Why has GTplanet become so sluggish and unresponsive upon login?

Australia
Where i'm at
xmalcolmpowderx
For about 3 months now, every time I logon to the site it becomes so sluggish and slow (pretty much un usable). No matter what device I use. Work computer, home computer, iphone, android, ipad, macbook.

Is there something wrong with my profile? or does this happen to more than just me?

Thanks Guys.:cheers:

Just FYI, it has taken about 15-20 minutes for this thread to get created.

Its just GTP.

It prevents me from logging in 99 percent of the time. its just too annoying.

It sucks because I really enjoy this site.

I don't see any issues with the site infrastructure, although I have suspected there may be some lingering DNS problems since I made some changes recently. Could you share your ping and traceroute results to the site?

For about 3 months now, every time I logon to the site it becomes so sluggish and slow (pretty much un usable). No matter what device I use. Work computer, home computer, iphone, android, ipad, macbook.

Is there something wrong with my profile? or does this happen to more than just me?

Thanks Guys.:cheers:

Just FYI, it has taken about 15-20 minutes for this thread to get created.
Oh thank lord. Thank lord that I'm not the only one who's been having this issue lately. I've had this issue since 2013! O_O

You've been having issues since 2013? Could you also share your ping and traceroute results?

You've been having issues since 2013? Could you also share your ping and traceroute results?
Well for one have good connection to GTP when not logged on (oddly enough), but whenever I log on it just....slows down for some reason. I'm really not sure what's causing it to slow down on my PC (well mostly on all my PCs in my house). Don't want to sound stupid but. Where to find this ping and traceroute. I know what it is but don't know where to find it. :embarrassed:

GTP has been slower than usual from time to time. But it is not causing any problems.

No problems here - in fact I use many different stations to post - from home, from the home of friends, from work, once from a nursing home computer in their offices, through my phone, from my PSP - even from computer stores merely trying out a computer (I leave the screen on showing GTPlanet. :lol: )

Because I'm always pressured for time, I fly in and out quickly, and as yet have had only the occasional hiccup through many years of posting here.

May not be something everybody has to deal with?

Well for one have good connection to GTP when not logged on (oddly enough), but whenever I log on it just....slows down for some reason. I'm really not sure what's causing it to slow down on my PC (well mostly on all my PCs in my house). Don't want to sound stupid but. Where to find this ping and traceroute. I know what it is but don't know where to find it. :embarrassed:
You could try disabling browser plugins, or if you're using Chrome, use "Incognito Mode", which loads the browser without any plugins. Something may be interfering with the dynamic AJAX elements of the page which only render if you're logged in.

Here is a guide about getting ping and traceroute results.

You could try disabling browser plugins, or if you're using Chrome, use "Incognito Mode", which loads the browser without any plugins. Something may be interfering with the dynamic AJAX elements of the page which only render if you're logged in.

Here is a guide about getting ping and traceroute results.
Ahhh okay. I'm using Firefox but I'll most definitely try this out! :D Thank you so much @Jordan. :cheers:

Edit: Hey @Jordan. I've returned after trying the tips you've given me. Despite not having Windows 7 (I have Windows Vista :P) I've disabled a few plug-ins in Firefox, although I've gained no luck. :(

Last edited:
I had 522 error a while ago, but it's gone now. I did have this though, when I left my laptop for a few hours, it usually stays logged on ( I tick the keep log in box ) but a few days ago, I got logged out by itself ( I didn't log out ). I had to log back in. Usually I stayed logged in even if I close my browser ( firefox ) for a few days.
No slow down during log in.

Sometimes the site loads ok and sometimes it takes quite a while using my PC, which is hardwired to this connection:

4106674067.png

However from my phone using wifi, I have had no problems. Hope this information helps:

trace%20route%20gtplanet_zpso5zybzg3.jpg

ping%20gtplanet_zpsha8uzrsj.jpg

Latest Posts

Back