Wolla-wolla-ding-dong 5.0L+ Supercar Mashup

When should we end this racing series?

• Two events after le Sarthe with both venus voted for.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If we changing series now. Im putting my stamp on the Alfa 155. Dont care wat class im in I just want to drive it. Lol

I say we do 2 more races and work out some kinks for DTM. The season is too long. That's three months in the same car. Maybe DTM could be between 6-8 race championship.

I think it only feels long cause the racing has been boring, but if the racing is exciting then I don't mind driving the same car for 6 months lol.

I love the idea for two 20 lap races and quali in the same car. Not a fan of running DTM fully tuned. I would say no engine tune. I just don't like running high horsepower in those cars.

Must admit I haven't really driven them much, so I'm a novice at DTM. Let's see what Homes comes up with and start testing :)

Well at 650pp that will put some of them over 600hp. I think part of the problem with slow vs. fast drivers is grip. Most of the time the faster drivers are finding more grip. And less mistakes, of course. When you get these cars that powerful then grip becomes an issue. I just like the idea of them being closer to their stock numbers. The higher the horsepower the more a small mistake turns into an off track excursion. I'd like to see skid force recovery go bye-bye. Did I hear something about banning the A4? If so, why? The CLK is the fastest among them for sure. It also has massive downforce adjustment. I have a ton of experience in these cars even though it was a long time ago.

I think we started running skid recovery force to help the guys with the grip issue when running the high powered cars. With it off the guys were making more mistakes which in turn caused more accidents, which kinda ruins the racing. Yes is harder with it off, but the close racing isn't as much fun because the guys are sliding all over . With high powered cars you need all the help you can get to maintain grip and not ruin your tires after one lap, and with skid recovery force on it gives you more time to consentrate on the battle with another driver, instead of just trying to keep the car in a straight line. As you said, it's plenty hard enough keeping grip at 650pp even with it on lol. We want fun racing, not frustrating racing :)
Although we ran a few races the other night with all the aids off and it certainly sorts the men out from the boys and I think it might make the gap thru out the field even wider.

Although we ran a few races the other night with all the aids off and it certainly sorts the men out from the boys and I think it might make the gap thru out the field even wider.

Who is, was, or were "we"?

Sorry, my curiosity arises once again...:dopey:

They, Greest. The others. The South Africans.

I hear you there Canu. I didn't really think about that. The SFR helps alot. I'm just not used to running it. I only run it cause I have to. Me and Greest thought we could run without it in pre-season testing but there was about a 3 second difference. This whole deal is just impossible to make perfect. We can't make slower drivers faster. The only real answer is to slow down the faster drivers. But even that isn't very fair. You guys deserve to be up there. Don't get me wrong though, if I won a race when the faster guys had weight penalties, I'd be screaming "hell yeah" in my living room. Lol. But if I won then I'd get a penalty.

Like I said, I like whats been suggested so far. Spec qualifying, heat races, etc. This is your guys deal anyway. I feel kinda weird injecting my opinion. I can't help it, I guess.

Lol, now I'm a boy.

I will see the end of this series, if for no other reason than to prove to my team mate that I can do so.

'Tis what it is.

Lol.... this is our series, that's EVERYONE who takes part in it and this is where we throw ideas and suggestions around..... and even argue sometimes haha ha. It's fantastic!
All I'm looking for is close racing. By putting faster guys in slower cars and slower guys in faster cars I think we could achieve that. I seriously don't mind coming last..... As long as the racing is tough, good, fun and a challenge :)

Driver 101
Sorry thinking out aloud.....dum suggestion

What's the point, let's just make Scale the champion or finish the thing properly. I'm sure Ally is itching to kick our ass at the next race in his Super Supra ;)

Nah I’m not itching to do anything… I’m just waiting to do my best on Sunday and finish off this series…

Mind you if you do want to cut this series short, I wouldn’t mind bypassing Autumn Ring and Indy and go straight to Nürburgring Nordschleife as I would have not been able to race there anyway….

OK, in the interests of preventing boredom and spicing things up quicker, how about we do waht ally suggestes?

Race as normal on sunday and then do the Nordschliefe next week to end off the series?

Then we can TEST TEST TEST for the new series 👍

I really wasn't looking forward to Nordschliefe..... it's the most boring race of the year for me ;)
I would rather make this round the last round if I had a choice :)

Autumn ring and Road Indy are my 2 favourite tracks and I would rather do those lol
So let's just make this round the finale :)

Hey all you hardcore GT5 race fans....

Ok, I dont really mind the outcome of this vote, even if one of the immediate votes are mine.

I just honestly feel we have two extremely good drivers in a very good car, a combination that is very hard to beat. Please don't get me wrong, I am not at their level anyways, but I am more concerned about the whole field of drivers. Its may be difficult for someones motivation to commit to a race when they know there's no chance of winning or running at the front.

This is why I feel we need to change. If we have a series when all drivers know they have a chance of a good race, a close race, and a chance for the win, maybe Sunday race nights will take more of a priority.

@ Homes - give me a shout when you want to do some DTM testing (if needed).

How bout for La Sarthe we allow everyone to max their cars... No PP restrictions no nothing. All cars tuned to the max and we all go for it.. I opt for that if La Sarthe is the last race or we can even do it if Nordeshcleife is the last...

Driver 101
Hey all you hardcore GT5 race fans....

Ok, I dont really mind the outcome of this vote, even if one of the immediate votes are mine.

I just honestly feel we have two extremely good drivers in a very good car, a combination that is very hard to beat. Please don't get me wrong, I am not at their level anyways, but I am more concerned about the whole field of drivers. Its may be difficult for someones motivation to commit to a race when they know there's no chance of winning or running at the front.

This is why I feel we need to change. If we have a series when all drivers know they have a chance of a good race, a close race, and a chance for the win, maybe Sunday race nights will take more of a priority.

@ Homes - give me a shout when you want to do some DTM testing (if needed).

Jeez Driver...... don't sell yourself short their...... you myself and Scale have had some incredible battles in the past and we are all very even..... ok ok Scale is THE MASTER! We all compare ourselves to him ;) but its really boring rocking up every week knowing I'm guaranteed a 1st or a 2nd because my car is superior..... I really have no motivation to continue this series.
@ Homes- let me know when you start the DTM testing, I'm super excited to have some great racing with Driver again..... and hopefully the rest of the field 2!

Ok boys, I just did some testing at Autumn Ring ( tight track ) with all the cars I have at their max pp ( with max downforce ) with no setup work done.

Here's the results:
Slow group:
1- M3 GTR 1:07.973
2- CLK MERC 00' 1:08.475
3- Astra ( Opel team Phoenix ) 1:08.742

Medium group:
4- Abt Audi TT-R 1:09.514
5- A4 Audi 1:09,538

Fast group:
6- Calibra 1:10.734
7- 155 2.5 V6 Alfa 1:11,323

Scales car lol:
8- 320i BMW touring car 1:15.961

I did a number of laps in each car and I recon the results are pretty accurate. The only car I don't have is the older Merc touring car. I'll test the cars on an open fast track like Monza or High speed ring to compare results :)

thanks Canu, just need to say that the m3 is not to good on tires, in fact its s*** lol, so dont reccomened having that in. and i do have the 320i touring car lol but rest of cars looks perfect as it is and the 190e merc is close to the alfa and calibra aswell :)

Back