Why people don't want top gear test track to come back to gt6?

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 117 comments

Do you want Top Gear Test Track back?

• Total voters
I don't think Forza is to blame for GT losing the Top gear track, I believe that The track was there for a one-game deal or something.

Okay, I've added a poll for the thread.
Also in the last seasonal event for gt5. There's 2 time trials, one is nurb with the Nissan gt-r and the other ones is mazda me mx5 on tgtt. Why they choosed tgtt?

Last edited:
I'd like to see it back because I used do power-laps to try and beat the stig's times in the cars they had on the show. That'd be the best way of using the track again in GT6 or GT7. One lap, beat The Stig (much like the Senna stuff) and it'll add some playability to the game and track.

If PD can't re-add it because of licensing issues because of Forza owning the Top Gear licenses then the easiest way to get it is to cheat. We have Monaco in an unlicensed form and under a different name. All that needs to be done is call it "Dunsfold Aerodrome" and it's all sorted. It's how Project CARS has 80% of its tracks...

I dont care, I think PD have to do other things that are more important than adding a test track to the game.

Ok then,...

tumblr_mh730rEZ701s3avvmo1_500.gif
:sly:

People wanted to mimic SIRPC in GT6. PD did not allow us to do that....so why bother?
You couldn't mimic SIRPC because there weren't the right cars in the game, but you could try the rest of the cars that Top Gear has done a lap with... And the rest of cars too. Its a good twisty test track.

You couldn't mimic SIRPC because there weren't the right cars in the game, but you could try the rest of the cars that Top Gear has done a lap with... And the rest of cars too. Its a good twisty test track.

Not without standing starts and a leaderboard, among many other missing aspects.

As he said, mine and others' answer to this poll is "don't care" or just "no", both for good reasons. Some think that because of the lack of features in the game -as a whole- that are required to enjoy the track (i.e. standing starts), others because of the lack of Top Gear specific content and features (i.e. stig challenge event and having cars used in the show), and others just because they don't particularly want to have the track itself (it really is quite mediocre, only beloved by people that are hardcore TG fans and that don't know much about motorsports).

Last edited:
I want it! It was a great track for just goofing off and acting like a hooligan.

Edit: I have to say I have no idea why people feel like in order for a track to be worth it it needs to be tied to whatever makes it noteworthy (TGTT and SIRPC, IOM and bikes). Who cares? I'm still going to want to model my commute using the GPS feature even though my car isn't in the game. The tracks are sweet because the tracks are sweet, not because of some arbitrary tie in.

Not without standing starts and a leaderboard, among many other missing aspects.

As he said, mine and others' answer to this poll is "don't care" or just "no", both for good reasons. Some think that because of the lack of features in the game -as a whole- that are required to enjoy the track (i.e. standing starts), others because of the lack of Top Gear specific content and features (i.e. stig challenge event and having cars used in the show), and others just because they don't particularly want to have the track itself (it really is quite mediocre, only beloved by people that are hardcore TG fans and that don't know much about motorsports).
LOL, seriously... do a standing start manually yourself... its not hard at all

That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face, though, isn't it. We could do with standing starts regardless of the TGTT's come back, and the two are separate issues handled by separate teams.

I quite like the track, and I'm not a fan of nu-TopGear (which is not to say I dislike it); it is well designed and does offer a true test of a car's composure. It's designed for road cars, though, so racing softs and downforce will erase any challenge in the track - much as modern GP circuits are relatively boring in road cars.

Cool track, too bad it not in GT anymore, not like its PDs fault though.

The standing starts and crumby replay camerah angles is not exclusively a TGTT problem though. GT replay camerah angles have always been garbage and not one I'm aware of even comes close to real life broadcast angles. GT replay camerah angles in general suck, and a standing start option I'm sure everybody would appreciate for all tracks.

I don't get why PD uses lame angles and has no standing start option. It seems like it wouldn't be hard to at least give us standing starts, but the guys who set up the replay angles need a head whack with a book.

Cool track, too bad it not in GT anymore, not like its PDs fault though.

The standing starts and crumby replay camerah angles is not exclusively a TGTT problem though. GT replay camerah angles have always been garbage and not one I'm aware of even comes close to real life broadcast angles. GT replay camerah angles in general suck, and a standing start option I'm sure everybody would appreciate for all tracks.

I don't get why PD uses lame angles and has no standing start option. It seems like it wouldn't be hard to at least give us standing starts, but the guys who set up the replay angles need a head whack with a book.
GT Replay "Camerah" is far from garbage. It just not realistic in broadcast sense, its more of artistic.

In the TGTT case though, not having broadcast camera is very disappointing as fans of Top Gear likely to compare it to the TV. Im more disappointed on how PD doesn't even feature standing start.

I voted "don't care" as I have never really cared for the track in the first place. Its just one of those "take it or leave it" type of tracks for me...really doesn't matter.

I really want the track in the game, but feel it would be lacking without B-spec or something related to Stig testing the cars. PD could team with BBC America and create a special event to showcase the Stig's tested cars and try to beat his laps via time trials like the Senna update. That would be pretty epic.

It would be fine if they did it properly. Otherwise I'd rather they didn't waste their time.

No invisible walls. Doing it like Willow is fine.
Model at least one of the Reasonably Priced Cars. Having the track without them removes at least half the fun. A global leaderboard for this car/track combination should be considered mandatory.
Make it more "goofing around" friendly, because that's really what it's best for. Allow drag races on it for starters.
Have some Top Gear events that don't make me want to kill myself out of boredom.
Do the replay cameras right.

Back