Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,154 comments
Just bought the cockpit from CNT. I needed a 2nd rig for split screen racing. I'll update with a review once I try it out.

Looking into the Open Wheeler Advanced cockpit. Sturdy and adjustable with well bolstered seat.
At 6' 4" and 240 I need a strong rig. Anyone got other suggestions let em fly.

That looks sweet. How does it feel and how tall are you?
I Love the rig and I'm 6ft 3. Everything is adjustable, and the weight limit is hight at 330 lbs. The back of the seat folds down for storage and there's a built in handle under the pedals of you want to hang it. And the shift mount came with it. Fanetec charges $50. Only issue is a bar in the back of the seat but I picked up foam for $4 at my local arts store.

I Love the rig and I'm 6ft 3. Everything is adjustable, and the weight limit is hight at 330 lbs.

I bought it from eBay GENERAL. It's very much like the Open Wheeler and the Play Seat. But you really can't beat the price anywhere. Has everything that is important to me, seat bolster, adjustable length and wheel adjustment with pedal rake angle adjustment. Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll give some feedback once I have it setup (17NOV)

I bought it from eBay GENERAL. It's very much like the Open Wheeler and the Play Seat. But you really can't beat the price anywhere. Has everything that is important to me, seat bolster, adjustable length and wheel adjustment with pedal rake angle adjustment. Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll give some feedback once I have it setup (17NOV)
Honestly for the price you can't beat it. And it has support bars off the back of the rig so I went down to Lowes and grabbed some spacers (either hard plastic or fender washers, whatever you prefer) and I put them in between the seat and the rig to recline the seat further back and give it a bit more realism. try that on a rig with no rear support and you'll flip. The mod isn't in the picture, this is from when I first built it.
487622_10202722407887779_1922440793_n.jpg

Under $80.00. hhmmm. that is a tough order. I would say you would be looking at used. You can try the obvious ebay or better yet search inside sim racing. They have a buy sell section for all driving hardware. I found a Fanatec stand there for $50.00. good luck.

I'm looking foward to buy a steering wheal, pedals and shifters. My budget is pretty low, just for fun, nothing much serious. Could you please recommend me some of these?

I'm looking foward to buy a steering wheal, pedals and shifters. My budget is pretty low, just for fun, nothing much serious. Could you please recommend me some of these?

Hi Fenez, we use the G-25 and G-27 in our rigs and find them to be excellent value and reliable. The G-25 you see in the video has been used for6 years now.

Logitech wheels tend to be the best value, and tough. Fanatec makes a couple mid range wheels too, but I don't have any experience on those.

Driving Force GT is the cheapest, it's running about $140 these days, plastic/rubber wheel, up/down shifter knob, kinda lame pedals but they can be fixed somewhat, PC/PS3 (licensed w/a PS button) compatible. I think it's a great wheel for a casual player, cheap, easy to set up, and IMO anything less isn't worth wasting $$ on.

G27 is the successor to the G25 ClassicRS suggested. Nicer leather/metal wheel, separate 6 speed shifter with MUCH better pedals, and also PC/PS3 compatible, but not licensed. It's your entry level to serious wheels, runs about $250, little more complex to set up, but well worth the extra.

I know this is going to sound like complaining, and it is to a degree. That said, I can't believe what some of these companies are charging for their products. A simulated driving experience can NEVER replace performance driving for real. These prices are approaching if not passing go fast parts for your real car. Anyway, rant over.

I think I have narrowed it down to the GTR Racing Sim GTA or Sim-seats SR-X. I like the Zalem Z27, but it appears they don't ship to the US.

Does anyone have any comments on the GTA model? Particularly seat comfort and chassis stability/rigidity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23076489459...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_5437wt_3816

I know this is going to sound like complaining, and it is to a degree. That said, I can't believe what some of these companies are charging for their products. A simulated driving experience can NEVER replace performance driving for real. These prices are approaching if not passing go fast parts for your real car. Anyway, rant over.

I think I have narrowed it down to the GTR Racing Sim GTA or Sim-seats SR-X. I like the Zalem Z27, but it appears they don't ship to the US.

Does anyone have any comments on the GTA model? Particularly seat comfort and chassis stability/rigidity.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23076489459...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_5437wt_3816
Same rig, less cash... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-special-pricing-for-gtplanet-members.267620/

I suppose that this is a dig and me and our product.

We have been working two years on this project, three if one includes the first car which I built by myself - completely out of timber, at home in a spare room. If one is adept at wielding the simplest of diy tools you can complete a car like ours out of timber and fiberglass for around $600.

Personally I think that something looking similar to a real car, looks far better than the "gyncologist" chairs on offer. Add to that the fact that the sound system, being inside the body - sounds terrific. Another plus that all the cables are routed inside the body which is a great benefit too. Mountings for wheel and shifter are solid and so far infalable.

As a point of note - the feedback of the G-27 is a little lacking compared to a Caterham CSR 200, where as the 1966 Shelby 350 in Historic GT & Touring Car is almost identical (we have both cars in real life).

Did you experience the wheel out of alignment issue some have reported? Any wheel hard mounting issues with the wheel, pedals or shifter (if using G27, and hard mounting of course)?

No alignment issues and no problems with drilling and hard mounting, but I do use a T500RS and I do own an older (2006) version of the oZone. Still, I think the T500RS specifically was the wheel they were having trouble drilling for as it's kind of large compared to the G27.

I think regarding the alignment issue Inside Sim Racing eventually fessed up that they had built it wrong, hey, nobody's perfect, right? =)

I suppose that this is a dig and me and our product.

We have been working two years on this project, three if one includes the first car which I built by myself - completely out of timber, at home in a spare room. If one is adept at wielding the simplest of diy tools you can complete a car like ours out of timber and fiberglass for around $600.

Personally I think that something looking similar to a real car, looks far better than the "gyncologist" chairs on offer. Add to that the fact that the sound system, being inside the body - sounds terrific. Another plus that all the cables are routed inside the body which is a great benefit too. Mountings for wheel and shifter are solid and so far infalable.

As a point of note - the feedback of the G-27 is a little lacking compared to a Caterham CSR 200, where as the 1966 Shelby 350 in Historic GT & Touring Car is almost identical (we have both cars in real life).

No dig at anyone in particular. The OP has a list full of $1-15k rigs that I think are a little crazy. People that produce and sell things should do so at a profit, but I'm seeing some crazy margins on some of these rigs. That and $100 keyboard trays that consist of 3 pcs square steel tubing, a tray and hardware.

After reminding myself which one you guys had; it's my favorite out of the high enders. If I had the budget I'd have the Lotus 49 cockpit. It would look so cool in my man cave. I just can't justify taking money away from real go fast parts. I shouldn't be surprised; nothing in this hobby (sim or real) is remotely cheap.

Last edited:
I shouldn't be surprised; nothing in this hobby (sim or real) is remotely cheap.

Honestly, if you don't fall into the "upgrade frenzied triples motion sim tactile feedback blah blah blah" path, it's pretty easy to have a dedicated setup (minus your PC/console) for $500-$700 these days. You can use a $100 wheel, a $300 rig and a $200 TV and have a heck of a lot of fun... It's the UPGRADES that get insane. It starts innocently enough... Oh, my video card supports triples? Cool. Upgrade. Y'know, my triples really outclass my wheel. Upgrade. Y'know, my wheel really overpowers my wheelstand. Upgrade. Y'know, I'd really like better sound, and while I'm at it, I'll throw a buttkicker on there, and if one is good, four is better! Upgrade. Y'know, a little motion seat would be cool... I'm at a point where I'm pretty happy with MY little rig and STILL I'm constantly talking myself out of upgrading it!

Honestly, if you don't fall into the "upgrade frenzied triples motion sim tactile feedback blah blah blah" path, it's pretty easy to have a dedicated setup (minus your PC/console) for $500-$700 these days. You can use a $100 wheel, a $300 rig and a $200 TV and have a heck of a lot of fun... It's the UPGRADES that get insane. It starts innocently enough... Oh, my video card supports triples? Cool. Upgrade. Y'know, my triples really outclass my wheel. Upgrade. Y'know, my wheel really overpowers my wheelstand. Upgrade. Y'know, I'd really like better sound, and while I'm at it, I'll throw a buttkicker on there, and if one is good, four is better! Upgrade. Y'know, a little motion seat would be cool... I'm at a point where I'm pretty happy with MY little rig and STILL I'm constantly talking myself out of upgrading it!

Since GT5p I have had my home made foldable wheel stand for my DFGT. Until recently I had been using an office chair, and GP length races will send me off tangent all day. So I imagine any of these rigs would be an improvement. That and I have a G27 on the way; so I either add a shifter mount to my stand or get something better.

So your vote is for the Obutto Ozone. The shifter holder/arm is rigid enough for spirited shifts? How about the hand adjustable bolts that hold the crucial items into position? It seems like they would give and start to slip unless there is something to bite into, or a hole. If you give thumbs up; I think I'll pick one up at Main Performance PC here quick.

Last edited:
Back