What's the most difficult video game or part of it, mission, level, or bosses you ever finished?

- Renault Avantime Mission Hall
- TOCA 2 on Expert mode
- MGS 2/3/4 on European Extreme

Liquid Snake, MGS1, Extreme

If you did not manage to get the constant punch exploit you can do on Liquid, you were in a long day/night.

Granted, I've never played FFVIII, nor do I paticularly see me doing so (I just got onto FFVII disc 2 before getting bored)
VIII wasn't great. The plot took a long time to go anywhere, and objectives were unclear. There was one point where I had to speak to a particular character to open up the next section, but I didn't know that I had to speak to them, and so I lost hours searching for something that couldn't be found. And the Junction System was both extremely complex and under-explained, so it was very easy to create enormously-powerful characters or hopeless ones through trial-and-error. So you didn't miss much.

IX, on the other hand, was a throwback to traditional character classes, so roles were much more rigidly defined. You had to think about the situation you were in and who was best-suited to it. And the plot was pretty clear.

PSP version was called Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins. Original arcade version is more difficult, rated by many one of the most difficult games ever created. Apparently if you beat the final boss, it tells you that it was a trap devised by Satan, and makes you play the entire game again on a higher difficulty, in order to to get to the real final boss
GnG_Enemy_Red_Arremer.gif
GnG_Enemy_Satan.gif
It's brutal stuff. A game where a weapon upgrade proves to be a downgrade. Avoid that stupid freakin' damn fire torch like the plague....... Twitch.

Teenage mutant ninja turtles on the NES, it took me so long to beat that game. The final two levels were hard enough besides having to beat the technodrome and then Shredder too. If you died you had to start the whole level again.

I forget its name, but there's a mission early in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that caused me no end of grief. You have to fight your way through a group of Russians, then escape on the back of a motorcycle down the Los Santos River. I remember it because the checkpoints were unevenly staggered, so if you died, you had to go back and redo a pretty tough fight.

I forget its name, but there's a mission early in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that caused me no end of grief. You have to fight your way through a group of Russians, then escape on the back of a motorcycle down the Los Santos River. I remember it because the checkpoints were unevenly staggered, so if you died, you had to go back and redo a pretty tough fight.
Mission: Just Business

Supply Lines is still the Hardest GTA Mission in my book

I don't remember "Supply Lines". Some of the really painful missions, like the remote-controlled aeroplane ones, were thankfully missable.

The archers of Anor Londo in Dark Souls. I was stuck for 3 months!! I didn't want to check a walkthrough of playthrough on youtube so it was just incredibly frustrating. Then when I passed them I couldn't believe how glad I felt.

I have a few memories

DRIVETHREER forklift mission in Nice - Took me days to do this, made me resent crates in all video games

NEED FOR SPEED CARBON Darius Carbon Run - Took 2 hours in a fully tuned Gallardo to do this

GT4 IA Grad Test - Absolute HELL

GTA LCS Chainsaw Warehouse Mission - Died over 100 times

GTA SA Los Santos Mall Mission - Damn SMG's

Hardest Game would be GTA LCS

I had a hard time with the Lingering Will in KH2FM. Issue with him is that he is very unpredictable. Every time you died he uses a different moveset and it's very difficult to know which move he'll make once the battle starts. The ironic thing is that his desperation moves can be dodged pretty easily and when you do it right you can just loop him. I managed to narrowly defeat him while emulating the game but I didn't touch him on the HD remake.

Sweet Jesus, that one part in the REmake (Resident Evil remake on the gamecube) where you had to tread your way room after room while holding an extremely unstable nuclear(?) reactor... VERY carefully... While dealing with walls and freaking Chimeras which make you go BOOM upon touch.

Zillion on the Master System, no passwords, no saves, just endless rooms that all look the same...

Alma on Ninja Gaiden for Original Xbox, the fight in the church, dear god...

Every Shao Kahn fight ever with anyone but Sub-Zero... (Oh, you want to be cheap? Well, two can play that game)

There's probably more, I'll come back later... :cheers:

I believe the hardest ( incomplete ) for me would be the 3rd emerald stage in Sonic Heroes (Ps2). I still have yet to complete that stage, then I can go against to final boss. But the hardest mission that I have passed would definitely be the final mission in Driver. After what seemed like ten-thousand tries, I managed to beat it ( without throwing the controller at the wall )

First level in Driver on PS1. It and the last mission are the hardest in the whole gane

Enigma from Puzzle & Dragons Z

marcos_262292.jpg

🤬🤬🤬🤬

What this game did right was some fantastic bosses throughout the main story, each had their own abilities to make each fight interesting and intense, and the difficulty was pretty nice as well.

Too bad none of that applies to this 🤬

This boss doesn't have much new, instead he absorbs the previous Bosses into and has their special abilities which leads to this fight being absolutely brutal and a HUGE difficulty spike, as you are no only fight Enigma, but the heads of the previous bosses and they all can attack individually with their Abilities. Even if you do manage to defeat some of the heads. Enigma has the ability to revive all the lost heads which also removes any status effects you put on the Boss.

I might as well go through all the Boss head effects that they can put on you (and they can stack)

• Wood - Has the ability to power-up every Head and Enigma (attacks every 3 turns)
  • Water - Can Freeze up your screen partially blinding you for 2 turns (attacks every 3 turns)
  • Fire - Halves your HP (attacks every 2 turns)
  • Dark - Blacks out all your orbs (attacks every 2 turns)
  • Light - Can Paralyze 2 of your Monsters for 3 turns and can Heal every other Head as well as Enigma removing most of your progress (attacks EVERY TURN!!!!!!!!)
If you get hit by the Light Heads Paralyze Move, twice. You might as well give up. There is no way you can recover from that.

Enigma is also super bulky. Getting a Combo of 6 doesn't even reduce his HP that much. Also you can only attack him every 2 turns for 2 turns as his "core" only opens and closes every 2 turns. He also changes type so Mono type Teams need to beware.

Even if you do things right, it is a VERY long fight. I've never seen anyone beat it for the first time in under 40 turns.

This is my strategy for FINALLY taking down this evil creation
  • Have the lead be a Monster with a Healing Ability. You'll need as much health as you need to survive the attacks.
  • Have one of your monsters with the Long Howl ability, allows you to attack everything for 3 turns
  • Have one of your monsters with the Armour Break Ability, reduced defense for 3 turns which makes the fight a little easier when it comes to taking out the heads.
  • If you can't activate any abilities, ALWAYS GO FOR THE Light Head. It'll give you the most trouble.
  • Go for the Fire Head if you can't activate any abilities and the Light Head is destroyed. That way you won;t have to worry as much about your HP suddenly being cut in Half.

As for an entire game. I would say this game is the most difficult game:
SMB2title.gif

This was a real test of your skills in Mario. The 1st World pretty much has the same difficulty as World 8 in the original and then World 8 in this game can be truly brutal (though I always found World 8-3 in this game to be way easier than World 8-3 in the original). However, I really did enjoy this test of skill. Every time I beat level, I feel like I proved myself as a Mario player and I felt a huge sense of accomplishment for beating the game, and I don't reckon this game was unfair the only way you can beat this game is by doing perfect platforming and well timed jumps like every other difficult Platformer.

Honestly, this is the only Mario game I found really difficult and end up laughing on the "difficult" levels in later Mario Games (SMG2 Final Level especially, it was way easier than what people said).

Last edited:
Ninja Gaiden II (360) on Master Ninja. Explosive projectiles everywhere. Enemies that can one shot you, the ****ING dogs. A really intense experience. Ch. 11 on MN is just insane.

Back