Wii U Latest News and Discussion

b9c4xv.jpg

Nintendo outlined a campaign that will offer consumers unprecedented levels of value and variety this holiday season. That proposition includes:

• A $50 price drop for the Wii U Deluxe Set to a new suggested retail price of just $299.99, effective on Sept. 20.

• A limited-edition Wii U bundle featuring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD launching on Sept. 20.

What a hassle this thing was to get online! Ended up costing me an extra £26 in Powerline adapters and a Wii LAN Adapter...don't get why it doesn't just come with an Ethernet port.

Wireless-only is no bueno, but I wanted to mention that the wifi seems a lot faster than it was on the Wii.

Yeah, I would use Wifi but for some reason my signal isn't strong enough from my room...even if my PS3 and Laptop complies no problem. :confused:

But I love this thing, very glad I decided to go with the Wii U over the competition right now.

Good news from Nintendo for this E3! I'm excited about Pac-Man in Smash Bros., the new Legend of Zelda looks amazing, and I'm glad another Star Fox is on the way. Xenoblade Chronicles X has a name now -- I'm not sure I would enjoy its FFXII-like combat, but it makes up for it with mechs. There's also Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad's spinoff game, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for Wii U (based on the concept of Canvas Curse for the DS), and Mario Maker, to name a few more.

Between all this and the driving/racing titles I'm anticipating through the end of this year, the next couple years are going to be packed with awesome new games.

Last edited:
Thought that was a really strong showing from Nintendo. Zelda looks awesome, so full of style.
I am really hype about the new Zelda(obviously) but it was Splatoon that really shocked me. It looks like so much fun, even though it's very simple in concept.

Back