Who still plays multi-player?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by nitrorocks, Apr 28, 2012.

1. nitrorocks

United States Phoenix, AZ
    PSN:nitrorocks

Lately, me and my brother have been playing 2 player. We both have wheels, so it's very fun. It seems very old school, but it is fun. Especially at parties, it's a blast. Here we can post suggestions on what cars to use.

First one:

Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car
    Stock with sport hard tires.
  2. W3HS

Premium
    Thailand Chiang Mai

Hey, great idea!

I've only played a few times. What I can't get over is the noise of two engines coming from the same source which causes me difficulty hearing when to shift and what the cars doing. Is there a way to get around this?
  3. TheeFrogmanlego

United States Downey
    PSN:frogmanlego

A Lot of people. =D Online will never top split screen!
  4. Magzire

DUBLIN/IRELAND
    PSN:Magzire22

Been honest I only play online. Offline practice or A-Spec even seasonal events bore the hell out of me.
  5. ghsnu

United States Tucson, AZ
    PSN:spedy7

Only thing I can think of is getting two headsets, that is assuming GT5 allows for two headsets to be used and splitting individual sound to each one. Anyone know if that one new TV (with the full P1 and P2 screen) allows this?

Looking back to the days of the glorious PS2...I can remember numerous great times playing split screen. I really miss those days...no online :censored: holes to deal with, no DLC rip-offs 5 days after release, cheats :D...those were the days...
  6. interpolfan11

United States
    PSN:A6222346

I play offline split-screen with my friends every weekend. I use my cockpit while they use the DS3.

Frankly, I still can't believe that the whole idea of offline multiplayer has been eschewed in favor of online multiplayer. Split-screen is so much better as long as you have friends or parents to play with.
  7. Magzire

DUBLIN/IRELAND

So racing in a league with 16 people online isn't better, loco?
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  8. interpolfan11

United States

If your friends are reasonably-skilled drivers, no. The sense of community and sharing is so much greater when your competitor is two feet away from you and able to be talked to without a mic.
  9. Magzire

DUBLIN/IRELAND

You never raced in a league have you?
  10. interpolfan11

United States

No, I've watched a friend race in a league, but I've never actually participated in one.

I think I got a pretty good idea of what it's all about after watching someone do it, though.
  11. W3HS

Premium
    Thailand Chiang Mai

GT4 was ace for multi-player. I used to set up several machines and TVs and get my friends over for a mad night of racing, all with separate ear phones and what not on the LAN.

These days I don't have any friends who are interested/ able to participate in a multi-player race. I'd get my wife to join me but the sound of two engines coming from one sound system is the off putting thing for me.
  12. nitrorocks

United States Phoenix, AZ
    PSN:nitrorocks

I've got the same problem. I wish I could figure it out.
  13. f1webberfan

Bulgaria Sofia
    PSN:Jack_Lindley

Actually, as of late, I have some problems with engine noise even when I play online. Last night I had some great racing on Monza and actually I wasn't able to hear properly when to shift gear when we were in a pack. Hmmmm ... Maybe it's time to look at audio options a bit. :dopey: