When was the last time you played GT6?

Sunday just past. But only because I have been working away. Usually play it 2-3 times a week.

Loved those new VGT cars at the weekend. :)

I play it (almost) daily. I love it. With the additions and improvement they've made over the months, it's a far better experience than any previous GT (IMHO). I played last night until 1am (couldn't sleep) and I'll probably play it on my break this afternoon.

I try to play a few times per month but get bored with it after about 45 minutes or so. I actually picked up GT5 last week and started playing it again. Its a better game than GT6 in almost every way, other than the menus.

Had a short online session with some friends on Sunday. But before that probably at least a few weeks or a month.

Played a little yesterday, for the first time in a while properly. Got a gold in the Aston VGT Seasonal and a silver in the Nissan VGT Seasonal. I also done a couple of night races, that took me over the half the stars threshold and won a Jaguar.

A day ago but I must admit I'm playing GT6 on minimum at the moment. Golding some of the seasonals and that's about it. I've also spent an hour adding some numbers to street cars which is an improvement.

The reason? With the quality of other driving games around at the moment I've had much more fun in single player modes of Grid Autosport on PS3 and Game Stock Car 2013/Extreme on PC than any Gran Turismo single player mode.

I was encouraged on here to try more recent PC driving games and was amazed at how much better than GT6 they are.

Game Stock Car has the best formula one simulation of a variety of F1 eras that there is anywhere. It also has quite a few other cars that are great to drive. It's worth 18 pounds uk of anyone's money and I can even run it on the best graphical options with my old heap of a laptop as it is so well optimised. Force feedback comes alive on my DFGT in this game compared to any PS3 game. The physics and sound are the best I've tried/heard in a driving game. Everyone with a basic PCand a wheel should try it just to understand how good it is.

Grid Autosport has great racing AI and has more interesting seasonal events too. I think they've looked at what their critics said about Grid 2 but also criticisms of GT5 and GT6 and made a game based on improving those. It might not be as realistic handling wise as GT6 or as good graphically (it's still much better than Grid2) but my goodness it's fun, especially on very hard).

I'm afraid PD might have missed the boat with GT6 in 2014. Of course online can be good but I don't get such regular timeslots to play online like I used to. The community/club features should have been there from the start because single player is disappointingly poor. I really want to play it more but PD really need to give me a reason. With Project Cars, The Crew and Driveclub around the corner (2-3 months) along with the games I mentioned above, PD really need to pull their finger out and get the overdue features released. Even then with the grids and AI selection so rigid I wonder how much fun racing there will be for me.

Last edited:
I only really play the game now for the Vision GT cars. Whenever a new car comes out, I'd play for maybe an hour or two.

Apart from that, there is no proper racing offline (No grid starts, qualifying, etc). Each race feels more like a track day, and the AI cars are more obstacles than opponents. It really takes away the fun factor, so I never feel like playing.

I will play when the new track goes live. Have not played since Grid Autosport came out on PC. Wheel support is SO good.

Whats the purpose of this thread???

I read OP, and i feel the title for this thread is not fitting the intent...

Just going by the title, do we have to come here everyday to say that we just played?

My answer: whenever i am not doingsomething else, i am playing this game... is that good enough?
Yes the game is good enough for.me to come back everyday...

Actually played: 8 months ago.

Sitting for hours looking for rooms, only to get kicked within 15 seconds of joining; or constantly having my PS3 hard reset; or getting disconnected; or forcing my PS3 to reboot after it froze for the fifth time... OR actually looking at the game.... three weeks ago.

Last played it 6 months ago.

I noticed they weren't going to give the game any decent content so I left the game altogether.

When I downloaded 1.13. Played for ten minutes, and I haven't touched the game since. I bought Forza 4 a few days ago, and sadly, for what I've experienced so far, I have zero reasons to play GT6 again.

It's been a very hard transition and I still feel like I'm cheating on my love... Forza 4 is all mine, and I can enjoy it whenever I want. It has taken care of my passion for cars in a way that GT has forgotten... But even though this new game fills all those holes, I don't feel the same sense of ownership that I did with Gran Turismo.

15 years is a long time and one does not forget growing up with something you love; something that is part of your life and who you are. Heck, even my name doesn't make sense anymore... "GT" has always been in my usernames across the web, as well as my nicknames because of Gran Turismo, and I was so damn proud of it.

Maybe some day I will be back... No; Gran Turismo will need to come back to me and prove me that it's ready to be my favorite game again. As for now, I have made peace with all those frustrations created ever since GT5 was announced. It's time to move on.

Last edited:
It was a couple of months ago until today. I missed quite a few updates.

So many in fact that it would take days for my poor internet to even download.

I was away for a few months, tinkering with GAS and AC, now awaiting a PC build, and wandered online a couple of nights ago and by a stroke of luck, found some guys running street cars on nothing higher than SH tires. @vr6cas is there and maybe some other guys from GTP, can't remember exactly. Good racing, but so refreshing to race on Comforts and Sports Hards.

Back