Where to start?

• Thread starter RaceReady
  • 7 comments
United States
North Carolina
2JZTurboTerror
So being new to this tuning thing means naturally I am completely oblivious as to where to begin. Is there a guide to read to get a general idea of what does what when dealing with tuning? If anyone can help that would be super great. Thanks!!

So being new to this tuning thing means naturally I am completely oblivious as to where to begin. Is there a guide to read to get a general idea of what does what when dealing with tuning? If anyone can help that would be super great. Thanks!!
Motor City Tunes by @Motor City Hami or the General Tuning Guide by @DolHaus at the top of the forum list. Read them both!!
Here and Here

Then read this and this thread. Good luck and have fun:cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you kindly. I will give these a good looking over tonight and hopefully have a good understanding of how it goes.
Read everything you can, as Bowtie suggests. Another way you can gain an understanding of the game is by partaking as a tester in FITT events. You can potentially drive the same car with 4 or 5 different tunes on it, giving you an opportunity to compare and contrast. You can find the latest event HERE and there's more FITT sourced info HERE 👍

{Cy}

Read everything you can, as Bowtie suggests. Another way you can gain an understanding of the game is by partaking as a tester in FITT events. You can potentially drive the same car with 4 or 5 different tunes on it, giving you an opportunity to compare and contrast. You can find the latest event HERE and there's more FITT sourced info HERE 👍
Sounds interesting. I may have to try this out as well. Im new to the series so this will give me a chance to try the cars out and see which class and Drivetrain I like better.
{Cy}

@RaceReady We could always use testers, great way to see what works for you and how others approach tuning like Cy said. This particular Challenge is posing quite the challenge in car choice for some us. Check it out and join the fun if it looks interesting. Must tell you, generally a great group of guys who are willing to help each other. More tunes closer in laptime makes for a better shootout, so if you need assistance, you will get allot there.

@RaceReady We could always use testers, great way to see what works for you and how others approach tuning like Cy said. This particular Challenge is posing quite the challenge in car choice for some us. Check it out and join the fun if it looks interesting. Must tell you, generally a great group of guys who are willing to help each other. More tunes closer in laptime makes for a better shootout, so if you need assistance, you will get allot there.
Sounds interesting enough. After work today I may hop on there and see what I can do. I just want to learn the fundamentals of tuning and apply it to the game to beat career mode before I start doing actual career races and online seasonals especially.

Back