When is Kazunori going to answer the GTPlanet questions?

• Thread starter Hypergolem
  • 159 comments

When will Kazunori answer the GTplanet questions?

• A: Before the end of the year

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • B: Sometime in early 2015

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • C: Sometime before the end of 2015

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • D: in 2016

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • E: in 2020

Votes: 32 10.8%
  • F: Never

Votes: 224 75.4%

• Total voters
All I see here is the same people demanding communication in an aggressive way...what a surprise. Ironically you are not exactly trying to facilitate any developer-consumer contact yourselves at all with these foul words and yet, are surprised by the silence and continue to carry out the victim role over and over again.

I read the notion that Jordan and the rest of the staff are shown compassion for not being able to get more information from the developer about game updates. I would like to add my sympathy of having to manage a website dedicated to the game being flooded with disrespect, hysteria and overreaction... :gtpflag:

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy the game as it is and when I'm bored, play another game or do something actually useful. Simple, isn't it?

So much condescension in so few words is almost admirable...
Just want to reassure you: being angry about GT6 doesn't prevent us from enjoying other games (and even GT6 actually).
Complaining about GT doesn't prevent us from having other activities.
I am pretty baffled at people being on a GT fan forum and complaining that some/many people can take the game at heart.

I mean, if we were complaining about GT on a Super Mario bros forum, I'd get your point (I would still find your tone very condescending though)... but this is GTPlanet: the only place in the world where PD MIGHT get the/a message.

May I suggest you just don't come in those "complaining threads". Simple isn't it?

Good that you enjoy the game.

But why are you in suspicion of condescension? Not a bit, but I guess you are a bit more emotional about this, I presume? It does not surprise me that the induced tone here yet again is towards hostility, just like a lot of the negative people here try to induce. To that I say 'no thanks', even though your lion picture tempts me very much. However, I do thank you for your admiration that extends so far that I inspired you to even copy my words; I'm utterly flattered and may even shed a tear or two.

The topic title caught my attention in hope for new information or even a good discussion. Respectful, insightful and with intellect. But that must have been very, very stupid of me; of course this was never the case and it was hijacked again by the over-representing and it should be even considered as a self-proclaimed "complaining thread".

So thank you for the evasion tip; maybe you can even help me avoiding the negativity by not taking every single thread as an urgent call to disclose an unappreciative attitude. Would it not be a lovely place if more people would act alike? Just in case: this is indeed rhetoric.

So much condescension in so few words is almost admirable...
Just want to reassure you: being angry about GT6 doesn't prevent us from enjoying other games (and even GT6 actually).
Complaining about GT doesn't prevent us from having other activities.
I am pretty baffled at people being on a GT fan forum and complaining that some/many people can take the game at heart.

I mean, if we were complaining about GT on a Super Mario bros forum, I'd get your point (I would still find your tone very condescending though)... but this is GTPlanet: the only place in the world where PD MIGHT get the/a message.

May I suggest you just don't come in those "complaining threads". Simple isn't it?
Let me start off by saying that I agree and disagree with what you and @Firedragon was saying but let's be honest here for a second, weather people know or admit, but Gran Turismo has there own forums, granturismo.com/forums, so GTPlanet is not the only place where PD "MIGHT" get the/a message, so I'm glad you put the might. I commend what Jordan and his staff has done over the years but once again let's be honest, GTPlanet probably comes second to the official website and forum. Other games also has there own sites, battlefield and gta for example, why would they go to a secondary site when they have there own.

Sometimes the problem with GTPlanet is not all of the complaints, it's the complaints by the same people that go in every thread, every news article comment section with the same story every time and it gets old. And the difference with GT.com is its a dedicated website and forum to just ONE game and ONE topic which is GT. GTPlanet has a lot more than just GT, and I think that's where the problems start, to many people that are in to different things clashing because of their own opinions, which is fine, but some people handle it differently I guess.

And like Fire said, I to wonder what goes on threw Jordan's mind about the morale of his site that he worked so hard over the years to build up to where it is today. I guess some things you just got to learn to take the good with the bad and keep moving and progressing. And for the most part, GTPlanet is a great site, not good but great, so much respect to Jordan and staff. If you go on some sites and forums, things is a mess, people say and do whatever they want on other sites, I've seen anything from racism, making threats, spammers, to you name it, that's why I like this site because none of the is tolerated. So if Kaz wanted to answer questions this will definitely be the place to do it but at the same time we have to have some respect for Kaz and Jordan. As for him answering questions, think about this, Kim Kardashian is one of the most talked about celebritys, imagine if a site that she was reading called her fat, has no talent, called her ugly and they do,(which she is not ugly imo, boy o boy what I would do with one night with her) and wanted her to come on and answer questions, would you do it?

Imari.
Find one post of mine complaining or being negative on Gran Turismo.

What does that have to do with what I said? Where did I say or imply that you had ever been negative about Gran Turismo?

I was responding to you being critical of others for expecting information out of PD/Sony, and going so far as to say that such information wasn't deserved. You're wrong.

What does that have to do with what I said? Where did I say or imply that you had ever been negative about Gran Turismo?

I was responding to you being critical of others for expecting information out of PD/Sony, and going so far as to say that such information wasn't deserved. You're wrong.

OK fine.
I'm happy that others don't see it like you.
And who was I being critical of....Our precious Polyphony Digital or GTPlanet. Please name these "others" whom I criticised.

Hold on... Critical.
Isn't that your middle name?
GTPlanet is free from critics? Who dare to play GT and come to this forum?

Last edited:
Let me start off by saying that I agree and disagree with what you and @Firedragon was saying but let's be honest here for a second, weather people know or admit, but Gran Turismo has there own forums, granturismo.com/forums, so GTPlanet is not the only place where PD "MIGHT" get the/a message, so I'm glad you put the might. I commend what Jordan and his staff has done over the years but once again let's be honest, GTPlanet probably comes second to the official website and forum. Other games also has there own sites, battlefield and gta for example, why would they go to a secondary site when they have there own.

Sometimes the problem with GTPlanet is not all of the complaints, it's the complaints by the same people that go in every thread, every news article comment section with the same story every time and it gets old. And the difference with GT.com is its a dedicated website and forum to just ONE game and ONE topic which is GT. GTPlanet has a lot more than just GT, and I think that's where the problems start, to many people that are in to different things clashing because of their own opinions, which is fine, but some people handle it differently I guess.

And like Fire said, I to wonder what goes on threw Jordan's mind about the morale of his site that he worked so hard over the years to build up to where it is today. I guess some things you just got to learn to take the good with the bad and keep moving and progressing. And for the most part, GTPlanet is a great site, not good but great, so much respect to Jordan and staff. If you go on some sites and forums, things is a mess, people say and do whatever they want on other sites, I've seen anything from racism, making threats, spammers, to you name it, that's why I like this site because none of the is tolerated. So if Kaz wanted to answer questions this will definitely be the place to do it but at the same time we have to have some respect for Kaz and Jordan. As for him answering questions, think about this, Kim Kardashian is one of the most talked about celebritys, imagine if a site that she was reading called her fat, has no talent, called her ugly and they do,(which she is not ugly imo, boy o boy what I would do with one night with her) and wanted her to come on and answer questions, would you do it?

This is what I wanted to say only problem is that I couldn't write so many words.
Bravo.

And who was I being critical of....Our precious Polyphony Digital or GTPlanet. Please name these "others" whom I criticised.

I'm sure you remember this post:

I think the GTplanet community doesn't deserve any responses from Polythony Digital or Kazanori.

You're being critical of the GT Planet community, as far as I can tell. You think that they don't deserve responses from PD or Kaz, presumably because of their behaviour or attitude towards them, and presumably despite the fact that they've paid their money and are still waiting for the rest of an incomplete product.

So I ask again, what makes waiting for this particular incomplete product different to waiting for any other incomplete product?

At what point does it become OK for you for people to question what Polyphony, Sony and Kaz are doing? How long do we have to go without information of features that were advertised at release as future additions to the game before it becomes reasonable to request more details? Nine months? A year? Two years? Ten?

Hold on... Critical.
Isn't that your middle name?
GTPlanet is free from critics? Who dare to play GT and come to this forum?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you trying to be abusive and it's just coming out wrong, or do you have an actual point?

I'm sure you remember this post:

You're being critical of the GT Planet community, as far as I can tell. You think that they don't deserve responses from PD or Kaz, presumably because of their behaviour or attitude towards them, and presumably despite the fact that they've paid their money and are still waiting for the rest of an incomplete product.

So I ask again, what makes waiting for this particular incomplete product different to waiting for any other incomplete product?

At what point does it become OK for you for people to question what Polyphony, Sony and Kaz are doing? How long do we have to go without information of features that were advertised at release as future additions to the game before it becomes reasonable to request more details? Nine months? A year? Two years? Ten?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you trying to be abusive and it's just coming out wrong, or do you have an actual point?

If you think I'm being abusive you can make a complaint (As per usual.)

You wrote I was "critical of others".

I have never criticised GTPlanet or PD. Why do you accuse me of this?
Again. Please.
Tell everyone who I criticised?

I sense you are hurt by my first comment. There are many things one could say about the community on GTPlanet, in the privacy of one's own home and in front of friends and family. What then?
Do you want to know what someone says in confidentiality to be broadcast?
People criticise people's opinion for criticising PD. That means they are being critical of the community on GT6 forums.
Cheer up.. The new update this month is going to be good (not your type of good, which is probably bad) but good. That's two differing types of good.

You wrote I was "critical of others".

I have never criticised GTPlanet or PD. Why do you accuse me of this?

Tell me why "others" = GT Planet or PD.

I have never accused you of being critical of GT Planet or Polyphony Digital. If you think I have, quote my words to me and I'll either explain to you why you're wrong, or apologise and explain what I meant to write.

Again. Please.
Tell everyone who I criticised?

As in my last post, the GT Planet community. Do you feel like taking a shot at answering the questions posed in that post, or are you going to keep avoiding those as well?

There are many things one could say about the community on GTPlanet, in the privacy of one's own home and in front of friends and family. What then?

I don't care what you want to say in privacy. I'm responding to what you have said publically, here on GT Planet.

Do you want to know what someone says in confidentiality to be broadcast?

No. I'm responding to what you have said publically, here on GT Planet.

People criticise people's opinion for criticising PD. That means they are being critical of the community on GT6 forums.

Quite. And some people are critical of users called Nooboogering for criticising those who would be critical of Polyphony, Sony or Kaz.

If you'd like to address the questions above, perhaps we can understand why you're so critical of those who are dissatisfied with the customer relations portion of Polyphony, Sony and Kaz's business with regards to GT6.

I've tried to explain already why I feel that some level of dissatisfaction with Polyphony and Sony's customer relations efforts with regards to GT6 is appropriate, in this post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tplanet-questions.316754/page-4#post-10068345

If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, then by all means ask me about it. If you disagree, then address the points raised.

Cheer up.. The new update this month is going to be good (not your type of good, which is probably bad) but good. That's two differing types of good.

I'll give you the same warning that I've given others: Do not attempt to try and tell me what I think. Attempting cheap shots at my expense will get you nowhere.

I think you like to bicker and bicker so much that you want your own way.
You accused me, the complaint procedure is in place for you to use.
Man you sound hurt.

This is what I wanted to say but my grammar is not this good. Just without the sugary bits.

So my comment contained sour salt and now you have trouble swallowing.
Please make a complaint and feel no way.

All I see here is the same people demanding communication in an aggressive way...what a surprise. Ironically you are not exactly trying to facilitate any developer-consumer contact yourselves at all with these foul words and yet, are surprised by the silence and continue to carry out the victim role over and over again.
It's funny how making a PR campaign dedicated to the promise of increased fan communication caused people to be angry when... there has been less fan communication than there was for the game they didn't make that promise about.

At that point it just devolves into a chicken/egg discussion. Are PD not doing much of anything in terms of communication (even by their standards) even though that was the entire point of the Q/A because everyone is getting increasingly hostile? Or is everyone getting increasingly hostile because PD still hasn't done much of anything in terms of communication even though that was the entire point of the Q/A?

Last edited:
Why would someone happy with a product need rose tinted glasses and then, have to defend spending their own money?
Do you even know what you are talking about any more? You are the one who wrote this

I think the GTplanet community doesn't deserve any responses from Polythony Digital or Kazanori.
The community should be showing more respect.

No one asked you to defend spending your own money and if you are happy with GT6 then great but your comments i just posted show you have rose tinted glasses on because you cant see why other customers are not throwing flowers at pd or kaz nor why they are not impressed with GT6.

its ironic though that you told people how they should feel by telling them they should show more respect for feeling hard done by and misslead by how they spent their own money.

Actually, you paid Sony - after the retailer's cut is removed. Polyphony's budget is set by Sony - they don't get paid on a per game basis.

It's a fairly common misconception and it's amusing how often it's brought up. Still, not as amusing as this:
OMG you've gone through all this before when someone (I'm sure it was toko too lol) comented that they gave PD $100

Man you sound hurt.

This is what I wanted to say but my grammar is not this good. Just without the sugary bits.

But what imari is getting at is that you were critical of customers/gtp community, And you say you havent been and you keep avoiding the question and you are not even remotely resonding to the posts you're replying to but taking it in different directions, I think we have been suckered in by yourself unless you really believed no one would call you out on your comment

Last edited:
Man you sound hurt.

I think you're completely unable to defend your original post. Every time someone questions it, you deflect into character abuse.

Who here thinks KY is just stonewalling us and does not even care about the gamers.

He did a Reddit AMA which doesn't seem like stonewalling to me.

Well the waiting is the same :D, but the products are all different so an analogy between them seems a bit facile.

But what imari is getting at is that you were critical of customers/gtp community...

Nooboogering's post referred to "GTplanet", not "customers/gtp"

Well, they seem fully intent on not delivering any in the first place; so cross your fingers I guess.

I thought the posts on the sounds on the Pit Stop blog was a response?

Last edited:
Nooboogering's post referred to "GTplanet", not "customers/gtp"
And... um... what?

I thought the posts on the sounds on the Pit Stop blog was a response?
It certainly was. The exact kind of response I was hoping for, but never truly expected PD to actually bother with. One of the most surprising positive things PD ever did, in fact. Detailed, informative and honest; though not entirely in response to the actual question asked so much as its own thing ( but even that's okay because of how well it was handled).

It was also one question answered several months ago, with the last part of the answer posted in late July, so it falls just a bit out of Nooboogring's sentiment for future questions being answered.

Do you even know what you are talking about any more? You are the one who wrote this

No one asked you to defend spending your own money and if you are happy with GT6 then great but your comments i just posted show you have rose tinted glasses on because you cant see why other customers are not throwing flowers at pd or kaz nor why they are not impressed with GT6.

its ironic though that you told people how they should feel by telling them they should show more respect for feeling hard done by and misslead by how they spent their own money.

OMG you've gone through all this before when someone (I'm sure it was toko too lol) comented that they gave PD $100

But what imari is getting at is that you were critical of customers/gtp community, And you say you havent been and you keep avoiding the question and you are not even remotely resonding to the posts you're replying to but taking it in different directions, I think we have been suckered in by yourself unless you really believed no one would call you out on your comment

What you talking about?
All this bickering and accusations of me abusing is still going on.
Why have you not complained? Why have you not use the report button. (top right on dialog box)

If Polyphony responded to all the questions in the Pitstop blog... there still be bickering and complaining.
In mostly every thread is bickering and complaining, over and over.
They must hate coming to read the comments in GT6 forums and probably already have reservations on the implementation of the Pitstop blog.
The Pitstop blog, it is what it is. A pitstop. You enter, make a quick question and leave. Any whining and crying should be left out because there is a thread for that.

I think you're completely unable to defend your original post. Every time someone questions it, you deflect into character abuse.

I completely love reading it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny how making a PR campaign dedicated to the promise of increased fan communication caused people to be angry when... there has been less fan communication than there was for the game they didn't make that promise about.

At that point it just devolves into a chicken/egg discussion. Are PD not doing much of anything in terms of communication (even by their standards) even though that was the entire point of the Q/A because everyone is getting increasingly hostile? Or is everyone getting increasingly hostile because PD still hasn't done much of anything in terms of communication even though that was the entire point of the Q/A?
Looking at the cause is only sensible to explain away matters. The consequences matter; there is such a thing as self control and some people just are not willing to see that all this unfriendliness towards the game and developer is leading to exactly the opposite of what they supposedly claim to wanting to achieve: more awareness and a solution to he problems. No, what this is, is just emotional ventilation that only achieves a bad atmosphere.

But if people keep on falsely insisting that they are doing this to create the necessary awareness and this eventually solving problems, then be my guest and keep believing in this illusion. I wonder if people can look in the mirror and honestly convince themselves with this without bursting out of laughing.

Looking at the cause is only sensible to explain away matters. The consequences matter; there is such a thing as self control and some people just are not willing to see that all this unfriendliness towards the game and developer is leading to exactly the opposite of what they supposedly claim to wanting to achieve: more awareness and a solution to he problems. No, what this is, is just emotional ventilation that only achieves a bad atmosphere.

But if people keep on falsely insisting that they are doing this to create the necessary awareness and this eventually solving problems, then be my guest and keep believing in this illusion. I wonder if people can look in the mirror and honestly convince themselves with this without bursting out of laughing.

Gimme_a_break.gif

Maybe the questions on this board are not a priority and they take questions more from other sources like the PlayStation official forums, and or the site the answers are posted.

There was a ask and answer session with Kaz already, and I think he answered most questions given to him, but this was not done on GTP. We have to consider that some of the conduct on GTP might have turned them off this site, maybe Kaz read one too many ignorantly blame Kaz for everything / PD must be incompitant threads, saw too many pictures of himself being made fun of by people who don't really know what they are talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaz and PD thought less of this community then this community thinks of Kaz and PD.

They will probably get answered sometime later this year when we get more news about GT7 at a games con or something like that. But who knows, so don't take this as information. Just a predication. ;)

Maybe the questions on this board are not a priority and they take questions more from other sources like the PlayStation official forums, and or the site the answers are posted.

There was a ask and answer session with Kaz already, and I think he answered most questions given to him, but this was not done on GTP. We have to consider that some of the conduct on GTP might have turned them off this site, maybe Kaz read one too many ignorantly blame Kaz for everything / PD must be incompitant threads, saw too many pictures of himself being made fun of by people who don't really know what they are talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaz and PD thought less of this community then this community thinks of Kaz and PD.
You really think someone who sits on the board at Sony and is the head of his own first party studio, along with being the creator of the most successful console racing/driving game on the PS system is going to be intimidated by some random people on the internet?

You really think someone who sits on the board at Sony and is the head of his own first party studio, along with being the creator of the most successful console racing/driving game on the PS system is going to be intimidated by some random people on the internet?

Besides, Kaz won't be on message boards reading everything for himself. That's what minions are for. They read and feed him the distilled version of what's being said so that he can use his valuable time for more important things while still keeping his finger on the pulse.

At least, that would be the sensible way to do it. ;)

The thing is, it's not a matter of 'When is Kaz going to answer our questions?' it's more like 'How often is he going to answer questions?' There will always be someone wanting to inquire or complain, and when there was the case of the AMA on Reddit, not everybody who wanted to ask questions were present or had an account. There are always some people who want the business done in their own yard, instead of making an effort to find out where the business is actually done. It has also got nothing to do with misconduct. I think GTP is the best Gran Turismo fan site I have ever visited and been a part of, and I really do hope that he discovers it one day, but Kaz doesn't seem to like the idea of 'You had it once, now you want it all the time.'

Back