Wolla-wolla-ding-dong 5.0L+ Supercar Mashup

When should we end this racing series?

• Two events after le Sarthe with both venus voted for.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And canu stop calling me 'the master' lol because if immortal joins im sure he will thrash me, he can keep tires in amazing condition yet still drive amazingly fast :D

Test results at High speed Ring with Max pp and no downforce at all! Geared to 340kph :
Slow group:
1- M3 0:59.408
2-Astra 1:00.088
3-CLK Merc 1:00.101
4-A4 Audi 1:00.427

Medium group:
5-Abt Audi TT-R 1:01.384
6-Calibra 1:02.000

Fast group:
7-155 2.5 V6 Alfa 1:03.623

Scales car lol:
320i BMW touring car 1:08.554

Interesting results, especially the Audi A4 which seems to run with the big dogs with no wing ;)

Last edited:
Canudigthis
Test results at High speed Ring with Max pp and no downforce at all! Geared to 340kph :
Slow group:
1- M3 0:59.408
2-Astra 1:00.088
3-CLK Merc 1:00.101
4-A4 Audi 1:00.427

Medium group:
5-Abt Audi TT-R 1:01.384
6-Calibra 1:02.000

Slow group:
7-155 2.5 V6 Alfa 1:03.623

Scales car lol:
320i BMW touring car 1:08.554

Interesting results, especially the Audi A4 which seems to run with the big dogs with no wing ;)

How does the slow group go faster?

In both tests the difference between the fastest and the slowest car is 4 seconds. That's quite a lot considering they are both very short tracks. On longer tracks the gap might get up to 8 seconds. Seeing all the cars are at max pp we will probably have to look at limiting the fastest cars in some way because I don't think the slower drivers are that slow lol.

A big part of the gap now is probably setups. Sure, I can get your fastest setup, but that's for your driving style, so I can't use it. I know it's a great thing to be able to do, but not everyone knows how to tune. In my opinion tuning should be banned, besides gear ratios.

hi guys i did some running on SPA and heres my results
fastest group
CLK 2.03.612
fast group
Astra 2.04.826
M3 2.04.976
medium group
A4 2.05.642
TT 2.05.998
slow group
Calibra 2.11.298
Alfa 2.11.360
slowest group
190e 2.12.984

This is run with maxium pp for each car :)

BubbleBelly542
A big part of the gap now is probably setups. Sure, I can get your fastest setup, but that's for your driving style, so I can't use it. I know it's a great thing to be able to do, but not everyone knows how to tune. In my opinion tuning should be banned, besides gear ratios.

Those times were without any setup changes Bubble..... stock standard. Setup is part of the game so you had better get used to it cause it's not going away dude. Don't worry, you'll find something that works for you, you first need to play more, put more time in to get a driving style lol.

Scale96
hi guys i did some running on SPA and heres my results
fastest group
CLK 2.03.612
fast group
Astra 2.04.826
M3 2.04.976
medium group
A4 2.05.642
TT 2.05.998
slow group
Calibra 2.11.298
Alfa 2.11.360
slowest group
190e 2.12.984

This is run with maxium pp for each car :)

Thanks Scale!! Wow that's a gap of 9 seconds between the fastest and slowest car. I recon we scrap the 190e Merc...... she's ugly and way to slow ;) and it's the only one I don't have haha ha...... but there you go Homes, all the info you need to help you make your decisions ;)

Last edited:
I thought I might pop in and say this
I've done a dtm league and it wasnt very exciting. The gt500 and one make series homes has done was a lot more fun
I think we need to go along the route of less is more.
so i suggest this we uses cars that people don't normally race, something different.
use classic cars with racing hard and mediums there's plenty of classic circuit/rally cars that handle well and are allot of fun.
or if that doesn't float your boat well what about a one make TC series then you can customize it to your liking
allot of these cars are probably sitting in your garage nor being driven so why not use them

Willfred_1
I thought I might pop in and say this
i've done a dtm league and it wasnt very exciting. The gt500 and one make series homes has done was a lot more fun
I think we need to go along the route of less is more.
so i suggest this we uses cars that people don't normally race, something different.
use classic cars with racing hard and mediums there's plenty of classic circuit/rally cars that handle well and are allot of fun.
or if that doesn't float your boat well what about a one make TC series

I agree. One make is more fun, makes for closer competition.

The whole reason why we are doing the championship this way is to give the slower guys faster cars to compete agains the faster guys, so that the racing will be closer. Running a one make series will just have the faster guys hammering the slower guys again and everyone dropping out because they don't stand a chance to win. Come guys...... try stay focused...... please. We are actually trying our best to make a great series here!

Canudigthis
The whole reason why we are doing the championship this way is to give the slower guys faster cars to compete agains the faster guys, so that the racing will be closer. Running a one make series will just have the faster guys hammering the slower guys again and everyone dropping out because they don't stand a chance to win. Come guys...... try stay focused...... please. We are actually trying our best to make a great series here!

But think about it. Those who are running the Camaro in this series are probably really good drivers, and put in the same car/setup would probably be pretty fast.

Being a Camaro driver, I agree and disagree. I'm definitely not Schmacher in a Minardi. Old school F1 referance. Lol. But a one make series will come down to set up. I actually love the idea of a one make series but I also dread it. Fast drivers are still going to be fast. No matter how you cut it. I think the idea that's brewing for the DTM series is pretty good if we execute it properly. Putting slow drivers in faster cars? Hello? This is an awesome idea. The faster guys are going to have to dig for a podium. They want a challenge anyway. It gets boring up front all alone.

I'm going to see Radiohead in Seattle so I won't be at the race on Sunday. Whatever you guys decided to do with this series is fine with me. The only thing I would like to see is a shorter new series.

Bubble if you come run with me and Greest we can show you some set up tricks that are general and will work for you. None of these things are secrets but just simple things to get started on setup changes. We all have different setups and driving styles you just need a starting point. You also may need to change your style a little. We all get into a rut sometimes and need someone else to look at our racing line and give some info that we're not seeing. You're already off to a good start by running with guys that are faster than you and have a wealth of knowledge. Now you just can't give up. It takes time to integrate these things on track. I have to run with these guys so I can learn to be faster too.

BubbleBelly542
But think about it. Those who are running the Camaro in this series are probably really good drivers, and put in the same car/setup would probably be pretty fast.

This is why I'm suggesting we do a same car shoot out, one at a time on the track setting your fastest lap time. This way we can get a good idea who is who in the zoo. Everyone has equal opportunity to prove their pace because we are all on level terms. Once we have done that we can accurately allocate the correct car to each driver to make it a close series. You want to prove you're fast...... here's your chance. Not once have I said who is fast as who is not.....have I?
Time to show your hand :)

This is why I'm suggesting we do a same car shoot out, one at a time on the track setting your fastest lap time. This way we can get a good idea who is who in the zoo. Everyone has equal opportunity to prove their pace because we are all on level terms. Once we have done that we can accurately allocate the correct car to each driver to make it a close series. You want to prove you're fast...... here's your chance. Not once have I said who is fast as who is not.....have I?
Time to show your hand :)

you don't need to say who's fast and who's slow as we've all raced each other in different cars
I know im slow if not the slowest but at the nurburg ring im one of the quicker ones (gt500 I came third ) so putting every one on level terms is one one track is pointless and you would probably have to do a quali series to get an accurate picture of the pace of drivers.

im just feel that i think every one should just pick a car. split the series into two classes (90's dtm and present dtm) and be done with it as won half of your selection was built to very different regulations to the others

There are no present DTM cars in the game. And if you let everyone just pick a car the faster guys will pick the CLK or the Astra. It's a simple decision.

You also may need to change your style a little. We all get into a rut sometimes and need someone else to look at our racing line and give some info that we're not seeing.

Bubble, we (as team mates) have found this to be true. When one of us is notably faster than the other on a given track, the faster guy follows and gives an honest critique on where time could be gained by altering a line on a given turn(s). I'm pretty sure Sass will tell you that it has worked both ways. You are welcomed to join us any time. Us Yanks gotta figger out how to catch, scratch that, beat these guys...:banghead:

👍👍👍

greestlightnin
Bubble, we (as team mates) have found this to be true. When one of us is notably faster than the other on a given track, the faster guy follows and gives an honest critique on where time could be gained by altering a line on a given turn(s). I'm pretty sure Sass will tell you that it has worked both ways. You are welcomed to join us any time. Us Yanks gotta figger out how to catch, scratch that, beat these guys...:banghead:

👍👍👍

Okay, that sounds great.

If you see me or Greest online, 90% of the time we're testing for upcoming races. We're always trying to get better. I seem to have hit a wall progression wise. I can't seem to get over the hump and go faster.

Sassafrass_3
If you see me or Greest online, 90% of the time we're testing for upcoming races. We're always trying to get better. I seem to have hit a wall progression wise. I can't seem to get over the hump and go faster.

Ahhh. Won't be able to race until late Sunday or Monday.

Back