B-Spec drivers have ever won a race at Monaco. They always get spun out on that hairpin turn or they hit the wall on the chicane trying to overtake someone. It's a tie though for GT4's Final mission at The Nurburgring. TO THIS DAY, I have still YET to beat it! I don't know why I can't do this mission. lol it's been 11 years and I still can't even get silver on it!

Back