World of Speed [PC]: Still waiting on that Beta they've been advertising!

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 64 comments
Looks amazing! :drool:
I'm looking forward to this!

World-of-Speed-Screenshot-13.jpg

2432338-wos_screenshot_wm+(8).jpg

World-of-Speed-Screenshot-2.jpg

Wos_Screenshot_WM_1.jpg

world-of-speed-1.jpg

World-of-Speed-Screenshot-06.jpg

The best part about this game is the inclusion of this car!

world_of_speed.jpg

Lada Samara! :lol:👍

World of Speed Latest City - San Francisco!
World of Speed is all about racing awesome cars in cool locations, and today we’re thrilled to announce the addition of San Francisco, one of America’s most iconic metropolitan areas, to the list of places you can race in.

San Francisco is famous for its hills, with steep climbs, hair-raising descents, and famous landmarks like the entrance to the city’s Chinatown district, all of which are reproduced in amazing realism that will make you feel like you’re driving the streets yourself.​
[Source]

Mitsubishi Joins World of Speed
We are extremely excited to welcome another major addition to the World of Speed universe with Mitsubishi’s Lancer Evolution X FQ400! This rally race dominator will give you a taste of all the learnings that Mitsubishi has taken from their racing heritage.

Whether you’re driving on a racetrack or on a staged track, you’ll find the Lancer Evolution X FQ400 is more than a match for anything you’re throwing at it. Especially when you’re cornering, the Lancer will show its RallyCross heritage and show that going fast in the straightaways isn’t the key to winning!
[Source]

I wonder if they're using the pCARS engine just with some handling tweaks.

Same game engine yes but the physics engine doesn't share a single line of code with the pCARS engine. So no, not just a few handling tweaks. A complete different model.

So choppy when you hit stuff...Like, awful. And I suppose everyone will complain because there's no damage?

It looks better than it did in the earlier video. It's hard to tell when gameplay preview videos for driving games always seem to be done by someone with zero skill or interest.

Truly Get Behind the Wheel with the Cockpit Racing Camera

Everyone has their favorite racing camera - some prefer the low to the ground bumper cam while others prefer seeing the whole car with the chase camera but there are those who like to truly get behind with the wheel with the cockpit camera!
We are happy to confirm that players will be able to get behind the wheel in World of Speed with the cockpit camera! Not only does this camera put you behind the wheel but you'll be able to look around the interior of your favorite car which can be pretty handy when you're in a four wheel drift...

[Source]

...airfield playground...hillclimb...drag strip

The Mercedes-Benz Lineup Expands with the 190E 2.5-16 Evolution
If you’re having a discussion about classic track-cars, you can’t really help but mention the Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution, and it was a no-brainer for us to welcome this beautiful car to World of Speed. Debuted in 1989 at the Geneva Auto Show, this car was built to go around a track fast.

The Evolution was designed to be a sporty production car, and in that respect it performed admirably, providing many under-the-hood changes from the regular 2.5-16 model, including upgraded brakes, suspension, and a full SLS suspension. Now that it’s drivable in World of Speed, you’ll get a chance to experience what it’s like to drive this historic car yourself!
[Source]

World of Speed Welcomes Fiat​

Not all sporty cars are hulking beasts. Enter the Fiat 500 Abarth, which we’re excited to invite into the lineup of cars you can drive in World of Speed. This small but aggressive hatchback packs a mean punch, and celebrates Fiat’s racing heritage with style.

The Fiat 500 Abarth packs a powerful punch for a car so small, with 160 HP and 170 LB-FT of Torque. Perfect for narrow city streets and for slipping between your opponents when a lesser car wouldn’t fit, we can’t wait to take this car on the streets of San Francisco.
[Source]

Renault Joins World of Speed
You don’t need a supercar to go fast and have fun. The Renault Sport Megane R.S. is the latest addition to World of Speed, and we really couldn’t be happier! Renault has had great success with this sporty hot hatch, and we can’t wait to let you try it out for yourself.

With 265 HP and 265 LB-FT of Torque, this car will take you everywhere you need to go, fast. Renault has managed to squeeze every ounce of power out of this 2-liter engine. Incredible handling, thanks to the dampers and anti-roll bars, ensure that you can get around corners quickly and nimbly.
[Source]

Slightly Mad Studios’ MMO arcade racer World Of Speed is free, but don’t call it free-to-play

World Of Speed’s focus is on team play, with Slightly Mad aiming to ditch the focus on podium places and ensure every player’s contribution is meaningful. Of course, you’ll earn XP for coming first, but you’ll grab some for a last-place finish. And there are other objectives: trading paint with every car in a race, or drifting around every corner.

“Other games say they have team-based racing. They don’t. There may be objectives, but everyone’s out for themselves,” Tudor explains. “For our Need For Speed: Shift team racing DLC, we didn’t provide the right toolset or communicate to players that it’s not all about you. It’s about you working alongside everyone else.

“The online competitive arena is quite scary. If I go into a race and there’s a guy who shoots off into first place, I just think, ‘Why am bothering?’ You give up, and that happens in every genre. When you take away that pressure of vying for first place, and you say, ‘You’re part of a team now’, [then] one of your guys can be amazing and you provide support for them in a certain role – either by doing something completely different to him, like drifting around all the corners, or by blocking people from potentially trying to overtake him – [and] it feels awesome.”

I think you should have quoted this:

They should be well subscribed, too, since World Of Speed will be free – just don’t call it free-to-play. “It’s not free-to-play, it’s free,” says an agitated Tudor. “It’s very obvious when you start putting walls into your game that require people to pay money to get over. I don’t know why games do it; we’re certainly not going to do that, ever. It’s also annoying when another player gets an advantage because they’ve put money into the game. We will never have a super-nitrous pack that will allow somebody to accelerate away from you. We expect you to get to the upper echelons of the game, with the best kit and best cars, and not have spent a single penny.”

Either way, sounds like good news.

This must be the Lada announcement in the game I guess.

And also some gifs of this game that I found.
weather.gif

tuningbmw.gif

Last edited:
Back