Which is the best GT so far? Time to make a poll. --- GT4 still in the lead.

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 484 comments

Which Gran Turismo is the best (considering its launch date)?

• Gran Turismo (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 2 (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo (PSP)

• Gran Turismo 7 (PS4)

• Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Results are only viewable after voting.
The GT4 was the best GT and for me, the only option that was missing (very important option for me) was the ability to setup the car at the Arcade mode... after GT4, the GT6 is the second best, with the best physics.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 4 was my learning to drive game 7 years ago.
If my dad had not of made me buy that game, I would not be here today.
Also, their range of events was great! Also the best courses too, such as Seattle and Infineon Raceway.

As much as I cherish my GT2 memories, I have to say that based on this poll, the people have spoken. And I agree 101 percent.

PD, here's your answer on whatpath GT7 must take. All the goodness like content, replay value and variety from the good GT4, plus the physics graphics and other good innovations from the current title.

GT6's physics override any nostalgia for me; its undoubtly the best in that field. Second is GT3/2, and third is GT4.

Gt3 is my favorite because it felt so realistic even for a ps2 game. Only problem is the lack of cars, but I think it had the best soundtrack of all the GTs. And it had all the best original tracks, like midfield( my favorite, spent countless hours on this track) and the Tahiti maze. And don't forget the wheelie glitch..........

Gran Turismo 4, definitely. GT6 was short of what I expected from it, moreover considering they were rather small features such as practice and qualifying before a race, plus more strict rules that would stop the AI from entering a complete rabbit into a race. There are other things I would have expected to be in GT6, but the game has changed little since GT4 in terms of what it offers.

GT4. Massive amount of cars, and all were designed for that console. No silly premium/standard, they were all premium. The introduction of photomode was amazing to me, it kept me entertained and engaged for years while waiting for GT5.

GT1<GT2<GT3<GT4>GT5>GT6

For me it's GT3 it had the best soundtrack, an awesome career mode and the license tests were so challenging since GT3 the license tests were easy don't know if anyone else would agree but that's how I feel.

200 cars felt enough for the game it had a good variety of cars and tracks but the best track in that game "Special Stage Route 11" which has to make a return in 6.

Could never get bored of the game could play it for hours it also had the best physics back then in the ps2 days, GT4's physics felt abit stale compared to GT3 but GT4 was still an amazing game.

GT1- Best soundtrack
GT2- Massive Car list and awesome career mode
GT3- Best Career mode and physics (Ps2 days)
GT4- Massive variety of events
GT5- Graphics
GT6- Physics, Vision GT and reminds me of GT4
P.S: Concept Car needs to make a return that car was a blast in GT1

My vote goes for GT4. While GT6 is a very good game it is somehow lacking that certain 'something'... I cannot specify whether it is the feel of the game, the overall polish or maybe something different, but it made me play the most of the game. GT6 on the other hand has difficulties in achieving this kind of emotional bond. Back then everything was really good. The physics, soundtrack, menus, photo mode... I will risk saying that it was the last of the classic old-gen GT. I enjoyed it an awful lot.

i was falling in the nostalgia trap, but i've gotta say it.
Gt6 is ,for now, one of the best GTs ever.
I'm not talking about a single mode, i'm talking about GT as a "complete" game; the package that is GT6 would've made the 99's PD cry tears of joy ( knowing the obsessed car guys they are.)

My two votes goes to :

GT4 - because it's in my opinion the best in everything ( maybe except soundtrack ) if we'll remember about PS2 limitations - LOOOOOOOOONG Career mode , very good ( at the time ) physics , very large number of tuning ( in comparision to GT5 and GT6 ) and - for me important - the feelings that I had during playing this game wanted me to play more time and check earlier parts ( I've started with GT4 )

GT2 - It have very good gameplay , advanced tuning ( in this thing was a lot in comparision to other racing games at that time ) , most balanced car list ( aka . there wasn't like 50 Skylines , MX-5 ) and PIKES PEAK.

Hmm this is a tough one but i choose GT6.

I played all the titles, and i have most memories with 3 and 4..
In GT3 i liked rallying, it had some great tracks and rally was there at its best..
Music was great too.
Also the F1 cars were great. And first GT game looked great on the ps2.
There werent over 1000 cars like today, but sure were some very interesting ones..

In GT4 i spend the most time, i played everyday and it took me half a year to reach 100% game completion.
This was the most rewarding. And i liked that it lasted for soooooooo looooooong and still not completed. Where is this today? There doesnt have to be 150 24h races... just a lot races that keeps you coming back..
The menu looked great, and it was the first time i met the Nordschleife and got respect to the track and never tought something like this exsists in the world.
Music soundtrack was also great.
There were so so manny cars also over 1000. Sure most of these cars are in GT6.
There were also some amazing tracks like El Capitan or New York... great tracks..
Great memories. But i like more a a lot realistic tracks that exsist in the world. I dont mind fantasy tracks, but i like the real ones. And GT6 has absolutley all my favorite tracks in the game..
And much is improved in GT6 - handling, physics...

GT5 was ok, but the only thing i miss from GT5 is the two Ferrari F1 cars, nothing else unfortunatley.
The rest is in GT6.

So I have to pick GT6 cuz its modern and has a lot of improvements... and we got recently the comunity features thet were missing.

I wish all those tracks from GT3,4 return some day in a GT game..

If this was late December 2013, I would have chosen GT4, but with the majority of the updates and content out, GT6 to me is the best GT game.

Although I loved GT4, GT6 blew my mind before it was even released. It didn't disappoint.
Agreed. There were things GT5 had that GT6 doesn't (such as the Course Creator), but I'd gladly give those up for the improved physics and frankly better track and car selections.

I got GT3 when I was about 6 and it became my favourite game. I used to love the challenge of getting my favourite cars (Ford GT40 and Toyota GT-One) before then heading to the Test Track in arcade mode and having big slipstream battles with the other 4 cars (only 4, because the Mazda 787B was always miles ahead!). Although I find it difficult to play now because I've adapted to the physics engines on GT6 and F1 2014, it gives me the most nostalgia as it was my first true Gran Turismo experience.

I got GT4 for Christmas about 4 years later. I'd spent weeks watching videos of the cars and tracks online, so I couldn't wait to try it all out. I had huge amounts of fun playing the game and trying to reach the end of GT Mode, so I'd say it was my most enjoyable game in the series.

So, it's GT3 or GT4 for me. Nostalgia or fun, it's hard to pick one over the other!

4 and 6. 3 was just a bit too difficult for my younger mind to handle without frustration...makes me want to play it again. I've never played the PS1 games because I've never owned (nor have I even played...or now that I think about it, seen) a PS1, but I imagine they're pretty good.

Next snapshot in time. 2014-12-02

best GT 021210214.JPG

i was falling in the nostalgia trap, but i've gotta say it.
Gt6 is ,for now, one of the best GTs ever.
I'm not talking about a single mode, i'm talking about GT as a "complete" game; the package that is GT6 would've made the 99's PD cry tears of joy ( knowing the obsessed car guys they are.)
They could've probably predicted it pretty easily using Moore's law. :) But its one thing to imagine it and another thing to actually see it. :)

Hmm, tough one....I went for Gt1 as it was a new benchmark and the first proper driving game I could get since the 80s and Revs. I also went for GT4 as it had so many good ideas implemented pretty well and was the last one I got to play to completion, albeit on a small 14" portable 20 yr old tv.

I could have picked GT2 for the range of cars and tracks, GT3 as it was the first I had a wheel with and it made a difference to my enjoyment and immersions.

GT5 was good in a new PS3 kind of way though BSpec Bob was frustratingly inept and course designer was not up to scratch.

GT6 has been the only dissapointing GT for me, maybe in a couple of years when I look back it may be different but we still have no B-spec, endurance, course maker (gps or not), competitive offline racing or immersive career. On the positives it has mt panorama and brands hatch, lots of cool special events and in my opinion, in some places it looks great (coming over the crest of the hill at night at mt panorama) and even sounds fantastic (wsr F3) but it is really just papering over the cracks that the series is losing its way and Gt6 is the worst GT game so far.

Gran Turismo 4 was hard Gran Turismo 5 was easy Gran Turismo 6 not as good as Grand Turismo 5.

Last edited:
Hmm. Seems to me that there is no answer I would be comfortable with. It's like asking, "Considering the launch date, which was the better car, the Ford Model T or the Ford Focus ST '13?"

E.g. You simply didn't expect anything better of GT4 than what it did. Nevertheless, it's so uncomparable to GT5/GT6 with its 6 car-fields and no online play, that I couldn't vote for it without getting the feeling I'm romanticizing earlier iterations of the game.

GT4 actually had an online mode, of some kind, IIRC.
Had I have found my network access disc earlier than a few months ago (seeing as how I bought my PS2 in 2007), I would known for sure. :banghead: I believe it was just LAN multiplayer, like GT3.

I still stick to my guns that I find GT1 is the best. What I've done(I may even make a thread about it) is, revisited GT1 IN GT6.

There are only 10 manufacturers, 150 cars and 11 tracks. I took the top cars of the time, from each: DB7 Coupe, Corvette GS, NSX-R '92, efini RX-7 RZ '96, GTO TT '95, R33 GT-R V-Spec '97, STi ver.IV '97, Supra RZ, Griffith 500(as opposed to the Cerbera only 1pp difference, plus, the 500 is a V8 :) ) and added the Viper GTS '99 for good measure.

I'm now Time Trialling each at the 10 original tracks(substitute SSR11 for SSR5) plus RouteX(there is no Test Course :( ). So far, the results at a few tracks are telling.

GT1 is/was and still is special.

Last edited:
Back