When was the last time you played GT6?

Browsing on my phone while watching data logger lap comparisons from laps just completed.

It's strange, I never thought I'd be "that guy", but since I got GTA V I've found it a bother just to load GT6 to keep the daily bonus up. Having too much fun exploring, offroading, and cruising in GTA.

So I guess the last time I really played it was about Oct 12th. It was falling off before that even though. Quick Match was fun for a few weeks until it turned into nothing but slam/punt fest and my silly fun of "underdog" racing with the 78 Mitsubishi Mirage has gotten really old. Even my most cherished pasttime of photomode feels stale.

I'm really quite sad about GT6 :(

The last time I played GT6 was about three hours and 45 minutes ago. But I am done, done I tell you.

Well for about the next 19 hours.

All of you people complaining about GT6 servers, need to get your own internet checked.

It has been many months since I played GT6. I actually need to trade in my PS3 along with GT6 but haven't got around to doing it yet. I will FOR SURE trade it in before The Master Chief Collection comes out for the X1 which is only about 14 days from today. There is no sense I me keeping the PS3 since I don't play it anymore. I would rather trade it in so someone else can enjoy it. Otherwise it is not being used at all. So within the next 2 weeks I will be trading it all in. I still have my PS2 with about 200 games, I just don't need the PS3.

I played it for a few hours when Sierra was released. Did the special events, and that's about it. Before that, not counting Photomode fiddling - which I honestly can't remember the last time was - it'd be the Senna update. Again, for about a day or two.

*shrug*

Two days ago. Tried Sierra TT abit.
Started the ps3 yesterday but was tired and ended up with Discovery Channel instead.

Just alot happening at work for the moment.
Meh.

Last time I playec was last month I believe. I just can be bothered to play it anymore since there's nothing to do there anymore.

All of you people complaining about GT6 servers, need to get your own internet checked.

I don't think you understand how P2P connections work. You could have the best PING with YOUR IP and player X could have the best PING with HIS IP but it all comes down to the PING between you two.

And yes, we will keep complaining about PD's servers because that's the problem.

How come I can play Battlefield 3 with a person from Germany, (PING is extremely high) and yet there is no rubber-banding there is no lag, and we all have fun. It all comes down to the structure of the servers.... and PD's servers for GT6 are crap. I've had more fun in GT5 than GT6 because of the servers.

No, no, no, no no.

3816585102.png

99516929.png

I don't think you understand how P2P connections work. You could have the best PING with YOUR IP and player X could have the best PING with HIS IP but it all comes down to the PING between you two.

And yes, we will keep complaining about PD's servers because that's the problem.

How come I can play Battlefield 3 with a person from Germany, (PING is extremely high) and yet there is no rubber-banding there is no lag, and we all have fun. It all comes down to the structure of the servers.... and PD's servers for GT6 are crap. I've had more fun in GT5 than GT6 because of the servers.

Everything that was said here. I still have problems with friend's rooms not showing and having to search for them manually. I still have errors such as "Room full" when there are 12 spaces free, or being told my connection is incompatible when I've popped out of the room I was just in to replace dirty oil, etc.

Things are a little better now than there were a while ago, but GT6's servers are still having hiccups.

On topic. Last time I played was yesterday. I'm on a few days a week at the moment to both have a bit a couple of races with some friends and due to taking part in some tuning competitions for the first time.

When every other game in my collection lets me play online properly and GT6 doesn't without atleast 15 Disconnects in an hour or invisible players, PD has a problem. Regardless I still enjoy fiddling around with cars on GT6 occasionally.

Last night for a couple of hours after a few months break; summer is hectic over here and we don't spend much time indoors - summer can be short, sweet, humid and a blazing rush of holiday-makers, bar-b-ques, beach-fests, open-air concerts, hiking, fishing, canoeing, camping . . . . video-games? What's that? Oh! those apps on my phone . . . who has time for that.
What? Console? Indoors? You must be kidding . . .
Until fall is in the air, and now the trees are bare, and there's cold winds nibbling at my ears and any other foolishly exposed extremities.
So more time back inside where it's warmer, and console lights are starting to glow more often and there's sound of shooting and racing cars, albeit sometimes from the same place, sometimes from diverse platforms.

So last night for a couple of hours (having spend some time in the afternoon upgrading GT6 via three months of missed DLCs, patches, updates, re-coding, whatever you want to call it, that resulted in me looking at my GT6 savegame and going: "Wow! All this, and I don't have to pay anything? It's already paid for? Great."
Immediately signed off and took my Ruf RGT to the Swarzwald Ring lap on SH sans TC. Tried it out, was thrilled with the offline handling (maybe my imagination, but it seemed to feel a little more realistic) then logged on and did pretty much the same race online (Expert Level 550PP at the Ring) and in comparison found the car slightly 'heavier', 'looser', and 'more alive' - the best way I can put it.
Lots of new tracks to investigate, new cars to buy, and I seemed to have missed some events.
No problem. I can simulate what I want. Hey, I can even just pretend I'm a test driver. Or an automotive photographer.
Or maybe I'll start training on this thing to go out there and beat Jan.

Actually, no, I'll just go do what I do 80% of the time with this game - I'll just go lap the ring endlessly.
That's therapy. Cost me $60.00.

Though sometimes I get driven insane just trying to choose a car to drive - just too many good ones to choose from . . . and winter is only going to last just as long as it does.

I better hustle and start playing.

I stopped playing about an hour ago or two

-Built a drag racing GT-R B.E.
-I took some photos to my Frozen Black Metallic M4 and for a series I participate.
-Tested myself at how many laps I was able to complete being fast and consistent in the Suzuki Capuccino Race Car at Autumn Ring... Completed 32 laps before catching a little bit of dirt just before the loop and going really wide on it. :D
-Did some laps on Apricot Hill with the IS350 Base Model (In my opinion the best car/track combo :D)

Yesterday. Wanted to see how fast the Alfa TZ3 could go. Got it up to 517 km/h before I lost focus for a second, rammed the wall and made a couple of barrel rolls.

Next project: See how close the Sauber C9 can get to make a vertical loop.

This morning before taking my son to school and heading off to work. Even though I've had the game since last Christmas, I had never gotten around to completing my Super License. 4 down and only Ascari to go.

Most days I log in to keep the bonus going and while I'm there I'll do a Seasonal event or play around with photography.

About 8 hours ago - did a couple of practise races for my Sunday Championship series with a friend from the UAE. I normally practise 2 or 3 times a week to race on Sunday. The other days I log in to check messages and maintain my login bonus. I don't normally play the game as such - I just use it for online championships or to practise - however I enjoy that enormously.

Regarding disconnections and freezing and invisible cars etc - there seems to have been a big improvement recently.

The last time I played GT6 was about three hours and 45 minutes ago. But I am done, done I tell you.

Well for about the next 19 hours.

It's not as simple as getting your Internet checked. Some of us can't get any upgrade to a higher broadband. What's unacceptable is that every other game: Fifa, Cod, GTA, GRID don't have problems. GT is the only one where you have to give yourself an hour free time just to find one race.

Anyways, it's been, what, 5 weeks since I played. Don't miss it the slightest :)

Well I have finally decided to let the PS3 and GT6 go. Been basically moving away from the GT series since GT4 and last night I disconnected and packed up the PS3 to trade in tonight after work. Honestly a strange feeling after being a PS gamer for MANY years. I still have my PS2 but the PS3 just never really appealed to me. Was hoping the GT series would pick back up but the standards truly killed GT for me. Oh well hopefully someone else will be able to enjoy the PS3 because I hardly played it at all over the last few years of owning it. I also truly hope the GT series will get all the standards eventually converted to premiums and get all the issues worked out. Best of luck PD and KY.

About 2 months since I actually drove it, maybe more. Kept doing the log in bonus thingo until about 2-3 weeks ago but no longer bother with it either. Unless something major happens I doubt I'll be firing it up again.

Couple of hours ago.

Well I have finally decided to let the PS3 and GT6 go. Been basically moving away from the GT series since GT4 and last night I disconnected and packed up the PS3 to trade in tonight after work. Honestly a strange feeling after being a PS gamer for MANY years. I still have my PS2 but the PS3 just never really appealed to me. Was hoping the GT series would pick back up but the standards truly killed GT for me. Oh well hopefully someone else will be able to enjoy the PS3 because I hardly played it at all over the last few years of owning it. I also truly hope the GT series will get all the standards eventually converted to premiums and get all the issues worked out. Best of luck PD and KY.

If this thread was a game, you would have won.

Back