Wii U Latest News and Discussion

It sounds like Mario Maker began life as an updated version of Mario Paint. It would be awesome if there are more functions they haven't revealed yet. An expanded version of the music composer for your custom levels would be sweet.

I'm really hoping there will be, after all...what's with there only being World 1 as a background?

Monster Hunter, Mario Kart and Super Smash...
I am really tempted to buy a Wii U.
Should I go for it?

ABP
Monster Hunter, Mario Kart and Super Smash...
I am really tempted to buy a Wii U.
Should I go for it?
As someone who took the plunge at Christmas? I'd say Yes. I was really weary about getting one when all my friends went PS4, but I had a really good feeling about Nintendo for some reason and went with my gut. Since getting it my PS3 has been turned on 3 times(all 3 to play WipEout) and it's been such an amazing console so far. I was shocked at how many stellar games there was already on the console(and now after E3, tons coming) and I still haven't bought all the games I want! Really, if you explore the games line-up, you will be able to decide for yourself if you really want it.

If you need any questions answered, feel free to fire away. :)

I feel that all the games on the Wii U are more fun-filled than all those major AAA-titles, which go for more immersion, which was cool BTW, are on the more powerful consoles. And that immersion is really getting stale. I just want to have that stupid amount of fun I had on my friend's Wii again.
Monster Hunter is easily the best game ever for me and Super Smash is really fun, too. I just don't feel that sort of affection for Gran Turismo, GTA and Cod anylonger. Plus I want to kind of return to the type of games I have had most fun with in my childhood. If I want to get immersed, I want to see a colorful Rainbow Road, the frightening roar of a Tigrex and the funny repetitive sound Link makes while attacking. So I think I have to wave PS and Sony goodbye after three consoles and one handheld, my gaming heart wants to have fun again.
Wii U here I come...

Wow I did not want to write that much. :D

Believe me, once you get it, you will continue to talk about the fun constantly, because that's what I love about my Wii U...there's just so many unique fun experiences that the other 2 seem to have left behind for now. I hope you make the right decision for your taste in games. :D

Thank you.
I have over 1000 hours of gameplay within the Monster Hunter franchise, more than any other game, and I still have stuff to do.
Countless hours spent playing Crash Team Racing on PSone and Super Smash at my friend's Wii.
Monster Hunter for me is the biggest reason to buy one, just because of it's uniqueness, and I hope more games will follow on the Wii U that are unique.
I just don't see that happening on the other gaming platforms (besides the 3DS).

Smash Bros

Yoshi

Captain Toad

Splatoon

2w34bcg.jpg

2w7etjt.jpg

1zfriwy.jpg

Last edited:
Well, after 20 hours of absolute fun...the treehouse has closed it's doors. :(

What an E3 this has been. Absolute joy from start to finish, absolutely hilarious too...when did Nintendo's sense of humour get so funny.

If you are in Europe, Nintendo have put up a 'Goodbye Treehouse' gift of 'Dr.Kawashima's Brain Training' on the Wii U eStore for download for free!

So, what games are we all looking forward to then?
  1. Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker
  2. Yoshi's Wolly World
  3. Kirby
  4. Splatoon
  5. Bayonetta
  6. Zelda U
  7. Smash
  8. Bayonetta 2
  9. Xenogears Chronicles
  10. Mario Maker
  11. Star Fox
  12. Hyrule Warriors

are my priorities right now.

Will Buy:
Super Smash Bros. U
Yoshi's Woolly World

Interested:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Maker
Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

Will Watch:
Sonic Boom
Star Fox
Xenogears Chronicles X

I really didn't enjoy Nintendo's showing that much, I am looking forward to a few games though.

1. Yoshi's Woolly World
2. Zelda U
3. Star Fox (Possibly, if it is like the SNES and 64 versions)
4. Metroid (apparently there is a 2D and 3D game in the making)

I'm also anticipating Project CARS, of course. I know Classic is waiting for some news/footage of that, too.

I'm most definitely looking forward to Project CARS as well but I'll be purchasing it on the PS4. I am interested to see how it will play on the Wii U though since it doesn't have any analog triggers.

Buy tickets for the upcoming Fatal Frame (known as Zero in JP) movie in JP.
urjhx.jpg

and get this image. Wii U main character is in the middle
2ahfuwn.jpg

McDonalds will be releasing Mario Kart 8 inspired toys for Happy Meals. Now my son is going to want to eat nothing but Happy Meals....not on my watch hahaha!
hrf0xv.png

Last edited:
I'm most definitely looking forward to Project CARS as well but I'll be purchasing it on the PS4. I am interested to see how it will play on the Wii U though since it doesn't have any analog triggers.
The most comfortable option will probably be to use the right analog stick, although I'll give ZL and ZR a try because the input filter might be good enough. Motion control steering could work too -- with each analog stick assuming the role of a trigger -- particularly with one of those desk/table-mount ideas that have been popping up.

EDIT: More news on Mario Maker!
NintendoEnthusiast.com
During an interview with USGamer, the games producer Takashi Tezuka stated "Obviously, there will be other graphical styles included and nothing’s been decided yet, but I’d also like to include other graphics that aren’t Mario. No, it won’t be top-down (like Zelda) It’s always going to be a 2D platformer."

...Tezuka also wants to include features from Mario Paint such as the music composition feature, which is still a tool which people still use today for creating their own renditions of songs. Sharing is another feature which will also be a big aspect of the game, as you would expect considering its all about creating levels, so while details have not been made public, its pretty much certain that you will be able to upload and download created levels online...

Last edited:
Mario Maker could be an LBP rival if it's done well enough, or at least challenge it.

In terms of platforming, strict 2D and Nintendo's masterful platforming physics are an improvement over LBP's annoying multi-planar mechanic and short wobbly jumps. I liked LBP (my wife really likes it too), but it's more frustrating to play than it should be.

I hadn't thought of Mario Maker as an LBP sort of game, but depending on how far they want to take the Mario Paint inspiration, it could be quite a bit more of a creative tool than they've shown in videos so far. I loved Mario Paint when I was growing up, I'll definitely be watching this one.

Last edited:
I have never enjoyed Dynasty Warriors but I might as well give this a bash. I just can't wait for Bayonetta 2, Kamiya is an absolute god of a lead project manager.

latest update added Pro Controller and Wii Remote support for the eShop too.

Back