where to find matte paint colors?

• Thread starter mav
  • 22 comments

mav

mav1659
I searched and found some scattered posts on this topic so I thought it could be useful as a single post.

Where can you find matte paint colors?

Matte Black - Lexus LFA
Matte Dark Grey (AMG Monza Grau Magno) - Mercedes SLS
Matte White - ?
Matte Red - ?
Matte Blue - ?

Anyone want to contribute?

I've used a Matte Red, no idea what I got it from though. Was quite early in the game. I've also got a Green and Pink. I'm pretty sure the pink was from the 2nd Gone like the Wind challange.

I have been given matte pink and matte light blue as rewards, the pink for the 'hardest' karting challenge and light blue when I got to 50 cars in my garage... Probably not what you were asking but I guess whenever you're eligible for a 'special paint colour', matte is likely to happen. I would guess it happens once for every 50th car in your garage?

I suddenly got matt white but dont think it was coupled to a race, i think i just fulfilled the requirements. If u find matt black tho just let me know.

Hi Im new to this forum but Ive been sanning them for quite a while for gt5 news. I just wanted to know if I buy a car like a ford gt or viper and paint it can I also change the colour of the stripes and if you cant do the original stripes stay? thanks in advance.

Hi Im new to this forum but Ive been sanning them for quite a while for gt5 news. I just wanted to know if I buy a car like a ford gt or viper and paint it can I also change the colour of the stripes and if you cant do the original stripes stay? thanks in advance.

I tried painting a viper and it DID erase the stripes.

I think I got blue today but I forgot how I got it ...I think it was the reward for gold medals in all go-kart special events.

This whole buying cars, collecting colors is the BIGGEST flaw in the game. I don't care about 800 standards, i don't use them. I don't care about Rain effects, i don't drive in them. But the Gallardo comes in 3 colors and the actual car has many more colors. I have to pay 100k to get lime green for it. It affects the whole game's experience. That's rediculous and it's now how it's done in real life.

Worst decision by PD. 👎

You get a matte or chrome paint every 30 cars in your garage!
If you don't like it, don't push ok but restart en you will get a different one!

You get a matte or chrome paint every 30 cars in your garage!
If you don't like it, don't push ok but restart en you will get a different one!

You either get matte paint, chrome, or horns or some combination of horn and paint every 30 cars.

The paint choices are random and sometimes people get 1000 cars with not many paint prizes, sometimes people are lucky, sometimes they are not.

matte Yellow is one of them. Here's what I've got/seen so far:

AMG Monza grau magno
Matte Black
Matte Blue
Matte Brown 2x
Matte Dark Gray
Matte Dark Silver 2x
Matte Light Gray
Matte Light Green
Matte Light Red
Matte Orange
Matte Purple 4x
Matte Red
Matte Silver 2x
Matte White 2x
Matte Yellow

Keep in mind that Matte Black and Matt Black are two different colours (with 'e' is the PD made one while the no-'e' is the Lexus version)

AMG Monza grau magno
Matt black
Matte Black
Matte Blue
Matte Dark Blue
Matte Dark Gray
Matte Dark Green
Matte Dark Red
Matte Dark Silver
Matte Gray
Matte Green
Matte Light Blue
Matte Light Gray
Matte Light Green
Matte Light Red
Matte Light Silver
Matte Orange
Matte Pink
Matte Purple
Matte Red
Matte Silver
Matte White
Matte Yellow

From another thread.

You either get matte paint, chrome, or horns or some combination of horn and paint every 30 cars.

The paint choices are random and sometimes people get 1000 cars with not many paint prizes, sometimes people are lucky, sometimes they are not.

Yeah, I got my first chrome paint (gold) for having 160 cars in my garage last week.
And I just got "Matte Dark Blue" for having 180 cars.
The only other matte colors I have gotten is white and red. And those were early in the game.

I think you get a paint for every multiple of 30 cars you get because I only got a horn for having 170 cars. I think it's pretty sporadic in what paint you get.
Because like I said, in my total game history with 180 cars, I have only gotten three mattes and one chrome.
Unfortunetly, I don't think the game really follows anything in particular as far as receiving special chips goes.

Latest Posts

Back