Wolla-wolla-ding-dong 5.0L+ Supercar Mashup

When should we end this racing series?

• Two events after le Sarthe with both venus voted for.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
South Africa
Herefordshire,
worduphomes
Dear GT5 racers. You are invited to join the:

Wolla-wolla-ding-dong 5.0L+ Supercar Mashup

WOODONETOMSSUPRA03.jpg

CorvetteC5-RC500.jpg

ViperGTS-RTeamOrecaRaceCar9100.jpg

CamaroLMRaceCar.jpg

CorvetteZR1C6RM09byChevrolet.jpg

Sunday, 12th February 2012 sees the start of the 12 round series, featuring a selection 5.0L V8 OR MORE cars and have been tested against one another to be more or less equal using the rules of this series.This is a championship with difference.

There are some unique rules, designed to keep the racing fair and give EVERYONE a chance.

There are 5 cars to choose from and each team consists of 2 drivers. If there is enough interest, a 2nd division
will be added. Each driver and teams best 10 results will count, so if you have a bad race or can't make a race, you will
not suffer, unless you miss 3 or more events. Instead of ballast penalties for the leaders, there will be pp bonuses for those
drivers near the bottom of the championship
. Information on this can be found in the 'Balast system' section below.

Please only enter this series if you are keen to see it though to the end.

Please see the selection of available cars/teams and enter the series by replying below with:

- Your PSN name
- The car/team you would like to drive/join
- Your country

The lounge will open at 19h00 GMT (sundays)
Qualifying starts at 19h15 and lasts for 10 minutes
Racing starts thereafter

* Be aware that clocks go forward by 1 hour in the UK on the 31st of March, so if you are in a country that does not have a change you will be starting 1 hour earlier for the races after 31st March.

Race Format:
Qualifying: 10 minutes - Starts at half past the hour and end at 20 to the following hour. Game qualifying results will remain final.
- At the end of qualifying, the game will line us up on the grid but this is NOT THE START OF THE RACE.
- You must remember your grid position and immediately quit.
- The lowest 5 placed drivers in the championship are allowed to increase their pp to the designated amount and the host
will control the entry to the track, making sure that those with no pp bonus go the pits first and then set the pp limit to the required amounts to let those with a bonus enter and go to the pits. Information on this can be found in the 'Ballast system' section below.
- When we are all back in the pits, the host will start the race.
- Lap 1 is a formation lap where you must return to your original grid position and maintain a neat order.
- The pace on the formation lap will be controlled by the pole-sitter and no overtaking is allowed until after the 1st corner on lap 2.

Race 1: Sprint race of 8 laps. (no pitstops)
Race 2: This will be the feature race of the night. The race distance will vary per track. The grid will be a reverse grid based on the sprint race finishing results. Race 2 will start immediately after Race 1. Each driver MUST make at least 1 pitstop per race.
Both races will feature the 'formation lap' and rolling start (helps reduce lag problems), with no racing on the formation lap and overtaking will be allowed until AFTER the 1st corner on lap 2 (or other 'host designated' corner).

- 12 entries for the championship (Reserve drivers welcome to apply too, to race if you can't make it).
- Everyone uses the car they are assigned at the beginning of the championship.
- Tyre choice and all driver aids will be available.
- If you choose to drive with SRF off you get 10% more points!
- The championship will last 12 rounds.
- Damage will be set to none and penalties set to weak (penalties may be set to none at certain races).
- There will be a 'base' maximum PP assigned to each car.
- Races will have rolling starts with a formation lap unless announced otherwise before the event.

Points will be awarded as follows:

Qualifying:
16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Sprint race results
30-28-26-24-22-20-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9

Feature Race results
60-54-50-48-46-44-42-40-39-38-37-36-35-34-32-30

* If you drive with Skid Recovery Force (SRF) OFF you will get the above points PLUS 10% rounded down to the nearest whole number!

Ballast System.

The bottom 5 drivers in the championship (assuming the lounge is full enough) will receive a 'ballast' bonus at each event (except for the 1st and last race) where they can increase their PP using their 'PP ballast balance'.

At each event, you can gain PP ballast bonus as follows:
Lowest placed driver -12pp,
2nd lowest placed driver -10pp,
3rd lowest placed driver - 8pp,
4th lowest placed driver - 6pp,
5th lowest placed driver - 4pp

BUT... If you finish 6th or better you don't receive any ballast bonus.

- Any driver above 6th place in the championship is not allowed to apply any ballast bonus at an event (even if you have a ballast bonus balance).
- The maximum ballast bonus balance is 24.
- The ballast system applies from round 2 onwards (except for the final event).
- Only drivers who completed in the previous round or who have completed at least 2 rounds are entitled to get a ballast bonus.
- A driver who has a ballast bonus may opt to not take the bonus at any event and roll the bonus over to add multiple bonuses together
- But no more than 24pp is allowed to be taken at any 1 event.
- If you get to 6th place or above in the championship, you may not use any ballast bonus available until you fall below 5th place in the championship.
-Youa are not allowed to take a ballast bonus if you finished 1st or 2nd overall in the previous championship you took part in.

How cheating the ballast system is prevented:

- At the end of qualifying:
- A photo of the grid as it stands will be taken.
- Everybody will be asked to leave the track and pits.
- The 'allowed PP' will be set to 623pp and everyone with no bonus must 'go to track'. These drivers must wait in the pits.
- The 'allowed PP' will be set to 623 + x (where x is the pp bonus for the driver/s with the lowest pp bonus). Then all drivers who this applies to must 'go to track' and wait in the pits.
- The 'allowed PP' will be set to 623 + y (where y is the pp bonus for the driver/s with the 2nd lowest pp bonus). Then all drivers who this applies to must 'go to track' and wait in the pits.
- So on and so forth until all drivers are in the pits.
- The original grid order from the photo will be read out.
- The race will be started and during the first part of the formation lap drivers must re-arrange themselves in the order given.
-After the first corner of lap 2 overtaking can commence and the race is under way as normal.

If any driver is deemed to be cheating this system in any way (by pretending to be disconnected and arriving later with higher PP for example), they will be kicked from the lounge and banned from the following event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

Formation lap / rolling start

I will add 1 lap to the total number of laps. when the lights go green we start a 'formation lap' with no overtaking until after the 1st corner on lap2.

The 'first corner' will be be the first tight corner after the start/finish straight and an exact definition will be made clear before the race.

The pace on the formation lap will be controlled by the pole sitter and he must please try and drive around half to 75% of race speed. Before each race a certain point on the track will be announced as the point where the pole sitter can accelerate up to race speed at any point he wishes.

The only time anyone is allowed to overtake anyone else is if you are moving up to get to original grid position. The formation lap is officially complete at the exit of the first corner on lap2. Drivers are not allowed to brake hard or make and dangerous moves on the formation lap to try to displace another driver. If there is a crash on the formation lap, drivers must recover and re-take their grip position in a calm orderly manner.

The host will save a replay of the race and drivers will be deducted an appropriate amount of points for any misbehavior on the formation lap.

General rules

- No aggressive bumping or hitting.
- One move only blocking (like F1). If being passed you may move to block (no hitting) once in one direction, afterwards if the car gets to the other side then you must allow the pass. This usually only applies only on straits.
- The lead car has the right away, the racing line, and sets the braking point through corners. RESPECT THEIR RIGHT! Try braking early and beating them on exit speed, or waiting for them to slip up.
- Late braking and corner diving is a risky move, often resulting in car-to-car contact. While this move is allowed, use caution as it may result in a bump off track and multiple offenses of this nature will result in loss of points or disqualification from series. This is most important in the first corner, don’t ruin your chance or anyone else’s by trying to skip 5 spots. Respect that those racers out-qualified you and earn your places.
-To put it simply: behave in the races as if you were in a real world car race.
- In the event of a disconnection, it will be treated as mechanical failure and you will still receive points for the round for any finishing positions you have attained in qualifying or the sprint race up until that point. You will also receive finishing or qualifying points for the race you were doing at the time of disconnection. So if you are the first to be disconnected you will be given last place. If you were the last to be disconnected you will receive the finishing result for the position after the last finisher etc.

Car contact incidents are part of racing and will always happen. Nobody is perfect.
Everybody makes involuntary driving errors. The important thing is to stay fair.

Here is the procedure to follow in case of an important incident:

-In case of an incident, always first look at the replay
- If after seeing the replay, you still think another driver has disadvantaged you, first contact him by PM.
- If that does not resolve the incident, send a PM to the race steward (host).
- Steward will review the replay and if necessary take a race-decision.
- Never accuse another driver publicly.

The above wording is based on the wording used by WSCC in their rules. Thanks guys for making good model rules.

Available cars

Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car #91 '00 (or #51)
Viper91a.jpg

Maximum PP - 623

ToyotaWOODONE TOM'S SUPRA '03
1163480806_n.jpg

Maximum PP - 623

ChevroletCorvette C5-R (C5) '00
superspeedwayindysmall.jpg

Maximum PP - 623

ChevroletCamaro LM Race Car ***Available now in the online dealership***
Chevrolet_Camaro_LM_Race_Car.JPG

Maximum PP - 623

ChevroletCorvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
CorvetteZR1C6RM09_4.jpg

Maximum PP - 623

Track list and race dates

Race 1 12/2/2012 - Fuji Speedway GT - 29 laps
Race 2 19/2/2012 - Nürburgring GP/F - 31 laps
Race 3 26/2/2012 - Spa Francorchamps - 26 laps
Race 4 4/3/2012 - Laguna Seca Raceway - 37 laps
Race 5 11/3/2012 - Monza - 27 laps
Race 6 18/3/2012 - Deep Forest Raceway - 34 laps
Race 7 25/3/2012 - Daytona International Speedway - 75 laps
Race 8 1/4/2012 - Grand Valley Speedway - 34 laps
Race 9 8/4/2012 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Time / Weather) - 14 laps (sprint race - 2 laps)

Entries so far:

Wolladriverslist.jpg

Series1
1 - Driver101 - Corvette ZR1
2 - scalebreaker96 - Viper
3 - canudigthis Viper
4 - skendgidi - Supra
5 - worduphomes - Corvette ZR1
6 - byo-hazard - Viper
7 - OnemanRiot - Supra
8 - zuat - Corvette CR-5
9 - BubbleBelly542
10 - greestlightnin - Camaro
11 - Sassafrass_3 - Camaro
12 - petrolheadka - Camaro

Hope to see you on track :)

Points update:
WollaWollaPoints-round8.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen any info on when the races start, but if it's as late as before, I won't be making it because my new term has every day starting at 8:45 my time (6:45 GMT).

Yes please Homes....good one.

Ford Falcon for me please....win or lose...I prefer driving it.

I see the ford had more pp, is that a typo or is it for real?

Sorry, I have just added that...

19h00 gmt

which is 21h00 gmt for you, but after 31st March it will be 20h00 for you.

:)

Skeng - the Supra is a good choice. Just make sure you use the right one. The 5163cc Woodone. ;)

driver0ne0one - Yes the Ford Falcon gets a little more pp - 632 !

How about we have a test this sunday night at 19h00 gmt?

Sounds good I will see you guys this Sunday

I'm a bit confused with the times , what time gmt will they be held ?

I guess you can answer all the questions this Sunday no worries .

Also do I see that we will be racing a oval track this season ?

Ack, it can be problematic if the other series that I'm committed to manage to start soon, 'cause I really don't want to revert back to the 'GT5 racing 5 days a week' system. :D

Skeng - 7pm GMT. I will explain what is happening with the time change near the end of March ;)

Yes are doing 1 round on an oval. Should be interesting.

I will update the pit window info in the next few days after a little more testing.

BTW - I have already made a few small changes to the ballast system rules.

Please sign me up as a reserve, as I occaisionally get mandated to work Sundays. Gotta go look-see what cars I have available.

greest_lightnin

Thanks

Just did my look-see. I've got all the cars except the Ford. Does anyone know if there's any difference between the #91 and #51 Vipers?

Decisions, decisions...:nervous:

sorry guys wont be able to do sundays, mondays is the worst for me meetings and customer queries need to be on my game every monday. Its gonna run to late and then I will be buggered the next day.

Hi guys. Sounds good to me especially once the time shifts 1 hour earlier for us South African racers.

I'm keen to race but I can already see I'm going to struggle to be on the pace due to lack of time for practicing.

BYO
Hi guys. Sounds good to me especially once the time shifts 1 hour earlier for us South African racers.

I'm keen to race but I can already see I'm going to struggle to be on the pace due to lack of time for practicing.

That's cool Byo..... I think a lot of us r in the same boat this year..... it's a big year work wise, but fortunately we're just naturally gifted racers and we'll give the other kids a hard time anyways haha ha

Guys I will run a lot of practice rooms, I dig the build up to a race night. I will start this weekend.

Tonight actually if anyone's available. around 9-10 maybe.

Does anyone know how I can get the Viper or C5-R so I can compare cars before I make a choice?
:)

Hi Homes, I am in for this one. I will also join the rooom on sunday. My gut is saying Falcon or C5, but will drive them all on sunday and then make a decision. Luckily, I have a copy of all of these cars, so it's just a matter of setting them up and seeing which one feels best. On a lighter note, I finally finished the A-spec 24 hrs Le mans. You get 13,8million exp and 1.7 million credits. The car you win is the Audi Playstation Team Oreca 05. Now for the 9hr and the last 24 hr race.

You are all wondering about the crazy name LOL.

...It was one of those 'It was meant to be' moments. I was originally planning a Aussie V8 Supercar series (hence the Ford Falcon) and was trying to come up with a name. I was thinking of Australia, Kangaroos, Koualas, Bathhurst, Wallabies etc and just as I was thinking about naming the series 'The Walaby shootout' my wife was watching the movie Grease. In the film there is a song that has the words 'wolla wolla bing bang' in it. Just as I heard those words it was like a lightbulb appearing above my head and somebody rang our doorbell at right after that, so forever more it was destined to be the 'wolla-wolla-ding-dong...'

Crazy. I know :D

Back