• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 376 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
Long, bland, boring and feels so artificial... and I got to do 5 laps for the DTM next... :grumpy:

Who else dislikes the Cape Ring?

Actually the "Karrusell" copy-cat is the onlly part I like, it's fast and exciting. The abuse of hairpins and turns with childish elevation changes make me really loathe this track. Looks to me like a badly made fusion of Autumn Ring and High Speed Ring, it's even a ring too!!!

stupid track, with not even the "well it could be a real track" redeeming quality to fall back on thanks to the retarded corkscrew thing that wouldn't look out of place in F-Zero

Ermmm.

Cape ring is the test track for GT5. If you hate it, your car setup is incorrect as it tests almost all types of corner/banking and transition.

A real test of skill, not just the driver.

For refrence-
picture.php

I absolutely hate that long carasel. In a competitive race, if you have too much understeer and go over the top, theres so much green up there that you wont hit awall for a second or two. Its also good bye Top 10 finish... :mad:

Edit- Not the spinning up one, I love that
The banked half circle turn about 1 mile in

Too much rumble strip. Now im no expert but to me the rumble strip seems like it's elevated to much from the grass. If you hit the rumble strip on a certain corner in an x1 you'll flip it. Or at least i did.

Ermmm.

Cape ring is the test track for GT5. If you hate it, your car setup is incorrect as it tests almost all types of corner/banking and transition.

A real test of skill, not just the driver.

I beg to differ.

I don't hate a track because the car setup is incorrect, mostly because I prefer driving cars stock. I'm not talking about lap times here, I'm talking about the way the track feels and it's layout. Go tell Mercedes their SLS car setup is incorrect because it makes me hate Cape Ring but it makes me love the Nordschleife. For the purpose of testing I prefer the almighty Nordscheife, La Sarthe, Monza, Top Gear Test Track, or Indy/Daytona road courses. Those tracks are fare more enjoyable, flowing, and demanding that the ridiculous cape ring. And then again, hitting the rev limiter on Mulsanne, losing my car on Wipperman, Understeering wildly on the corkscrew, or messing up on the first corner at Daytona (Which are al matters of driver skill and car setup) doesn't spoil my enjoyment of this tracks.

My lap time boards around TGTT, Monza, and La Sarthe are full. The Nordschleife one isn't because I almost always screw it, but I run around it quite often. Yet, I've never had the slightest desire to test my cars "a la Jeremy Clarkson" around Cape Ring.

I did't like it at the first time. But there are some good turns: i really like the end of the full course. From the "carousel" until "start/finish". or the other flowing turns. I hate the "jump" at the highest point and i hate the "Mini-Istanbul park-turn 8-corner" whit a chicane at the end(dependig which direction). that corner is bad. but overal i like the track.

I guess I'm one of the few who likes it then. :indiff:

Same, I think it has a good number of varied turns in each of its different layouts. It's not a real curcuit so it doesn't have that kind of feel if you get what I mean. But a great curcuit never the less.

I like the outside one a lot, the full thing is too long though.

Cape Ring Inside is good & so is Periphery, but sadly like too many GT tracks (Monaco/London ect) there's no bumps in the road. While it has some good corners it's general character & the physics of cars are neutered by the lack of laser scanned road surface data. The full track is absolutely hideous though, it's like the bastard child of Complex String & HSR, LMFAO!

:crazy:

I love Cape Ring Periphery. It's a great, flowing track with some really challenging parts.

The worst part of Cape Ring is also on the Periphery configuration, though. Not the banking, but the jump afterwards. It makes me feel like I'm playing Ridge Racer.

I like Cape Ring as a whole, but I'd certainly rather have Seattle, or even Apricot Hill. But I guess they needed to bump up the config count a little.

Bit annoyed that they didn't offer the reverse configurations, though. Even if some configs send you the opposite way to others.

I've really not enjoyed any race on it that I've done so far. The loop is absurd, so is the jump after it and the surroundings are so bland it feels as if it was made in the course maker. That and it feels like you're not making any noticeable progress since every corner looks the same.

You guys are lame, cape ring is all sort of awesome, and no flow? I suppose if you're the kind that drive by pointing and squirting the throttle... It's a damn neat fantasy track, my only wish is that the surrounding environment isn't so bland.

Back